Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

I think there's one Blueberry as in Original Blueberry by DJ Short, and the rest are ripoffs like White Widow, which is Black Widow now, but is offered as a White Widow by every seedbank on this planet :tokin:

Her's what Short says in his "Strains of Yesteryear" article by the way:

:Namaste:

I've read that several times over the days, trying to absorb the significance. I find it interesting that there were Indian tied sticks, for one thing, but also that the Buddhas were light and buzzy. If I'm reading it correctly, it was strongly blueberry. And ... when they got the Blueberry from Flo, they retired Gin Blossom. That would mean that the blueberry came from two distinctly separate and different genetics, and that it's also related to the juniper terpenes.

Thanks!

LOOK At this!! ^^^^. :thumb:
GT..amazing!!

Awww. You're too kind. I'm blown away by some of your girls, as well as some other HBers who are just now hitting their stride. Some amazing work! :bravo:

Your updates are always awesome. Love the detail. I've learned lots from your journals.
+ reps

Thanks so much for the reps! Heheh, and it's good to hear someone say they like the detail. Methinks I get a bit nauseatingly pedantic at times. :laughtwo:

Beautiful GT! Are the buds from a polinated seed run still worth anything or is it pretty much throw away or possibly hash only material? I would like to seed a couple but can't afford to waste an entire cycle.

Funny you should ask. It occurred to me a few days ago that these buds will be a real PIA to try to smoke, because of all the immature seeds. I really don't feel like doing that laborious cleaning. So ... some sort of extraction would seem to be the solution (heheh, get it? solution?), especially since it's meant for medical use. The easiest thing would be to take it for a run in my brand new fancy dancy Magical Butter machine, mon! I'll do that, or a simple dry sift, I think.

But I think the mature seeds will be great. I did one other accidental pollination with my Panama, which was a selfie, S1. The seeds are grrreat - big shiny vigorous suckers - and the one I ran was a perfect copy of its mother, with no sign of being prone to hermie. I'll definitely be running a Buddha Blue. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great update Greytail. That Utopia Haze still has 5-6 weeks? Whoa - I can't even conceive. LOL! You had me looking up seeds for Destroyer. What a beautiful strain. It'll have to wait until I have more space. That one and Carnival. Such temptation!

LOL, 12 weeks is relatively easy. Some sativas take 26 weeks. :laughtwo: This second Destroyer has me a bit wowed, too. I want to keep working with this strain. It may have a lot more to offer than I got out of it last time - impressive pheno!

Beautiful as always... I just looked and the Blue Blood today because of the cbd count. It still has a high thc but it was something like 12% cbd I think... Anyhow let me know how you like that one when she is done please.... The breeder says it is good for MS.....:circle-of-love:

Thanks Dennise! I have two cuts in dirt. This one looks like it may go the distance, but I have two more shots at it anyway. :thumb:

I'm eager to see what effect CBD has on me. I don't have any physical ailments that a 60+ yr old doesn't usually have, but I could use some analgesic effect without falling asleep, and more peace of mind would always be welcome. We'll see.

Thanks for the compliments and the support folks! 'Preciate it! :love: :kisstwo::allgood:

So far the 50/50 cbd thc hurkle is working wonders for me. Its only been a few days that I have been using it but it made a pinched nerve melt away in about five minutes and I have been waking up with no pain for the first time in years. I have a tripple spinal fusion and am on tons of narcotics and muscles relaxers and so far the CBD is working better than any script I have tried without all the shitty side effects :thumb: Most of my pain is muscle and nerve pain and I think I have developed fibromyalgia from the constant nerve pinching and pain. We have an above average amount of MS and fibromyalgia in my immediate family. I was doing research and I think we might have cannabinoid deficiency that is causing these issues. I feel more normal when im high then when im not and always have been that way. I am the only one of my siblings that uses cannabis and I am much better off than they are as effed up as I am lol. I think it would help them too but they all live in states with no med cards.

So far the 50/50 cbd thc hurkle is working wonders for me. Its only been a few days that I have been using it but it made a pinched nerve melt away in about five minutes and I have been waking up with no pain for the first time in years. I have a tripple spinal fusion and am on tons of narcotics and muscles relaxers and so far the CBD is working better than any script I have tried without all the shitty side effects :thumb:

Smokey, Great for you!! Maybe you can grow some seeds of itself, and other strains that are high CBD with it too. :)

I can deal with picking seeds out for a crop it will remind me of my younger years when all the bud was half seeds unless you were lucky enough to get some "kind bud" :rofl: My concern is if there would be enough potency to be worth smoking in bud form.

Good deal thanks Zig. I would love to cross the a hurk with either blue dream or plushberry. I think the blue dream would be better since they are pretty close to opposites as far as flowering time and plant sizes. I just don't know if I have the room or limit to mess with it all I am sure the pro breeders can do a better job than I can with a couple plants at a time.

For me tolerance is strain dependent for sure. Although with the high brix bud I can smoke the same thing for months and its still like the first week. Before I had to change strains every week or two or they wouldn't do anything anymore. This is the most underrated benefit of HB buds IMO especially when you need to smoke the same strain for a couple months till your next harvest.

Yeah, if I understand it correctly, the pollination causes a hormone change to grow the seed, so the plant loses vigor, stops making calyxes, etc. You get a smaller yield and no extra trichs in a swell. But the bud you get is perfectly fine once you've cleaned it.

I think I still may have the subtle hand motion to gently roll seeds down a shiny magazine cover into a tray. Like riding a bike, eh? I'll have an opportunity to find out. :laughtwo:

Hey, Smokey, you may be onto something there! I hadn't thought much about it, but I don't develop much of a tolerance to the higher brix produce. I can smoke Carnival every day and nothing changes. I don't mean that the effect doesn't get ... common, boring - that's what's so very fine about having 18 strains onhand. :tokin: But I'm not really getting much tolerance out of the few favorites I smoke. I'm really kind of a lightweight. I get blasted on 5-6 hits from a pipe. My strength is endurance. :laughtwo: I been at it awhile now - me and da plateau, we be bros.

Yeah, if I understand it correctly, the pollination causes a hormone change to grow the seed, so the plant loses vigor, stops making calyxes, etc. You get a smaller yield and no extra trichs in a swell. Bud the bud you get is perfectly fine once you've cleaned it.

I think I still may have the subtle hand motion to gently roll seeds down a shiny magazine cover into a tray. Like riding a bike, eh? I'll have an opportunity to find out. :laughtwo:

Dang gt you gave me so many flashbacks of shaking out seeds in all kinds of places. Shoe box top was safest when stoned and for stealth.

Hey, Smokey, you may be onto something there! I hadn't thought much about it, but I don't develop much of a tolerance to the higher brix produce. I can smoke Carnival every day and nothing changes. I don't mean that the effect doesn't get ... common, boring - that's what's so very fine about having 18 strains onhand. :tokin: But I'm not really getting much tolerance out of the few favorites I smoke. I'm really kind of a lightweight. I get blasted on 5-6 hits from a pipe. My strength is endurance. :laughtwo: I been at it awhile now - me and da plateau, we be bros.

This doesn't make you a light weight it just makes you a great grower :thumb: I smoke quite a bit less now that I have HB buds than when I was buying top shelf crap from the dispensaries.

Yeah, if I understand it correctly, the pollination causes a hormone change to grow the seed, so the plant loses vigor, stops making calyxes, etc. You get a smaller yield and no extra trichs in a swell. But the bud you get is perfectly fine once you've cleaned it.

You threw me back to my youth with that image Greytail. :laughtwo:

You threw me back to my youth with that image Greytail. :laughtwo:

The best was a shiny foldout album cover. Right? The seeds would collect in the fold like a trough, nice and neat ... ?

:laughtwo:

Hmm, yeah variety is the key :) I have like 20 strains on my hands now and I can shift between them depending what I feel like smoking on a given day. I do not really feel I quickly develop tolerance on most of them except few pure indicas or indica-dominant strains which I always had problems to get properly stoned with after just few days. I also see them as much too light in the evening after I smoke some pure sativa earlier on. You kind of settle on middle of the road high while recalling how really good the other one was :tokin:

Hmm, yeah variety is the key :) I have like 20 strains on my hands now and I can shift between them depending what I feel like smoking on a given day. I do not really feel I quickly develop tolerance on most of them except few pure indicas or indica-dominant strains which I always had problems to get properly stoned with after just few days. I also see them as much too light in the evening after I smoke some pure sativa earlier on. You kind of settle on middle of the road high while recalling how really good the other one was :tokin:

I read these kinds of posts and think "Someday (sigh)". It's going to be a real challenge for me to produce enough to satisfy my husband and still have reserves to draw on. I'm hoping increased quality will mean he smokes much less quantity. Then I stand some kind of chance to get ahead. My last paltry harvest of an adopted plant, before I knew about real organic soil, lasted us twice as long, so I can definitely sense the potential. It would be nice to have a menu to choose from.:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom