Graytail Goes LED - 810W Intelligent-Gro II w/ High Brix

I have one small experience with no-till. I up-potted my Grapefruit2 into the old SLH pot - cut out a hole and popped it directly into the old undisturbed soil. I didn't see any positive difference in that one case - nothing remarkably different. DrZiggy is stacking his, but are you doing it to any no-till pots Zigs?

More good stuff ... :

"Most terrestrial plants form symbiotic associations between their roots and mycorrhizal fungi, of which AM fungi are the most common

(1). AM fungi obtain all their C (Carbon) from their host plant and supply the host with various benefits,
such as improvements in nutrient acquisition from the soil

(2). AM fungi can account for up to 20% of plant photosynthate

(3) and therefore represent a substantial pathway for C flow to the soil and a key link in the terrestrial C cycle

(4). However, the proportion of C entering the soil via AM fungi that is simply respired back
to the atmosphere is not known. Despite the importance of mycorrhizae in community functioning

(5,6), the biology of AM fungi, especially their external (extraradical) phase in soil, remains obscure. The rate at which the ERM turns over has never been measured, despite its central importance to understanding the role of
mycorrhizal fungi in the soil C cycle. It has been hypothesized that AM fungal hyphae turn over in days rather than weeks

(7), because observations have shown that over half of a population of fungal hyphae in soil, some of which may have been mycorrhizal, survived for less than one week.

This research shows that a large proportion of extraradical mycorrhizal hyphae, with the possible exception of runner hyphae, turn over in 5 to 6 days. This finding was made feasible by an application of AMS that allowed the microanalysis of hyphal samples containing as little as 10g of C, with only a small maximal depletion in
14C content as compared to current ambient. AMS has been used previously, where sample size was not a
constraint, to measure 14C natural abundance in fungal sporocarps to determine the mycorrhizal status of fungi and in fine roots to determine the age of fine-root. We suggest that the level of analytical precision
achievable by AMS will prove extremely useful in answering many other ecological questions, especially where limited sample weight is a constraint. This, along with other stable isotope approaches such as stable-
isotope probing, provides exciting opportunities in functional ecological research."

GT, my grow is stacked on untilled soil. 1/2 " of the the base of the smaller pot gets upcanned on the moistened top of the bigger pot, sprinkled with Roots! Maybe a 1/2" deep depression occurs on the large pot? I surround the edges of the connection with used HB soil.
Im on my second run of using the pots' root balls, So im tiered with a total of 3 tiers on some plants; its working ok :)

My goodness, Graytail, your chemist is really coming forward. Let it rip, bro.

GT IMO, its what happens in the forests, jungles and woods around the world. A fertilized female in the wild probably produces 1000s of seeds ( my 2-3 ft. CSd indoor auto made 100s :)) In tropical areas i would think Nature grows perpetually, year round. In more colder climates maybe the roots of the parents help with establishing the mycos in the seedlings 1 x annually due to more colder environment. I happened to do this by chance. I had harvested, planted a seedling into the top and it grew well. The mesh network is there already..
I do think though the first time, the soil was geared for flowering, but came around with watering, GE, Tea, amendment, EWC.

My present grow plantings were not immediately following harvest. A month went by. i kept soil in their pots, undisturbed but a little moist, as if watering with a plant, in grow room while seeds grew in small pots.
My largest plant is a self made auto..Jock Horror x Amnesia XXL. Its in I believe a 2 Gal, with a smaller pot on top, Yet another seed, same strain, is stocky in a 3 gal softee.

GT, If I may, I will post a pic or 2 :)

Here is the auto.. At 2 o clock to the WN..
image18966.jpg
in tiered untilled pots, its on 2 previous grows..

nice growing. how far from the light did you keep your plants when they were sprouts? I started mine 18" away and now they're 20" away, but still stressed :/

How do you keep the soil from getting depleted in the reused pots. Normal recycling add worm poop plant material and sometimes more amendments. I feel like I'm missing something because it's clearly working for you. Your doing a bang up job on that WN :thumb:

TY! I did what one would do in their soil bin- recycling their HB soil, but in their pots, add EWC, Amendment, roots!..vondank, does similar :thumb:
I joke about it, but im also curious...there is a viable root ball from the preexisting grow. The stem from previous grow is still there in many of the pots, does the new plant root system somehow integrate with the previos and 'tune' in, connect, whatever, to the previous roots?
I have the pleasure to experiment..im ending up with awesome buds, learning aling the way.

TY! I did what one would do in their soil bin- recycling their HB soil, but in their pots, add EWC, Amendment, roots!..vondank, does similar :thumbs:
I joke about it, but im also curious...there is a viable root ball from the preexisting grow. The stem from previous grow is still there in many of the pots, does the new plant root system somehow integrate with the previos and 'tune' in, connect, whatever, to the previous roots?
I have the pleasure to experiment..im ending up with awesome buds, learning aling the way.

Reading this made me feel really positive about my no-till plans.

Blue Blood gave me viable seeds! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Check out Blue Buddha - Blueberry x OG Kush pollenated by Amnesia Haze x Manga Rosa. :slide:

I got some pictures of Blue Blood in the bright noon sunshine. She'll be coming down tomorrow - good girl!

DSCN72592.JPG

DSCN7260.JPG
DSCN7257.JPG

And this is what she made for me. Herrrrrre's ... Blue Buddha! :cheesygrinsmiley: Tada! :tommy:

DSCN72671.JPG

DSCN72621.JPG

What a beautiful seed Greytail. Is the seedling from that seed?

Actually, no. But this seed is the one you can see at the top of the bud in the closeup shot. I plucked it and just peeled the calyx off for a picture. I missed the membrane though - you can see that it stayed attached. :cheesygrinsmiley: The sprout is from a seed I took from a heavily seeded bottom bud. Most of those were crap, but I found a good one and popped it into a cup of wet soil 3 days ago.

I'm sure I'll have dozens of mature seeds. This'll be fun. Manga Rosa is one of the Brazilian sativa strains, of which I'm particularly fond, and it's hard to go wrong with Amnesia Haze. Combine that with high-CBD Blueberry x OG - should be good stuff if the CBD holds up. :yahoo:

Magnificent magic bean!

Back
Top Bottom