Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I hope that's next years wood, kinda late for this years. :thumb: If it's dry Hope their small so you can split them.

Dude...I never do anything ahead of time. It’s definitely dry. No issues there. I’ll probably be looking for more wood before Spring, but this is a new wood stove so I’m hoping it’ll be somewhat efficient. Actually, I’d rather pay for wood than propane. There’s just nothing like wood heat when it’s cold outside.

1573090882597.jpeg

If your looking for an affordable wood splitter, I can recommend the DR PILOT K10 Electric log splitter. Great cycle time...relatively moveable (especially now that Gramps is a lean mean wood splitting machine) and very affordable ($450.00 right now). I Had to invest in one since wood is our primary source of heat. I still like splitting by hand and try to do a dozen or so bolts a day just for the exercise, but the bulk is done by the DR log splitter.

I have used hydraulic ones before that were so damn slow. The electric one has an amazing cycle time and even splits the really fat logs relatively easy (but you might have to flip it over and hit from the other side). Now real knotty stuff can take a few attempts to get it to split fully but thats to be expected.

:thumb:Here's my homemade splitter, I have yet to be stumped by a round and have had 3 foot fir & 30" maple. I usually run it at 1/3 speed unless it's a tuff one. It's over 12 years olds and on it's second motor. I highly recommend Harbor Freights 5 horse copy of a Honda, very reliable, affordable and easy start after sitting a year. :woohoo:

:thumb:Here's my homemade splitter, I have yet to be stumped by a round and have had 3 foot fir & 30" maple. I usually run it at 1/3 speed unless it's a tuff one. It's over 12 years olds and on it's second motor. I highly recommend Harbor Freights 5 horse copy of a Honda, very reliable, affordable and easy start after sitting a year. :woohoo:

DAYUM! You’re one of those guys who can build a pussy with a hammer... :rofl:

I wish I had maple to burn. I’m lucky to get fir. @Van Stank I’m definitely looking up that splitter. Thanks!

DAYUM! You’re one of those guys who can build a pussy with a hammer... :rofl:

I wish I had maple to burn. I’m lucky to get fir. @Van Stank I’m definitely looking up that splitter. Thanks!
Check out you tube.....lots of good videos on it

Plants look amazing granda pa. Did you ever flower out the Pamelina? I just chopped my first GG4 a few weeks ago, and the terps are almost identical to me. I am gonna try and cross them together this next round.

I did not. I let everything go in my veg. These girls in flower are the only ones I have left. It’s unfortunate but I’ll manage. I’d love to see you cross those.

For those of you following my fitness journey, I’m steadily getting stronger and healthier. During our walk this morning I did 70 push-ups, in sets of 10. Naturally, when I began this fitness stuff, I couldn’t do one push-up or one squat.

I’m now working on pull-ups (overhand grip / pronated?). From a dead hang I can pull myself up very close to being all the way up. I can hold it there for a second and then slowly lower. I cannot do more than one...that’s what I’m focusing my workouts towards. Lots of back and forearm work in my immediate future. Naturally, losing more fat will help me be lighter and easier to lift.

Is there a moral to this story?

Get off the couch beeyotch! :cheesygrinsmiley:

For those of you following my fitness journey, I’m steadily getting stronger and healthier. During our walk this morning I did 70 push-ups, in sets of 10. Naturally, when I began this fitness stuff, I couldn’t do one push-up or one squat.

I’m now working on pull-ups (overhand grip / pronated?). From a dead hang I can pull myself up very close to being all the way up. I can hold it there for a second and then slowly lower. I cannot do more than one...that’s what I’m focusing my workouts towards. Lots of back and forearm work in my immediate future. Naturally, losing more fat will help me be lighter and easier to lift.

Is there a moral to this story?

Get off the couch beeyotch! :cheesygrinsmiley:
The pull down weight stack is good for building up to do pullups also. I like it ,because you can do more reps than pull ups while building up to doing pullups.

Back
Top Bottom