Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

I think so. :hmmmm:

It's gotta be just another one of those recessive gene combos. When they're mature, they'll try to bloom. The problem is that growth will slow too. It doesn't completely stop, but no good happens while it sits in limbo either. I was relieved that mine stretched some anyway.

The previous cuts hadn't done it, so it caught me by surprise. My guess is that it's another example of epigenetics, where a new environment will trigger genes to turn on or off, causing the clone to grow differently from its mother. I have a Bubba Hash cut that decided narrower leaves were better in my environment, for instance. It's 3rd or 4th gen in my garden now.

:bongrip:
This is super interesting. In case you guys are as intrigued as I am, I just flipped two of the cuts I took from my purple Durban from my first DBHBB grow.
You might recall, we noticed purple pre flowers as she started to stretch and I took the cuts. Fast forward nearly four months and they were finally rootbound to the point I had no choice but to upcan and flip.
They just went into flower on Monday but here’s the interesting part, the pre flowers don’t look purple. This will be an interesting test for me on a couple ways. First the color of the buds may exhibit the plants adaptation to its environment as you guys suggest. Second, the maturity of the cuts are such that they looked like they were bursting to flower. It will be interesting to see if the slow down and stretch less.

Cheers!

That is crazy to watch. Did you go look at Morglie's pics of Bubba Hash? I'd swear it's a different cut but I know it isn't. It has adapted to all our soil and environment differently.

That's one of the reasons I grow so many different strains and keep the ones that seem to be on cruise control in my garden. I do the best I can with the environment but not all the strains perform as well as others. It's easier for me to find the ones that like my garden rather than keep adjusting it to suit a certain strain.

I’m doing my best to maintain, what I've started referring to as, my microclimate in my flower tent. My veg box on the other hand is not climate controlled, at least not as much as the flower tent.
Given what I’ve read today, if what we are all suggesting is true, it would be near pointless for me to keep a plant as a mother based on what she might’ve shown in flower.
For example, let’s say low nighttime temps are what caused purple calyxes on my Durb. If I don’t somehow recreate those conditions, they might not purple up.

Damn so for breeders, it would seem you’d need rock solid environmental controls to really be able to test your projects and have any consistency.

For my current Durban run, I’ll be watching to see if both cuts grow the same or if maybe one displays something the other doesn’t. I can say that the leaves look just like the moms and this plant has always displayed this weird thing where the tips of the leaves twist over. The cuts are showing that ‘trait’ as well.

Certain traits will carry over to cuttings or seedlings but not all

That’s fascinating to me. It also changes how I look at the idea of taking cuttings rather than starting from seed.

That is crazy to watch. Did you go look at Morglie's pics of Bubba Hash? I'd swear it's a different cut but I know it isn't. It has adapted to all our soil and environment differently.

That's what convinced me that it wasn't my imagination. :hmmmm: Morglie's has the same fat dark leaves that my first gen cut had.

I took this cut back on Jan 8, so it sat 132 days in veg before I flipped it. I wonder if it matters that I cut, rooted, and then stalled it, in very dry weather ...

Hey gray,
Driver on top of panels, touch this morning, hot. Need to put down after holding for a minute hot... Yours? Been 24-0 last couple weeks...

I haven't messed with mine for awhile, but as I recall, yeah, the bigger ones get hot. I have a couple 120H and a 80H on the wall in the veg space and the 120s are definitely hot enough to get uncomfortable, the 80 not so much.

No worries, I think. :Namaste: Wouldn't hurt to pass a little air across 'em, if it's not too much hassle. I turned my ventilation off for too long once and ran the room up past 40C and triggered the thermal breakers on 2 of the drivers, so you'll know when they get TOO hot. :cheesygrinsmiley:

But I read an analysis about running computer case fans and the wattage they draw compared to the increase in efficiency from cooling the drivers and ... there wasn't a big savings. So. Meh.

Somewhere in the specs I remember seeing operating temps ...

:bongrip:

Hey Gray! :passitleft:
Just went through a couple pages and i'm loving the setup. You're pulling loads of quality herb outta there! :adore:
DeadlySativa is dried and jarred
I chopped DCPurple today.
Beautiful plants!
I'll hang around and join the rest of your grow show if ya don't mind...:ganjamon::rollit:

Certain traits will carry over to cuttings or seedlings but not all

I used to argue that cuts will be 100% copies of the mother donor.

There's some new science out that says there are certain bacteria that populate the cuttings that can actually change the RNA in the cuttings.

Ever see a cutting with some slime on the cut end? That's some bacterial thing going on in the cut.

I did a sort of experiment with a mutant plant I had. Took cuts off the mutant which was pretty worthless - tiny plant but it flowered SUPER fast and matured fast too.

Took cuts - a few the cuts reverted a regular growth pattern but retained the super high metabolism = finish flower @ >40 days. Good weed too. The other 1/2 of the clones were the normal mutant. Tiny plant with small flowers but still fast metabolism.

GojiPupil is dried and jarred and yielded 84 grams, 2.96 ounces over 204 days = 0.412 grams/day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I didn't have cool nights this time so the pink calyxes aren't as prominent, but the buds are nice and dense - I got 50 grams into a quart jar. :slide: There's something about this strain that calls to me, so I'll run it yet again - got a small one ready to flip.

And I made me another pile of fat stem calyxes - yummy! :love:

Back
Top Bottom