Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

:high-five:
Truth, That is what I am talking about! My wife is a chimney! :rollit:

I like to roll it to smoke it, but they wife said yesterday the Zamaldelica is tooo strong for a joint all by herself.
So I am slowing my roll............:peace:
the stuff just disappears in smoke

She might like a nice little one-hitter for those strains :Namaste:

She might like a nice little one-hitter for those strains :Namaste:

I got Diva a nice artistic, handcrafted one off Etsy for Valentine's Day. :slide: :green_heart:

Dat's cannalove, baby! :headbanger:

Thanks Arch. :)

I have a BubbaHash ready for chop in a few days, followed by one that got dusted by KingGelato, and then an AfghanKush x BlackDomina. :slide:

Heheh, I suddenly realized that it had pixel problems, and it was from almost 5 years ago!

That's DCPurple. :bongrip: The reveg is coming along nicely ...

Gray I know we’ve discussed cuttings before, would you give me some insight on taking cuts in flower? I took a few of my Durban as Id like to keep the purple pheno around. They look amazing really for being two weeks old. I took the dome off permanently about seven days ago I don’t suppose you have any experience with revegging cuts? :Namaste:

I've never tried revegging a blooming cut, but PotChimp has done it a lot. He'd know if anyone does. I think he roots them under a bloom cycle and then reveges? :hmmmm:

Over the years, I've seen a lot of people do it and it really doesn't look as tricky as you'd think. The main issue is keeping the damned things alive until they root. Once they're well rooted though, they seem to do fine during the reveg.

So I'd say you've probably gotten past the hard part. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've never tried revegging a blooming cut, but PotChimp has done it a lot. He'd know if anyone does. I think he roots them under a bloom cycle and then reveges? :hmmmm:

Over the years, I've seen a lot of people do it and it really doesn't look as tricky as you'd think. The main issue is keeping the damned things alive until they root. Once they're well rooted though, they seem to do fine during the reveg.

Ahh that’s good news haha. They are alive it would seem and I made an error in that the cuts were taken on the 1st of February. So that’s nearly three weeks ago. I’ll do some searching on the forum and I’ll seek out PotChimp as well. Thanks Gray

I am revegging the Hawaiian I harvested back in December. She was from a clone sent to me by another member and appears to be doing it well. One trick I like to use when I am going to reveg a plant is to put it back into 18/6 while she is finishing (think the last 10-14 days). There is a reason for this....it's specifically for the roots.

In flower, post stretch, the plants are no longer really growing roots. To get a plant to re-veg, you have to stimulate the roots to grow and the only way to do that in flower is switch the lighting. Generally takes most strains 10-15 days to start regrowing roots which will stimulate new veg growth. This won't hurt your harvest because you will harvest as soon as you see any new growth start to form. This is where you want to leave 5 or 6 small lower buds and keep her in that 18/6 schedule. From there you can cut off a clone when shoots get big enough if you want to start with a new plant in fresh soil, or you can keep it in the pot and amend the soil as needed (for how I grow) and regrow it again.

You speed the process up by switching the lighting to 18/6 in the plants final two weeks and by doing so, you greatly increase your odds of a successful reveg. Many times, people was let a plant completely finish before starting the process of changing the root system to 'veg' roots and the plant either can't recover or will recover and not be very healthy. If you have any intention of revegging a plant, switch her to 18/6 to finish her off.

I am revegging the Hawaiian I harvested back in December. She was from a clone sent to me by another member and appears to be doing it well. One trick I like to use when I am going to reveg a plant is to put it back into 18/6 while she is finishing (think the last 10-14 days). There is a reason for this....it's specifically for the roots.

In flower, post stretch, the plants are no longer really growing roots. To get a plant to re-veg, you have to stimulate the roots to grow and the only way to do that in flower is switch the lighting. Generally takes most strains 10-15 days to start regrowing roots which will stimulate new veg growth. This won't hurt your harvest because you will harvest as soon as you see any new growth start to form. This is where you want to leave 5 or 6 small lower buds and keep her in that 18/6 schedule. From there you can cut off a clone when shoots get big enough if you want to start with a new plant in fresh soil, or you can keep it in the pot and amend the soil as needed (for how I grow) and regrow it again.

You speed the process up by switching the lighting to 18/6 in the plants final two weeks and by doing so, you greatly increase your odds of a successful reveg. Many times, people was let a plant completely finish before starting the process of changing the root system to 'veg' roots and the plant either can't recover or will recover and not be very healthy. If you have any intention of revegging a plant, switch her to 18/6 to finish her off.
Thanks Van, that makes good sense to me :thanks:
I can see how that shaves some time off the time to reveg.
I imagine she’d appreciate some extra light during those last two weeks as well. :thumb:

In flower, post stretch, the plants are no longer really growing roots. To get a plant to re-veg, you have to stimulate the roots to grow and the only way to do that in flower is switch the lighting.

I think there must be more to it though, otherwise you couldn't get a cut to root under a bloom cycle.

That's one of the things that surprised me about PotChimp's method. When he'd be tidying up in bloom, he'd just stick trimmed branches right into the soil, and they'd root. :hmmmm: Then he'd scoop 'em out and reveg 'em.

So, blooming shoots can root.

You definitely have a better chance revegging a full plant if you harvest early in the window. I think it's a hormone thing - plants can go too far to switch back - can't keep a blooming plant alive forever - they just ... die. It probably applies to cuts, too.

I think there must be more to it though, otherwise you couldn't get a cut to root under a bloom cycle.

That's one of the things that surprised me about PotChimp's method. When he'd be tidying up in bloom, he'd just stick trimmed branches right into the soil, and they'd root. :hmmmm: Then he'd scoop 'em out and reveg 'em.

So, blooming shoots can root.

You definitely have a better chance revegging a full plant if you harvest early in the window. I think it's a hormone thing - plants can go too far to switch back - can't keep a blooming plant alive forever - they just ... die. It probably applies to cuts, too.
Not talking the same kind of roots Gray. Take any cut from a flowering plant and it will root but then the roots stop growing. The shoot only grows enough root to sustain the plant through whatever it is you do with it. From their, it will continue to flower out if you leave the lighting at 12/12 but it will flower for shit because flowering plants don't grow more roots. Which leads us back to the hormone thing you mentioned.

I am not a science guy but I would assume that the two things are tied together. That flowering shoot that just rooted needs something (hormone change triggered by photoperiod perhaps?) to get it to start growing. That leads back to where the only way to get vegetative growth is with vegetative roots (not the weak roots that pop out of flowering plant and stop).

I grow all my clones in clear solo cups inside of red solo cups so I can watch the roots. There is a direct tie to the specific type of roots the plant has. In my experience (though limited to about 10-12 cuttings taken from day 10-23 in flower) is that the roots will initially grow funky an crooked and barely reach the side of the solo cup and then stop for about 10-20 days depending on how many days in flower it was before being cut. At about the same time that new funky growth starts to show on the plant, new funky root growth begins...similar to the initial rooting. Then when the plant stops throwing out those weird 1 bladed leaves and starts throwing out 3s and 5s, I notice the roots go back to the normal growth you see in a plant grown from seed (what I call vegetative roots for lack of scientific term). So there is a direct correlation between the roots and the growth, no doubt about it. Every one of the plants I have grown (including three right now that are just starting to throw new vegetative growth and roots) have all been very similar to each other.

Not sure how you grow your flowering clones Gray, but next time you take one grow it in a clear solo cup and watch the roots and growth together. It certainly made things clearer to me being able to watch that process several times over. In fact, I took 4 clones off my two Stankberry girls last night (Day 21 in flower) that I will be glad to take pictures for you if you are interested in following alone with what I have observed.

Very cool Stank! :thumb:

The difference in root structure is fascinating - I've never examined it.

And I haven't tried to root a flowering cut yet - just watched others do it. I've been revegging whole plants and doing ok, maybe 50% so far. From what you've said, it'd be nice to have a 18/6 tent to finish them in. :slide: I'd like a space to keep mothers and odd extras.

Back
Top Bottom