Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Nah- you're still gonna end up with a lot of weed!

You could top one now, and see what happens... :hmmmm:
Hiya Carcass!

Yeah I topped Lori then next day saw her twin (Dawn) had pistils.
No pics today but I have to say the 5 OG girls are looking really good! Knock wood. The two Jack Herer look really good as well.

Today is day 5 with no feeding and they still look great! Not droopy at all. I will let them go one more day and feed tomorrow (letting the roots spread out). All are getting bushier every day. My previous grows I did not top at all and ended up with around 4 oz per plant. I'm good with that. Real good. I've got friends and family looking at me now with big puppy dog eyes, and these plants should fill a few containers for them.

Perhaps next time I will incorporate more of your training techniques. I definitely see the value of proper pruning and training. @Trala 's Cleo is absolutely gorgeous! (as are your plants).

Have a great day!

Your harem is looking great! :thumb:

Are all of your plants beginning to flower, or just a couple? Certainly is a head scratcher. :hmmmm:

Your harem is looking great! :thumb:

Are all of your plants beginning to flower, or just a couple? Certainly is a head scratcher. :hmmmm:
Hiya Beez!

The two Jack Herer went into flower around May 17th. Several others are now showing pistils.
I don’t think it’s because I moved them into more shade due to the warm weather- although it might. I kinda think it’s due to the gloomy mornings. It was really hot for a week or two early May, then it got much cooler. Who the heck knows? Outdoor growing is a challenge as you know.

Today is day 6 with no water and I gotta say all the ladies are looking fantastic!
No sign of bugs or distress. Nice green color with LOTS of new growth every day. So far better than any of my previous grows. Knock wood.

I need to put up netting soon to keep the moths away.

Today is day 6 with no water and I gotta say all the ladies are looking fantastic!
No sign of bugs or distress. Nice green color with LOTS of new growth every day. So far better than any of my previous grows. Knock wood.

I need to put up netting soon to keep the moths away.
So maybe they were retaining a lot of water? They look great Grateful keep doing whatever your doing

So maybe they were retaining a lot of water? They look great Grateful keep doing whatever your doing
Thanks TC!

Last year I used 5 gallon fabric pots, and I probably watered too much. These are 7 gallon. I’m trying to be more water disciplined this time - waiting until they tell me they are thirsty. The additional soil holds more water so I don’t need to wet them as often. All bets are off once the temps get close to a hundred.

I soaked these pots 6 days ago and they clearly liked it. Gonna have to water with nutes tomorrow for sure. It’s been cool - low 80’s and around 40% rh, cloudy in the morning. Today will be close to 90, and will be mid 90’s for next ten days. I’ll probably need to water every 4-5 days. We’ll see.

First time I saw this happen was when @Archiweedies changed his tent schedule from 18/6 to 16/8 and only his Durban Poison went into flower. The other 3 or 4 varieties in there were fine. Seems like some are more sensitive to changes than others so it might be related to in what part of the globe they originated.

I might be having the same issue with my summer plants. A couple weeks ago I noticed some pistil stigmas and figured they were just showing their sex, but today they look like they might actually be developing buds. These were purchased clones, so who knows what condition they were in prior to me buying them. I kept them under 18/6 lights for the first week or so and then gradually adjusted the lights back to 14.5/9.5 before moving them outside full time. I probably didn't adjust the lights slowly enough. Also, the dispensary might have had them at 24 hr lights.

I might be having the same issue with my summer plants. A couple weeks ago I noticed some pistil stigmas and figured they were just showing their sex, but today they look like they might actually be developing buds. These were purchased clones, so who knows what condition they were in prior to me buying them. I kept them under 18/6 lights for the first week or so and then gradually adjusted the lights back to 14.5/9.5 before moving them outside full time. I probably didn't adjust the lights slowly enough. Also, the dispensary might have had them at 24 hr lights.
The 2 JH clones were given to me by my good friend Shed. I goofed and did not gradually acclimate to natural light.

The 5 OG girls are from seed. Definitely showing pistils on 3 of them.

That’s some lovely grass you have there my friend
Thanks TC!

I gave them all nutes this morning. A little while ago I sprayed all with Safer, then rinsed off 30 mins later. They are indeed looking happy and healthy. Hoping I can keep them that way for a few months.

Everything good with you?

Oh, I live in the San Fernando Valley, which is just north of Los Angeles California.
It gets freaky hot here in the summer. I read a post that said don't waste your time growing in this type of heat but I've grown 3 crops now. Perhaps not as good quality as others or indoor growers, but I am happy with it. I don't have much choice. Has to be outdoors. Legal to grow here so. . . .

Might think about some African/equatorial sativas. Both for growing, themselves, and as breeding partners. If you've got the time and space, you can try different "partners," pollinating each with the pollen from a few males of each variety (being careful not to cross contaminate the various branches)... then grow out each, keep clones, next time do the same thing to the most enjoyable of the last batch, while discarding the ones that didn't get the nod. Continue the process, and eventually, you've a reasonably good chance of ending up with something that pushes your buttons, while also growing into something huge (probably in the ground instead of a bucket) even though the weather feels like it came from a suburb of the seventh plane of Hades. The natural environment in some of those regions would cause someone to wonder how anything can live there... miserable heat, little water, poor soil. But life often happens. The very few that can survive long enough to produce offspring, do. Rinse/lather/repeat for a few hundred years - 400 years for yearly (breeding) plants is roughly comparable to 10,000 years for us. So, yeah, they've had time to adapt since the last significant climate change event caused much of Africa to stop being a pleasant forest environment. Hmm... if the sea level rises 100', will Africa start getting regular rain again?

Might think about some African/equatorial sativas. Both for growing, themselves, and as breeding partners. If you've got the time and space, you can try different "partners," pollinating each with the pollen from a few males of each variety (being careful not to cross contaminate the various branches)... then grow out each, keep clones, next time do the same thing to the most enjoyable of the last batch, while discarding the ones that didn't get the nod. Continue the process, and eventually, you've a reasonably good chance of ending up with something that pushes your buttons, while also growing into something huge (probably in the ground instead of a bucket) even though the weather feels like it came from a suburb of the seventh plane of Hades. The natural environment in some of those regions would cause someone to wonder how anything can live there... miserable heat, little water, poor soil. But life often happens. The very few that can survive long enough to produce offspring, do. Rinse/lather/repeat for a few hundred years - 400 years for yearly (breeding) plants is roughly comparable to 10,000 years for us. So, yeah, they've had time to adapt since the last significant climate change event caused much of Africa to stop being a pleasant forest environment. Hmm... if the sea level rises 100', will Africa start getting regular rain again?
Hiya TS!

I've thought about breeding a strain that can tolerate the outdoor climate here. I'll need to learn a lot more to make that happen. Fortunately there are a bunch of really cool, really smart members here that I can learn from.

Thanks TC!

I gave them all nutes this morning. A little while ago I sprayed all with Safer, then rinsed off 30 mins later. They are indeed looking happy and healthy. Hoping I can keep them that way for a few months.

Everything good with you?
Nice nice I’ve been doing safers at night when I get home not much time in the morning with my son. Funny that you ask right after I read your message I had some spatter go down my shirt and I burnt my nipple lmao I’m ok no worries was just funny. Otherwise I think everything is going well going to grab a used 4x4 tent on Friday for $75 I’m pumped!

Kinky!
LMAO!
Assuming you were burning stuff i.e. welding right?
Yes sir so heavily galvanized steel stinks to high heaven and welds like shit but we are almost done this portion of the order only 1,000 more parts to go sigh I miss my old job was so nice to sit and weld and not lean over a table but it’s money my man. And hey the wife gets to see some shiny nipples lmao or treat the burns

The worst was when I started at this company I was doing the finishing welds on these cages sitting on the ground with leather over my legs it somehow made a hole in the right cheek of my jeans bounced off my balls and out the other side. The saddest part was they all wanted me to go to the bathroom and put cream on it. I’m like yo it isn’t that bad just let me go for a smoke…they never did :(

Police helicopter is circling overhead - sounds madder than a hornet. I had flashback to the 70’s and thought it was a bust, so I ran out to hide my plants, then remembered I’m totally legal here. So I just waved at him. I think he waved back.
I see them Damn choppers circle my back yard Every Summer!! I'm only in a Semi-legal state to grow. But I will still give Em a Double mid Finnger. And if they flying really Low, then I just drop the drawers, and Flip them my Willie too :p

Back
Top Bottom