Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Try Hack Squats (holding barbell behind you). You won't walk for days

I use dumbbells. But hey, they count when you have 5 crushed vertebrates and someone ripped your chest open and played with your heart. I would need a spot with a barbell. Oh well, my “ass is in the grass” so I’m going deep enough for a nose bleed on the way back up.

I use dumbbells. But hey, they count when you have 5 crushed vertebrates and someone ripped your chest open and played with your heart. I would need a spot with a barbell. Oh well, my “ass is in the grass” so I’m going deep enough for a nose bleed on the way back up.

If the gym has a sled, that would be much better and safer and you can spot yourself by pushing on your knees.

If the gym has a sled, that would be much better and safer and you can spot yourself by pushing on your knees.

Most good gyms have one. My gym is a converted shop. I live in the boonies, but I have a decent assortment of equipment, to include a squat rack and a cable machine. I’ve actually thought of getting a sled, but at my age just doing body weight squats gets me fired up. It’s still a converted shop, but it’s also the old-man gym. I can fart in there and nobody gets upset. My wife works out later in the day so she doesn’t have to put up with my crying. :goof:

I would be looking at them pellet grills. They are so sweet and give the charcoal flavor.

I didn’t buy one yet. I looked and didn’t like anything I saw...for those prices.

There's more longevity in strength training anyways. Power lifting can get out of hand and lead to injuries all in effort to appear healthier. It makes some sense when we're younger, but makes less sense as we gain our years. I wish I had it in me to get back into good habits like that, but instead I sit here day after day testing how much fat I can stuff into this new donut I grew around me :D

Back
Top Bottom