Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

It kinda freaked me out seeing the black fuzzy stuff.
Bud rot. Not pm.
Sorry. I meant I found bud rot inside the buds.
I think it’s bud rot. PM is white fuzzy on the leaves right?
This is black fuzzy buried inside the biggest colas.
PM is a white film on the leaves that wipes off with your finger. Bud rot (botrytis) is grey mold that eats away at the inside of the buds and browns them from the inside out.

Not sure what black mold would look like in a flower. Here is what budrot looks like on my past plants:

full

full

When the rot gets bad enough it can get pretty dark. Almost looks like ashes. Sorry, @GratefulBud. :hug:
Shed's right though, don't let it get you down. If you remove the effected area it shouldn't spread.
He helped me identify some rot I was unsure about just last week. First time getting it inside.

Here's what I meant about the ashy thing. Platinum OG grown outdoors last summer.
20210910_154149-jpg.2412050

When the rot gets bad enough it can get pretty dark. Almost looks like ashes. Sorry, @GratefulBud. :hug:
Shed's right though, don't let it get you down. If you remove the effected area it shouldn't spread.
He helped me identify some rot I was unsure about just last week. First time getting it inside.

Here's what I meant about the ashy thing. Platinum OG grown outdoors last summer.
20210910_154149-jpg.2412050
Thanks Regrowth!

I should have taken a few pics but didn't. What I saw looked very dark and almost black and parts were fuzzy. Mostly near the stalk and on bud material close to the stalk. Nothing visible on the surface. The bud looked really good until I dug in. Hoping it is minimal. I really pried open a few buds to let more air flow to the center.

That beautiful top cola on Sunny - which looks to me about an ounce of excellent bud - had some in the middle. The very top looked OK but that was so compacted I couldn't really open that up. The lower part of that cola looked ok as well - I had opened that up a few weeks ago. The middle had some ugly parts that I scooped / picked out as best I could. Not quite ready to rip off large chunks but I may have to in order to save much more.

Thanks Regrowth!

I should have taken a few pics but didn't. What I saw looked very dark and almost black and parts were fuzzy. Mostly near the stalk and on bud material close to the stalk. Nothing visible on the surface. The bud looked really good until I dug in. Hoping it is minimal. I really pried open a few buds to let more air flow to the center.

That beautiful top cola on Sunny - which looks to me about an ounce of excellent bud - had some in the middle. The very top looked OK but that was so compacted I couldn't really open that up. The lower part of that cola looked ok as well - I had opened that up a few weeks ago. The middle had some ugly parts that I scooped / picked out as best I could. Not quite ready to rip off large chunks but I may have to in order to save much more.
Holy what happened you go away for a couple days an everything got attacked? :oops:
Is there anything you haven't had to battle yet? You poor Duck.
Hope the canna gods take pity on you and nothing else appears to attack your ladies.
Dam I guess the mesh didn't work.
Take a breath and relax, you can make it.:thumb: Not long now.
Take care my friend :ciao: GB.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Note to self: more smaller colas = better.
Hurts my ears to listen...
Burns my eyes to see...
I wiped my trimmers with rubbing alcohol, then snipped off the top of the buds.
Cut down a bud in cold blood. Might as well be me. ;)
Chin up my good man! This is outside growing. :)
Shed is right. You should expect to loose some buds to the outdoor hazards every season, but the plant ends up yielding enough to make up for it.

Holy what happened you go away for a couple days an everything got attacked? :oops:
Is there anything you haven't had to battle yet? You poor Duck.
Hope the canna gods take pity on you and nothing else appears to attack your ladies.
Dam I guess the mesh didn't work.
Take a breath and relax, you can make it.:thumb: Not long now.
Take care my friend :ciao: GB.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hi Bill!
I think some of this was a result of the rain and high humidity a week or so ago. Very minimal botrytis.
Thrips are minimal. I sprayed Safer again today. The mites were an issue in veg. Not seeing any lately but they may be fighting with the thrips.

I still think the netting helped keep the moths away. Not sure how one snuck in but so far only two buds got hit.

Have a great day!

Hurts my ears to listen...

Burns my eyes to see...

Cut down a bud in cold blood. Might as well be me. ;)

Shed is right. You should expect to loose some buds to the outdoor hazards every season, but the plant ends up yielding enough to make up for it.
Hiya Beez!
Yeah I cried a little bit. Then I got over it.
And yes Shed is right (as usual) - I have plenty of fine looking buds remaining.

If this is the only damage I’m cool with it.

*crosses fingers*

The damage doesn't look too bad, and good catch! I've been spraying mine with BT every 3 days and just soaked them with citric acid this morning. BT again tomorrow.

Here's to getting them clear to harvest! :high-five:

What is BT? And, is it similar to the Jadam solution that Azi and Stone are using?

Here's a picture of the stuff I have:

In the words of Shed:
BT is a natural bacteria that is deadly to caterpillars who ingest it. Safers Insect Killing Soap Spray is potassium salts of fatty acids, which kills soft-bodied bugs on contact (aphids, mites, thrips, whiteflies) and doesn't work when it's dry.

Outdoor plants will often get visited by butterflies / moths, and they like to dance around on the buds because the trichomes make their toes sticky. It's an odd sensation that puts them in the mood to mate with other butterflies.

OK I totally made that up. :rofl:

What Beez said is accurate.

Outdoor plants will often get visited by butterflies / moths, and they like to dance around on the buds because the trichomes make their toes sticky. It's an odd sensation that puts them in the mood to mate with other butterflies.

OK I totally made that up. :rofl:

What Beez said is accurate.
Cool Story, Bro!
:p

Here's a picture of the stuff I have:

In the words of Shed:
great info!

If using BT, good practice includes spraying fence line and areas around plant... along the edges of nearby trees that are causing the infestation.

Another way to help deal with some of the bigger mites, thrips, and the caterpillars is to attract in wasps, using a molasses or fish trap... like a bowl with the fish scent in it but a screen atop so the wasps can't access or get trapped. Then they can hang out in the area and eat on the plant predators.

If using BT, good practice includes spraying fence line and areas around plant
Not sure that will do much good. It only kills caterpillars, not the moths that lay the eggs, and the moths fly to the cannabis plant and the eggs hatch already on the leaves/buds.
How often do you spray and what do you spray? The buds?
I personally spray once per week. It seems to work for me. The instructions suggest every 5 days, if I remember correctly. I spray the whole plant, but especially the buds. Seems the sugar leaves are where the eggs typically end up.

Back
Top Bottom