Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Can't use neem or alcohol, so what are you going to do?

If they're not in the flowers I guess the rest goes in the bin when you cut them off the stems.
Well, I cut around them so the scale hard shell is not on any buds in the fridge. Apparently what I saw was eggs that were inside the hard shell - protected from the wash. I left most intact. Hoping no eggs in the fridge.

I'll let you know in a few weeks what they taste like when smoked. :rofl:

I had something similar on a plant I brought inside last summer and didn't spot them until harvest time as well.
I only spotted some on the lower stems and I thought they were dead because they seemed so stuck to the plant.
Thanks for the diagnosis. I wasn't sure what they were. Buds seemed untouched.

Look at her big smiling for you!

I’m so happy for you Scoobs :)

19615CDF-B586-4A1B-A22B-6FEC5D0D8563.jpeg

I had something similar on a plant I brought inside last summer and didn't spot them until harvest time as well.
I only spotted some on the lower stems and I thought they were dead because they seemed so stuck to the plant.
Thanks for the diagnosis. I wasn't sure what they were. Buds seemed untouched.

Omg I got so excited coz I knew the answer lol

Yeah it’s scale. No biggie. Just like a plant tick really.
Oh man you guys made my evening - thanks!
I was bummed thinking about having to toss out the harvest.

Love it!
Thanks Tra!
Hey GB so sorry about all the issues.
Looks like you got is figured out. :thumb:
So congrats on the harvest.
Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Congrats on the harvest, GB! Sorry about the bugs but it sounds like it won't be an issue.

Remind me of Dawn's strain?

Hey GB so sorry about all the issues.
Looks like you got is figured out. :thumb:
So congrats on the harvest.
Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!

Congrats on the harvest, GB! Sorry about the bugs but it sounds like it won't be an issue.

Remind me of Dawn's strain?
Thanks HG!
Dawn is a SFV -
The SFV OG and Afghan #1 strains were crossed to create San Fernando Valley Fem. This award-winning hybrid is a force to be reckoned with in every way. Your nose and palate will be overwhelmed by the fruity and skunky aroma.
The THC content of 22% will give you an immediate cerebral high and a long-lasting body stone. It can be used to treat a wide range of medical and psychological conditions, including anxiety, stress, and depression, as well as chronic pain and inflammation.

These feminized seeds will allow you to grow this powerful strain at home, allowing you to grab a bud whenever you want.

The bud has a traditional OG flavor, with a citrus combination of lemon and lime coming through with each puff. The mixture has an unmistakable sweet and sour flavor that stimulates the taste buds. It leaves a pine scent when breathed. Sweet citrus fruits with notes of mossy earthy and dank skunk pervade this strain’s fragrance.

When the nugs are torn apart and burned, they release a fresh lemony disinfecting scent. With a flowering period of 8 to 10 weeks, it produces 350 gr. m² Indoor and 400-500 gr. plant outdoor.

In flower since July 4th. 88 days. Wow.

I chopped Sunny today as well. Sunny is a Gorilla SFV OG , in flower since July 4th as well.

Gorilla SFV OG loves to bask in the sun and will have no problem growing outdoors. Gorilla SFV OG is naturally mold and mildew-resistant, making it an attractive choice for those in humid climates.

The visionary breeders at Expert Seeds cooked up Gorilla SFV OG by combining two acclaimed strains—San Fernando Valley OG and Gorilla Glue #4. Gorilla SFV OG is an incredibly potent strain that can have up to 24% THC and 2% CBD—delivering relief to the mind and body.

The best part is Gorilla SFV OG is an absolute joy to grow. Gorilla SFV OG doesn’t like to grow particularly tall, making it excellent for indoor growers.

I washed same as yesterday then hung for a few hours to dry, then placed into paper bags inside the other fridge.
I'm running out of room. Sunny had denser colas for sure, and she was ready. I think Dawn could have gone another week but Sunny had way more amber (it takes 3 hands to get good trichome pics with my phone and the scope thingy) and she was definitely more ripe.

After trimming pretty tight before putting into paper bags she weighed in at 440 grams (4 bags with 110 grams each) of large chunky nuggets, and an additional 80 grams of smaller larfy buds (I'll dry that in a separate bag in the fridge), plus about 90 grams of iffy stuff I'm gonna let hang dry - I found a few buds with some rot inside. I tossed most but decided to try and salvage some - it is hanging to dry separately from the others.

I only found a few of those sap sucking creatures. I left them alone and cut the branches out and tossed them. A few were inside colas and there was rot right next to it - wherever they were. So they definitely contributed to the rot.

So the plan is to leave them in paper bags in the fridge for at least 15 days. Open 2x per day tomorrow and next day, then 1x per day for a day or two, then every 3-4 days open and lightly shake. Then into turkey bags for the cure.

Back
Top Bottom