Grandpa's White Widow - 1st grow EVER

The pests to worry about outside are spider mites. Just check them good.;)

Yeah, I was just funning with you about moving to another state. If your GR got infested they'd probably just follow you anyway unless you killed them and their babies lol.

There are a few good bugs to have in a GR. Praying Mantis and ladybug beetle to name two. But mainly just pick any off, hose them off if they're spidermites or a lot of anything, and check the soil (or cover the tops of your pots so nothng can lay eggs or burrow into it while the plants are outside).

Redding is a nice area last time I was there it was 114F .:grinjoint:

Pan4

Wow! I wilt along with my plants at 90F. Of course around here the humidity reading often tops the temperature.

I know I said 7 days till the next pix...but I may have a problem or two. As you can see, they are in the FF finally and getting enough light and water. But at 19 days, I think they are really small.

tmpphpqbUOzt.jpg

While watering, some of the soil sank and left the lower part of this base stem exposed. You can actually see the white of it. Could this be a problem ?

tmpphpXPTKSz.jpg

Here is a closer look at the same thing.

tmpphpkHtaji.jpg

New true leaves are forming, and the base stems seem strong. But as I said, at 19 days, they seem small.

tmpphptoQjlX.jpg

I hung a fan in the cab just to create a breeze effect for the ladies.

tmpphpfL6Eo0.jpg

The ones outside are getting everything mother nature can provide, and the base stem growth seems to be much faster than the ones in the cab. These are only outside until I can get 8 light tubes for my other cab.

tmpphp245ihF.jpg

Here they are just hours before going outside.

tmpphpAMXZss.jpg

Now the leaning plant with the white exposed base is one problem. My other is that this week, I can only afford to get either the FF Grow Big...or the 8 light tubes. Which is more important at this point ? I can't leave the plants out there for too much longer (nosey neighbors...pests, etc), and the plants clearly need the Grow Big with thier water. So which do I do this week ?

Thanxxx everyone...:yummy:

I'd leave one out if it's nice enough my clones are showing roots now some are just little but by may they'll be ready

To be honest, I have never checked the ph level. I water them with only Deer Park Natural Spring Water. According to thier website the ph (units) MRL - n/a, MCL - n/r, and Level Found - 5.07-7.48. And the temp averages around 78 - 80 degrees. The humidity however has been between 29% to 53%.

Grandpa you should be good for about a week before feeding them. You plants are still recovering from being transplanted out of the MG soil into the FFOF soil. It will take a while for them to recover from the nute burn. The only water I use is distilled or R/O.:cheer:

Pan4

No problem about the questions...ask whatever you want. I could use the help and I appreciate the help. I was using the MG potting soil, but I recently transplanted the indoor plants to Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil. The ones outdoors are still in the MG, yet they seem to be doing well.

Grandpa you should be good for about a week before feeding them. You plants are still recovering from being transplanted out of the MG soil into the FFOF soil. It will take a while for them to recover from the nute burn. The only water I use is distilled or R/O.:cheer:

Pan4

So by this I can assume that the lights are more important at this time. What exactly is "R/O" water ? What about household tap water if I boiled the hell out of it to purify it first ? :thanks:

R/o is Reverse osmosis, a purifying process. If the water is good to drink its more than good enough for the plants. and plus i read on here somewhere that the little bit of chlorine in the tap actually kills bacteria and is good for young plants.

So by this I can assume that the lights are more important at this time. What exactly is "R/O" water ? What about household tap water if I boiled the hell out of it to purify it first ? :thanks:

They are both important but your plants need water first and you soil has earthworm casting so it has just a little food in it. Most tap water works good in FF nutes the Ph of the water 6.6-7.1 with a ppm no more than 80. I have used FF nutes in hard water and got some leaf curl and grew ok plants. If your using tap water let it set 24hrs.;)

Pan4

If it's chlorinated then it's already deader than a politician's soul so no boiling required. But I'd let it set for at least a few hours. The "little bit" of chlorine might be a whole bunch. I can't even drink mine, it smells stronger than a swimming pool.

Of course it's PPM is also over 300. I hope yours is in better shape.

Your outdoor plants probably look a little bit better than your indoor ones because you don't have the sun trapped in your grow box lol. Nothing to worry about.

If you don't know the pH of your water, your mix, etc. than I would seriously consider getting a digital pH meter. I've got a thread going in the product reviews forum and someone found a decent meter for around $20 and posted about it. It's not the world's most accurate but more than adequate for most folks and a lot more accurate and easy to use than the "test strips." Well worth the investment, even if you have to put off the extra bulbs for another week or two. If nothing else, with plants that small just set them all outside (buy or beg a couple six-packs of tomato (etc.) plants and stick the MJ in the middle and if anyone asks tell them that you're planting a garden just as soon as your back quits hurting lol) or in a sunny southern window for the time being.

Thanxxx again yall ! I will check on getting a ph meter very soon. Already got the lights and I'll be working on the 2nd cab tonight getting it ready. The tomato idea is a good one...but how the hell did you know about my back ?

Hey...if I just put the water in old (CLEAN) milk jugs and let it sit, would that suffice ? Thanxxx again everyone !

Thanxxx again yall ! I will check on getting a ph meter very soon. Already got the lights and I'll be working on the 2nd cab tonight getting it ready. The tomato idea is a good one...but how the hell did you know about my back ?

You're a grandpa. I'm not and MY back hurts.

Hey...if I just put the water in old (CLEAN) milk jugs and let it sit, would that suffice ? Thanxxx again everyone ![/quote]

Yes. Just leave them uncapped so the chlorine can evaporate. I can't remember if any fluorine/flouride that tap water might contain will evaporate or not.

Yea...I'm a grandpa, that's true. I have a daughter who is 23...I also have a wife who is 23. I have 2 grandkids ages 2 and 7 months...and I have 2 more kids of my own, ages 2 and 8 months. My back hurts because I have a wife who is the same age as my oldest daughter.

I will do the water as you suggest. The final 4 transplant begins tonight from the MG to FF. It's getting hotter than hell these days, so I might just leave the last 4 outside in thier new FF homes until I can get a new fan or 2 for the 2nd cab.

Thanxxx yall !

Back
Top Bottom