Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

Gray - do you mean Cat brand lights?

I don't know that brand. :) I'm just trying to be a bit discrete - the powers that be, don't want promotion of specific products that aren't sponsors.

But I was one of the early adopters of QB boards and I got them from Meijiu before they had a site on 'baba. You had to email directly, etc, and I've developed a relationship with Kitty and sent her a bunch of referrals. So I know they can be trusted.

I searched 'baba for Meijiu LED just now and their stuff popped up on the first page.

:Namaste:

I chopped a small BubbaHash a few days ago. It yielded 47 grams, 1.66 ounces over 134 days = 0.351 grams per day. :slide: Not bad!

I'm getting a pretty consistent yield from the 3 gallon pots this run. The average has been 43 grams, and they've all been within 6 grams of that.

Nice looking buds Gray! :high-five:

Maybe I assumed you grow in larger containers. Would you mind breaking down what size containers your doing? Prefer? Etc. :Rasta:

Well, because of my room size and dimensions (45"x 53"), I decided when I got into growing that I wanted to stick with these 6 gallon square pots that I have. I could go to 10s, but I wouldn't be able to grow as many plants. The 6s nest in there perfectly in a 3x3 pattern - 9 of them. That's 54 gallons. Round pots waste space, and I'd have to go to four 15 gallon square pots to get as much total soil in there.

But I have a back wall that's underneath a stairway, so the ceiling is slanted and lower there, and I wondered what would happen if I ran small short plants back there in smaller pots. I did some measuring and sure enough, I can fit 8 smaller 3 gallon square pots into the space that 3 of the 6s take up. That's 24 gallons of soil instead of 18. :slide:

The question was whether it would work in a live soil. Doc has always said that the Kit will work best in 7 gallons or more per pot. But so far, the 3s are doing almost as well as the 6s. That lets me grow a LOT more variety.

So to answer your question, the small ones are 3 and the large ones are 6. The first couple runs with the small pots, I flipped too early and got less than an ounce from 3 gallons, and I noticed that the rootballs weren't completely filled out. So I gave the next batch more time and/or training and they're yielding 1.5 - 2 ounces now and filling the soil with roots. The 6s average 4+ ounces.

I've also done a long fluffy Haze in a 15 gallon bin and that went quite well. Halfway through bloom, I upcanned it from a 6 and it thrived. I got almost 6 ounces out of that one.

Very cool Gray! You were so detailed, thank you for that!
You mentioned the lower yield with your first couple runs, are you starting in the three gallon or upcanning from a smaller container?

I’m interested in maybe also experimenting with a smaller container in the future. I’d like to do an autoflower but I can’t think of many successful stories with regards to autos in docs kit.

I usually veg the small ones in one gallon pots and the large ones in 2s. I just hadn't given the plants a long enough veg at first.

But as the perpetual backs up, I keep a lot of them in cups.

I've found that it's hard to upcan to anything smaller than 3 times the soil - not much room at the edges otherwise.

Very cool Gray! You were so detailed, thank you for that!
You mentioned the lower yield with your first couple runs, are you starting in the three gallon or upcanning from a smaller container?

I’m interested in maybe also experimenting with a smaller container in the future. I’d like to do an autoflower but I can’t think of many successful stories with regards to autos in docs kit.

Magoo grew a right nice Dark Devil Auto. He may be able to help you sort it out with the kit. :green_heart:

Talk to stoney memoirs. He grows em. He grows DDAs in his flower tent in the kit and has consistent success:thumb:

Yes... Stoney... I was beating my brains out to remember. And he grows DDAs too. Duh! :rofl:

Wow that looks quite nice. Did that plant throw naners?

My Zamal Hash is in the same tent as my bubba hash and the zamal has a few naners showing up. She's about 2 weeks from being done but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with Bubba Hash x Zamal Hash being the bubba is a few weeks behind. The A5 x Malawi is in there too so I might end up with Killer A5 Haze Hash too.

Back
Top Bottom