Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Grandpa,

PM me with your address, I have a brand new PH pen and TDS (PPM) pen that I have no use for, it has the calibration powder and instructions on how to calibrate it, I will even calibrate it for you with my Growboss solutions so all you have to do is open the package and stick it in your nute water.

I have one just like it that I received in a "package deal", once it is calibrated, they are very close to my hydro Growboss monitor as far as accuracy.

I as everyone else here on your journal want you to succeed, and wish you and Kelley the best, when we as noobs start this great journey, we are all blind, thank god we have a great form like this to help each other out, failure is a learning experience, I don't have enough fingers & toes to count mine!

You will get enough out of your current grow to keep you trying for better results, you already have the knowledge of where this grow went wrong, and you will always have the help here from everyone that pulled up a chair.

Hope to hear from you soon,:high-five:
OTM

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

OT...as I told you in the PM, Kelley and I are so blown away by the generosity, kindness and downright compassion of the people on this forum. Thank you so much for that offer and the equipment! Everybody... Please note! This man has only been a member of these forums since April of this year! How awesome is he to be doing things like this already!?! The PM is in your inbox with our address. I am actually quite curious to know what the pH levels and PPM levels are now. Thanks to you, OT, we will now be able to do that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be quite High. We'll see when we can do the testing. Once again, our extreme appreciation for what you have stepped up and done! God bless, our new friend! :thanks:

OT...as I told you in the PM, Kelley and I are so blown away by the generosity, kindness and downright compassion of the people on this forum. Thank you so much for that offer and the equipment! Everybody... Please note! This man has only been a member of these forums since April of this year! How awesome is he to be doing things like this already!?! The PM is in your inbox with our address. I am actually quite curious to know what the pH levels and PPM levels are now. Thanks to you, OT, we will now be able to do that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be quite High. We'll see when we can do the testing. Once again, our extreme appreciation for what you have stepped up and done! God bless, our new friend! :thanks:

Hi Grandpa & Kelley,

Thank you for your kind comments, the pens are on the way and should arrive before this weekend, I will PM you the tracking info.

I calibrated the PH pen so its ready to go as soon as it arrives, there are packets of calibration powder, use instructions, and a screwdriver to re-calibrate it down the road. The TDS/PPM pen is factory calibrated and not adjustable.

I am curious to see what your tap water reads out of the tap and 24 hrs after letting it sit to evaporate the chlorine, that may have been some of your problems with the yellow and dying leaves. My local tap water reads high at 8.5-9.5 PH and 250-300 PPM right out of the tap, while the PPM is not a big deal, (you just need to keep that in mind when adding your nutes and adjust accordingly) high PH is and will have a effect on your plants.

I have read in many blogs/articles that baking soda and vinegar should only be used as a emergency substitute, while it will do the job, it contains other elements that build up in soils/root systems. A quart of PH down which is all you will probably need is around $18.00 and will last through many grows in soil because it doesn't take much to bring the PH down. Remember to adjust your PH after all nutes are added.

When you get your PH pen and start to use it, rinse the probe with tap water after each use and store the probe in a glass with enough distilled water to keep the end wet, the TDS/PPM pen just needs to be wiped off and stored with the cap on.

Look forward to hearing your results:goodluck:
OTM

I have an announcement...drumroll... I have another benefactor that I have not mentioned here yet. BunkBuds as offered and will be sending us a bag of FFOF soil! This is another member who is fairly new to the site since March. I find it more than awesome that he could take time, finances and his daily routine to do this for someone he just doesn't know. I am flabbergasted between Ki and OT and their generosity. I cannot count on both hands how many people have offered, sent and given the most valuable advice that anyone could ever need or want. Thanks so much, BB! Unlike me, you hit it out of the park! God bless!

Damn this place is awesome, never ceases to amaze me at how generous people can be in some one elses time of need. That is pretty kick ass of you old timer we all appreciate what you did for them. Will be neat to see what they can do with the right tools!

Damn this place is awesome, never ceases to amaze me at how generous people can be in some one elses time of need. That is pretty kick ass of you old timer we all appreciate what you did for them. Will be neat to see what they can do with the right tools!

Your right Toasted this place is awesome, I rubbernecked on many other growing forms before getting my feet wet again after a 35 year hiatus, so many of the other forms treated noobs like the dirt their plants are growing in, while some criticism may have been justified on the noobs part for not doing basic research, a lot of it was uncalled for.

:420:was my choice to re-learn this art indoors with mediums, tools, method's not available or even invented 35 years ago, I went in almost as blind as Grandpa and Kelley's, while his handicap and their situation is different than mine, our goals are the same...SUCCESS!

My expertise was growing a bunch of 6-8 ft trees outdoors back then that made good smoke and $$$ with the help of mother nature and experimental engineering, my only go to for info was the latest issue of High Times!

I am honored to be a part of this great community of like minded people and wish all of you the best of luck!:surf:

OTM

I have an announcement...drumroll... I have another benefactor that I have not mentioned here yet. BunkBuds as offered and will be sending us a bag of FFOF soil! This is another member who is fairly new to the site since March. I find it more than awesome that he could take time, finances and his daily routine to do this for someone he just doesn't know. I am flabbergasted between Ki and OT and their generosity. I cannot count on both hands how many people have offered, sent and given the most valuable advice that anyone could ever need or want. Thanks so much, BB! Unlike me, you hit it out of the park! God bless!

That is awesome Grandpa, and awesome of you Bunkbudz, OlderGrower, and everyone else that has contributed!

It looks like you are getting set up for your start of a second grow in a month or less! Now is the time to plan and budget for what you will need for better success...I see nothing but a great future grow ahead!:cheer:

I am preparing and planning the next grow. For reasons I cannot go into right now, it might be a little longer than a month, but it will happen. It may be getting old seeing me saying thank you, but I cannot thank all of you enough! I will try to pay back by helping others as I can with limited knowledge now, and in the future as my knowledge and experience increases.
One thing I would love to do as a small token of appreciation for any of you, is design a custom ringtone or any other tones you would like for your phone. If you would like a custom ringtone, notification tone Etc contact me via PM and let me know what kind you would like. I can put together the MP3 file and send you a link to it's location to download it. If need be, I can also guide you as to how to apply the file to which ever function you wish it to be used for.

Now to business. Yesterday the girls receive a nice watering and feeding using half strength rotec, and full strength seaweed liquid and molasses. I will post the pictures below. I am assuming that the little bit of drooping is because they needed the water and feeding, as they were taken before we fed them.

Rhino
06-13-17_RR_Top.jpg
06-13-17_RR_Side.jpg

Express
06-13-17_PX_Top.jpg

06-13-17_PX_Side.jpg

Trickle
06-13-17_BT_Top.jpg

06-13-17_BT_Side.jpg

Since Kelly doesn't have the trained eye to look at the details that are needed, can you guys tell me what you think question mark whereabouts do you think they are?

Since Kelly doesn't have the trained eye to look at the details that are needed, can you guys tell me what you think question mark whereabouts do you think they are?

What is the advertised cycle for your autos?, while I am not experienced in autos, from what I have read it should be within a week-week and a half from the average cycle (60-80 days)

WTF?!? This happened to the rhino literally overnight! I have no clue what happened, and I'm not very confident about what to do. I need help here dot dot dot apparently an awful lot. Can you help a brother out, guys?

Rhino
06-17-17_RR_Top.jpg

06-17-17_RR_Side.jpg

Express
06-17-17_PX_Top.jpg

06-17-17_PX_Side.jpg

Trickle
06-17-17_BT_Top.jpg

06-17-17_BT_Side.jpg

They were watered and fed with a 1/2 solution of ProTech, seaweed liquid and molasses. Kelley check the soil, and it is nice and moist she says.

Back
Top Bottom