Grape Ape & Golden Tiger Hit the Shower - DBHBB & 600W HPS - Winter 2016

What is the hot setup for temperature?

:rofl: i was afraid you might ask that. i can't remember lol. haven't been using mine for a while and way too stoned right now. i want to say 68-72f. mine's a bit different than a sprayer style because i am using pond foggers which generate some heat, but not evenly. next time i use it i am going to fix the fogger floats in place.. probably with hardware cloth lol. the trouble is they float around and only the clones within a certain range will stay upright. i'm assuming they like the warm.. but it's impossible to get an accurate temp reading when things are moving.

Merry Christmas, Gang!

:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

Xmas_Tree_420_Style.jpg

I can't take credit for growing that beauty. I just like the photo for Christmas.

Anyone a member? I love their marketing.

MJBA.jpg

WA-prosperitysm.jpg

Mornin' duggan!
Mini-update later today.
Enjoy your Sunday. :slide:

Great, will check in later to see how your lil space is doin pal. My little man starts a hockey tourney today , so i'm gonna be busy with that ....he has two games today....first one at 2, the next at 7, then tomorrow at 11:15. I'l have lots of time in a couple days to post an update and chill with all my brothas here on the Mag. Have an awesome day my friend!:high-five:
Oh ya , bin meaning to ask ya....are ya concerned at all of the Golden Tiger taking way longer than the Grape in bloom? Isn't the GT a long blooming Sativa?

I finally made it Major. :yahoo:

Excellent strain choices, by the way and that sweet veg area you have going is perfect for your space considerations. I can't wait to do something similar in my tiny closet with CFLs when I get up and running again.

DIY AeroCloner Experiment

My DIY bubble cloner worked great a couple of times but hasn't worked at all the last two times. Since I like DIY projects, I decided I would try another version. These are the parts I had laying around for inspiration :idea:

An old bucket that had chlorine tablets in it
An small fountain water pump
A sprinkler pop-up

Parts2.jpg

I purchased the 2" net-pots from Slamazon. They came in a pack of 25 with neoprene cloning collars for $11. They actually sent me 27 of each - plenty of spares. We use these sprinkler pop-ups on our lawn, but you can buy them at the big boxes for less than $1.50.

All I had to do was grab a 2" hole saw, layout my holes, and drill away. The pots fits perfectly - yeah! I cut a notch in the top of the bucket to let the power cord through and assembled the pieces.

Assembled3.jpg

The only thing missing was a humidity dome. Luckily, my wife broke an old salad spinner about a month ago. The plastic bowl from it turned out to be another perfect fit! :yahoo:

Dome8.jpg

Dunno yet how well it will work. The sprinkler sprays water well enough. I took it apart and stopped the pop-up from popping up. When it did, it was too close to the bucket lid for good dispersal. A taller (5 gal) bucket would probably work fine w/o messing around with this. Total cost to me: $10.99. If you need a pump and sprinkler in addition to the net pots, you'd have something like $30 total in it.

Here's hoping! :geek:

Love this. Thanks Major!

I finally made it Major. :yahoo:

Excellent strain choices, by the way and that sweet veg area you have going is perfect for your space considerations. I can't wait to do something similar in my tiny closet with CFLs when I get up and running again.
Thanks Sue! Glad you found us. I'm honored you decided to follow. I know how difficult it can be to add yet another subscription to an ever-growing list. :Namaste:

Oh ya , bin meaning to ask ya....are ya concerned at all of the Golden Tiger taking way longer than the Grape in bloom? Isn't the GT a long blooming Sativa?
I probably should be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I knew going in the two strains are nearly at opposite ends of the spectrum, but I like the variety. I think I will squeak by time-wise. Once the GASS are chopped, it will open up the Tigers to more room and light for their big finish.

I've been thinking about my next grow. I abandoned trying to get a third grow finished before the summer girls arrive. I need to pick strains I want and see if I am working from seeds or clones. The timeline will be something like this:
Transplant to outdoors around June 1st.
I'd like a fair amount of veg time in 7 gallon pots so I will try to start seeds in February sometime or clones around the beginning of March.
The GT+ should finish by mid-April.
That means I'll keep the new seedling/clones under the T5's for maybe 6-8 weeks.
That works...barely! :high-five:

It's a little weird to plan for a grow that may not end until next October - November. I want four plants. At least one strain will be an "Early Girl" to hedge my bets against bad weather. I'll do one late bloomer - something Hazy. The others are TBD.

Weekend Update (week #5)

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Not much new going on. I finished getting the shower ready for this round. I have the soil ready - in 7 gal pots, but will move the toddlers out to flip them with their 1 gal pots in the next one-two weeks. Rather than lower my light way down, I'm going to put them on top of the bigger pots.

Shower1.jpg

I feel stupid running a small heater out there when the light is on. I'd much rather add heat with more lights, but figuring out where/how to place them is the challenge. My current hood takes up most of the available area. I'm going to try to work in two Mars 300's. Hopefully I can make them fit and they keep the temperature where I want in addition to providing more PAR.

Shower2.jpg

All the new kids received their first Growth Energy drench yesterday - 12 days after their up-potting. With my feeding plan, that means I put 5.5 ml of GE + 0.5 ml of Tea + 1.5 ml of Transplant in 9 quarts of water and drenched them all with that mix. Hopefully it is enough for GASS and not too much for GT+.

Here they all are "on the rack" crammed into my little corner of green.

Together11.jpg

Together21.jpg

These are GASS. The topping seems to have gone well. I sort of FIMd a couple, but it's all good. The bottom leaves yellowed when they were stunted in the unamended soil. Since they were transplanted, they've been loving life.

GASS1.jpg

GASS41.jpg

These are the GT+. For some reason they didn't bounce back After their drench like the GASS did. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come. They look good but no longer pray to the sun god like they did before they got thirsty.

GT22.jpg

GT42.jpg

That does it for this week - not real exciting. I can't wait to flip and sex them so we can get down to business. For those of you who have grown either of these, if you have recommendations on feeding, training, flipping, etc. I'm all ears.

:thanks: gang! :circle-of-love:

Oh - and the new cloner has been happily gurgling away. I haven't looked to see if any roots have started yet (probably not).
The cuttings seem happy so far. They look worse than they are because many of the branches on the mother plants had grown up into the lights and were a little crispy.

Cloner25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom