Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Dawn has been drying in the fridge for ten days. Not quite dry yet but getting close. This is what the buds look like after ten days in a paper bag in the fridge:

Here is a nugget I chopped off a week before I harvested her. I hung it for a day, then trimmed, then put in the fridge for about 8 days.

Same nugget after drying out.

It’s been in jar for a few days getting burped. Not Angel farts yet but close.

I appreciate the offer my friend!

We'll see what next April / May looks like. I still have some of these SFV / Gorilla SFV seeds. If they turn out as well as I hope they do - looking good so far - I'll grow 2 or 3 of these plants again.

Unless I get a tent . . . .
Get a tent!
Get a tent!
Join us!
Join us!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

That really sucks about your Jack Herers. I hate bud rot. It's good that they weren't the only plants you were growing, though.

I don't like growing outside because of the unpredictability of the weather and other environmental effects. I agree with Trala that you should grow inside. It's way easier to manage, in my opinion.

That really sucks about your Jack Herers. I hate bud rot. It's good that they weren't the only plants you were growing, though.

I don't like growing outside because of the unpredictability of the weather and other environmental effects. I agree with Trala that you should grow inside. It's way easier to manage, in my opinion.
I’m considering it. We’ll see how the dry and cure goes. So far so good.

Update on the dry.
4 paper bags (4 oz) has been moved to jars or turkey bag for burping.
8 bags are still in the fridge.

Dawn was harvested on 10/1 and I was getting 68% after a few hours ambient in a gallon jar (2 oz) so I moved to a turkey bag - I'll burp longer than normal to help lower RH.

Two paper bags of Sunny (harvested 10/2) were also dry so that went in a gallon jar. Seeing 59% RH after a few hours ambient so I added 2 small buds from a wetter bag of same strain. That should raise RH up a few points so I can properly burp.
Why did she dry so fast you ask? Well, a week ago one bag was touching the evaporator and apparently several buds got frozen. I moved the bag and thought all was good but a day or so later a few buds were still wet so I left bag open for an hour or two. Now those buds are dry but look funky - like freezer burn and darker green. Only a few buds. Always something. Oops.

I'll check my remaining fridge bags tomorrow. Looks like they are drying in about 12-13 days. I may double bag the others to extend that.

The remainder is with friends and they are checking and moving into jars when appropriate.

Have a great Friday night!

I like a mix of both.

I couldn’t grow solely indoors.
I'm fascinated that you and Shed have indoor plants that you move outdoors. I would think the lighting changes would confuse the plants. Or maybe thats why it works so well for you - extra stress is supposed to improve THC content.

I'm fascinated that you and Shed have indoor plants that you move outdoors. I would think the lighting changes would confuse the plants. Or maybe thats why it works so well for you - extra stress is supposed to improve THC content.
I’m not sure.

While I want to provide good bud to my boy, yield and quality is secondary to me. I grow to produce healthy beautiful looking plants. That’s what drives me. I feel like me, for my girls to be happy she must have sunshine on her face and wind in her hair, at least sometimes.

I think my choices are why my yields are way smaller than yours and why my buds are never amazing to look at lol.

I think my choices are why my yields are way smaller than yours and why my buds are never amazing to look at lol.
I'm rethinking my strategy. 7 plants was just too much to deal with. My original plan was 3-4 plants. I'll shoot for that next time and focus on quality.

Once you bring a plant outside all bug bets are off!
Bugs bug me.
I've enjoyed somewhat bug free growing indoors with a strict rule to keep the outside out. I like it that way and if you can, I'd suggest that. With that, I like outdoor grows too so go figure. They are very different though when looking at bug and mold mitigation. It's a choice.
I'm still on the fence with the netting I've been using. It seems to work well to keep the big bugs (moths) away, unfortunately some of those big bugs eat the little bugs which slip thru the netting.

Back
Top Bottom