Graphing marijuana

capebreton

Graphing-is a horticultural technique whereby tissues from one plant are inserted into those of another so that the two sets of vascular tissues may join together.

Is it possible to graft marijuana onto any other living plant?

Or is it just as successful to clone the plant itself?

Not only is it possible, but it's also extremely practical to graph multiple strains onto a mother plant if you're limited in space.

Absolutely. People have grafted marijuana onto hops... and hops onto marijuana. It is not the easiest thing to do - and has no real value from what I can see.

I have also done some grafting - I have taken different varieties of MJ and grafted them onto a single plant - this allows three or four different varieties on one mother plant. Very useful if the law restricts the number of plants you can grow.

There are lots of videos on youtube on techniques for grafting marijuana.

Yahoo,this grafting talk gets my mind racing with possibilities.:headbanger:Well off to somwere i can learn the finer aspects of joining to outstanding strains in marriage.:peace:

Yahoo,this grafting talk gets my mind racing with possibilities.:headbanger:Well off to somwere i can learn the finer aspects of joining to outstanding strains in marriage.:peace:

Yes - it is very cool stuff. There are at least two different techniques that I know about that are fairly easy.

I wanted to preserve genetics for future grows - while limiting the number of plants. So about a week ago I grafted two White Widow and two Super Silver Haze clones onto a main stem from an LOJ plant (big roots and large plant structure) - if it takes, I should be able to get eight or so clones from any one of the three varieties from this single mother. I won't know if the grafts have taken for another week or so - but everything looks great so far. It took about a month to get clones large enough to do this - I put five plants into a single 6" container.

Give it a try with some clones - the worst you will do is kill a couple.

Back
Top Bottom