Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

I think the main reasoning for the 1oz/lunch bag guideline is to reduce the risk if mold. If you haven't gotten mold on your buds using your method, then what you're doing is probably fine. 14 days in the fridge is about how long it takes for my buds as well.
Thanks Beez!
What size bags do you use? and how much in each?

I dried some larf on a plate in the fridge this spring but I only got a few days of drying before having to jar it.
I guess that's the reason for the bags? To slow it down a bit?
It worked well though I'll probably give it another try this winter.
Hi Regrowth!

I'm still trying to fine-tune my process. The bags seem to work really well for some folks. I think I can dial it in with my setup. Just need to find that sweet spot. I use a mini fridge that is not frost free, so I added a small fan inside. On my first attempt I set a digital controller to keep inside around 42˚F. Second attempt set to 45˚F. Still not where i would like so thinking about options.

Bigger / smaller bags? Warmer temp? More buds per bag? Shit I don't now. Maybe I'll just buy a larger used frost-free fridge for outside.

The closer to the 37° standard for a regular fridge the better. You're relying on the cold to keep the mold away while the RH lowers over time.
Good point.
I was thinking about commercial growers who go by the 60/60 rule. But they have huge fans on buds hanging.
A fan in a small fridge doesn't duplicate the frost free aspect of a regular fridge, so opening the door a few times a day would be better.
Correct. I do tend to peak and open the fridge often.
I've got hygrometers in the fridge to keep tabs on RH. Last time it hovered around 70% first few days then dropped below 50. I think that part is OK.

Shit.

I'm second guessing everything now. Not sure this is even my house.
LOL!

Hot as hell again today (106˚) but I had to spray Safer so I did.
All of the girls:

Lori

Tara

Cindy

Sunny

Dawn

Julie

Janice

A few weeks ago they looked like they all were going to chunk up, but alas the heat had other ideas. Dawn and Sunny have some thick buds, but the others are still scrawny. Probably from the heat. Oh well.

I hope those of you in the US had a fantastic Labor Day! Those elsewhere - happy Monday evening!
I grilled burgers and they were damn tasty!

I think they're looking great, especially considering that heat- yipes! (it was a paltry 98f here today)...
I did the low n slow thing one time- 3 large grocery bags, with an ounce in each one- it actually worked well, considering how wrong I did it!
It took a little over 2 weeks, it was the best tasting weed I've grown...
I'd still be doing it, but my son needed a fridge...and I've been told that the "real" fridge is off limits.. :hmmmm:

Hot as hell again today (106˚) but I had to spray Safer so I did.
All of the girls:

Lori

Tara

Cindy

Sunny

Dawn

Julie

Janice

A few weeks ago they looked like they all were going to chunk up, but alas the heat had other ideas. Dawn and Sunny have some thick buds, but the others are still scrawny. Probably from the heat. Oh well.

I hope those of you in the US had a fantastic Labor Day! Those elsewhere - happy Monday evening!
I grilled burgers and they were damn tasty!
Those are some hardy ladies, wow 106 f yeiks.
They are troopers fighting the heat and bugs and still look so good. :yahoo:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Stay cool if you can.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I think they're looking great, especially considering that heat- yipes! (it was a paltry 98f here today)...
I did the low n slow thing one time- 3 large grocery bags, with an ounce in each one- it actually worked well, considering how wrong I did it!
It took a little over 2 weeks, it was the best tasting weed I've grown...
I'd still be doing it, but my son needed a fridge...and I've been told that the "real" fridge is off limits.. :hmmmm:
Hi Carcass!
Was that an ounce before dry?

Those are some hardy ladies, wow 106 f yeiks.
They are troopers fighting the heat and bugs and still look so good. :yahoo:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Stay cool if you can.

Stay safe
Hi Bill!

I have to admit - I pulled off a bunch of crispy dead leaves prior to taking pics.
3 more days over 100, then we drop into the 80’s. Can’t wait! I’m done with the heat! It may rain on Friday!

Hi Carcass!
Was that an ounce before dry?
Each bag was a little over 3 oz wet going in.
I did it waaay wrong, probably lucky I didn't get any rot- but it actually worked ok.
If I ever have the chance to do it again, I'll do it the right way.

Trimmed a bunch of dead / dying leaves from the two stunted Jack Herer girls - Julie and Janice. Man these two are still big chunks of larf.
I sprayed both plants with citric acid solution.

I’m aggressively snatching leaves off and prying inside colas to remove dead damp leaves and I tug on a big brown leaf and it’s kinda squishy. WTH? This fat bastard is staring at me like ‘do you mind’?
Not seeing any dead colas. Dude has clearly been here a while.

I also saw I small praying mantis. Regular zoo around here.
Hope your day was a good day.

Trimmed a bunch of dead / dying leaves from the two stunted Jack Herer girls - Julie and Janice. Man these two are still big chunks of larf.
I sprayed both plants with citric acid solution.

I’m aggressively snatching leaves off and prying inside colas to remove dead damp leaves and I tug on a big brown leaf and it’s kinda squishy. WTH? This fat bastard is staring at me like ‘do you mind’?
Not seeing any dead colas. Dude has clearly been here a while.

I also saw I small praying mantis. Regular zoo around here.
Hope your day was a good day.
That thing scares me. Yeiks 🙄
Thankfully the girls look great.
Have a good evening my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

I was going to give the ladies a Safer bath today - which means pics, but it got really windy here and looks like rain is coming so I'll wait until tomorrow. I moved the ladies under the patio so they won't get wet or blown over by the wind.

High today was 99.˚F. Currently it is 91˚F with 29% RH and slight drizzle. Gonna be cooler for the next week - highs in the 80's.

Hurricane Kay has cooled things down.

But raised the RH. :(

And our power went out with the wind. No internet, no fans, no nuttin'!
Yep - which is why I did not give them a shower. I'm thinking they have about 2 more weeks before first one is ready.

Bummer on the power! Hope it comes back on soon. You getting rain yet?

Back
Top Bottom