Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

Hello everyone!

Well, Grandpa's been a busy beaver lately. The holidays are over and I'm happy about that. Time to focus on the garden. I hope you enjoy what happens.

I am a medical marijuana patient in my state and only grow my own medicine. I like the fact that I can grow more than what I need. I've been growing for several years now, but I still consider myself a novice. I used to grow only in soil until I tried DWC. Before my first DWC bucket went to flower I knew I was done mixing soil. My last grow was my first DIY RDWC flower rotation and I absolutely love it. Even though it's only two buckets it make life so much easier...especially on my old back.

After my last journal I decided to make a few changes to my little RDWC system. Now, I can walk directly into my flower room and not be blocked by the PVC. Here's a few pictures:

0EB341BA-3E2D-4380-9E4F-3559FA68CDCC.jpeg

360FDF45-B8E2-48BC-B657-1EF6CAA77749.jpeg

D5EC1264-2E0B-4FEE-8FAF-E5633D8D5010.jpeg

I flushed some bleach water through the system for a full 24 hours after cleaning the res and buckets. I then emptied everything and flushed again with clean RO water for about 16 hours overnight. Here's what the Raspberry Cough girls look like in veg:

0143183E-BB28-45EE-81DD-AC47EF954A93.jpeg

I gave away my GG Mother to a friend in desperate need so I had to take some clones before she left. They've been in the cloner for 6 days so far:

08AA7B4E-F506-42B0-A303-9EA5EBF0BB4E.jpeg

After getting the flower room cleaned and the system ready to go I put the two Raspberry Coughs into the system:

7D2B53CE-AC4B-4636-BCA5-F7F40D7FBC51.jpeg

067D1379-5427-4F3B-A4F3-EF20CFA13B51.jpeg

Last night was their first 12 hours of darkness in the new system so today is Flip day 1. Woohoo!!!

I was so happy this morning–that they were still alive–that I decided to make some canna coconut oil capsules. One cup of coconut oil, one tsp of lecithin, and a slab of hash oil I made with Everclear:

FCAAC644-606B-4EBD-8003-E14BB158D49B.jpeg

DAD1FBDB-6E6F-4788-9C21-BE2E06F5CAFA.jpeg

Now I'm pooped! I think I'll just hit this and call it a day:

0E345C53-6132-488C-B15D-9FB79418B6E6.jpeg

66A39B34-FFA8-4989-A4C3-12FE1EE3D764.jpeg

F51C97C4-E1B7-4B2A-8CD7-3B5E7CA55E06.jpeg

I hope you all have a wonderful 420 kinda day!
dam brotha that setup looks amazing and its funny u said u grew in soil till ur first dwc bucket then u were like nope never again lol i pretty much did the same thing over here haha i have 2 dwc buckets going right now and plant to convert my whole setup to this style. but yeah that bud looks tastey as hell and nice bong u got there great job im off to catch up in this journal hope the garden is going strong 4 ya still

dam brotha that setup looks amazing and its funny u said u grew in soil till ur first dwc bucket then u were like nope never again lol i pretty much did the same thing over here haha i have 2 dwc buckets going right now and plant to convert my whole setup to this style. but yeah that bud looks tastey as hell and nice bong u got there great job im off to catch up in this journal hope the garden is going strong 4 ya still

Glad you’re here Blazin! I’m heading your way too.

Good to see you have to troops on guard Gramps! Kill them bastardly little mites!!

What’s funny about this whole thing is this: I’ve had lady bugs for quite some time now. I’ve actually been trying—without much luck apparently—to breed them. Anyway, my flower room has some mites, but my veg room doesn’t. But, there are no lady bugs in the flower room now. That may be because I’ve been spraying. Anyway, what I’m failing to say is that I still got mites even with lady bugs all over the place. They are still thriving in my veg room so that’s okay with me. In a few weeks I’ll completely fumigate the flower room.

Nice little forge GT! Good to see a friendly creepy crawly around. That Amherst is on my short list. I almost picked it up this time around but got their raspberry diesel instead.

I enjoy the flavors of the Amherst, and the high is really good. I kept it for 4 flower rotations because I liked it so much. I’m going to try some new stuff on the side and only keep the glue for now.

What do you craft if that forge?! I’ve never seen anything like it. Is that how one would go about working metal into a blade?

Exactly. I like to make knives, and tinker. I’m no master blade-smith, but I can make something that looks like it’s a real knife. :ganjamon:

I can't believe you traded your bellows in for that..... :laugh:

It took me years to figure out how to work those bellows too... :slide:

Good morning Sunshine! It’s a glorious day here already. The ladies are alive and still pushing some pistols. I’m hoping they will plump up a tiny bit more in the next two weeks or so. I plan to take these down the last week of March—no matter what. That gives me a few days to completely gut the room and fumigate/bleach/torch it. :yahoo: Then, I can put these two Glues in by the first week of April, and be golden to harvest by the first week of June, since I don’t flower anything for the Summer months. I just smoke it all up...or make oils, or whatever.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! Enjoy!

Looking really nice GPT. Notice any more bugs after ?

Good question. I believe I’ve nuked the adults, but probably not the eggs. It’s hard to say because I don’t know how long they actually were there. I can still see some of the spotted fan leaves at the bottom where I initially found the bugs, but I don’t see any more.

I’ll give a plug here for the flying skull bug killer. It does well.

Back
Top Bottom