Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

If you closed your boutique in January then you are both golden and legendary my friend!! What a perfect time to hang it up. That other thing is going to have lasting impact on us.

Didn’t see the choppers over this way tho, just a rubber check which when endorsed equals an I.O.U. that we gotta pay back anyway

I know I dropped a turd on Mr Graytails journal here many weeks back with my COVID19 story. I did it because I know Gray has a large diverse readership. Hate the message, not the messenger.

I miss hearing the Italy news from Conradino

Little update, my state is in the midst of a big outbreak, a thousand a day is the current trend. Doesn’t seem possible. The bad thing is they plan to open schools in August and it’s waaay too soon, I hope they revise that. I hate it for all impacted, the schools, teachers, kids & families. I’m ready for this to be over and done but think we have a long way to go.

Anyway I wanted to say, keep your pantry stocked with food & water as a safety net. My motto is if you see it - then buy it. Buy extras of all your essentials if / when you can. We are just now getting past the toilet paper shortage here.

Watch your p’s and q’s, be safe & hunker down!

Remember when I said that I'm a rather contrary loadie? :laughtwo:

24 hours per day of yadda yadda from the news geniuses, but here's what I'd actually like to know ...

1. Exactly HOW much more does the hospital get paid when the patient died "from" Wuhan vs not?

2. Roughly, what percentage of people died WITH the virus vs OF the virus?

3. Does the typical hospitalization consist of more than a nebulizer treatment and a day or two of observation?

4. What percentage of "hospitalized" people are in ICU?

5. How much less lethal is the virus now vs 3 months ago?

6. What percentage of the virus gets through a mask on every inhale/exhale? The N95 mask only lets 5% through each breath for instance.

7. Does it matter anymore if we touch our faces any time we feel like it?

8. When I touch my mask, do I have to wash my hands again?

9. Roughly, what percentage of the population has been exposed already but kicked it before they got sick enough to form antibodies?

10. How many excess deaths from other causes have happened during the past few months?

11. If you get 3-4% positive every time you test people ... um ... how can that be? One week, 3-4%, next day or week, the same. A month later, still the same? 3-4% of the population is always positive? Every day or week?

I already know that 140,000 people have died, of/with/around the virus. And I know that "cases", whatever they are, have "spiked" lately.

I just don't know any of the other stuff.

Actually I do know, because I looked for the information and found a lot of it, but the "experts" apparently don't think any of that stuff is important to the rest of us. We're too simple to understand it anyway - it'd just confuse everything.

I live in a small city of 200,000 people, and nobody is sick, actually sick. Out of 32,000 tests, we've had 2600 positives and 70 deaths, 50+ of them from nursing homes. I finally found a bank teller in his 20's who'd had it, and it was like a bad flu, he said.

This is a new virus and it's running through the population and killing far more people than other viruses. The real numbers to look at for the future are the deaths per million. Europe had the first outbreaks and they've totaled over 600/M so far. Our 4 early States - NY, NJ, MA and CT - are all over 1000/M. That's where it will all end up unless we get an effective vaccine very soon. Eventually, more than 1000 per million will die. :straightface:

But I'd sure like some answers instead of being forced to play more Simon Says, y'know? "Never mind, just do what I tell you" has never been a good way to keep my attention. It's a matter of personal judgement to me and I intend to keep exercising it. If the experts can't explain themselves, and if they're the same experts who fugged up the last time they told me what to do, sheesh, c'mon, really?

I keep asking myself - why aren't the experts and the news clowns talking about anything important? Yes I know there's a deadly virus going around. I knew that yesterday.

Again, I have a different perspective than many other people. I'm out there 4 days a week with 20-30 doors opening in my face every day, just like normal, and I'm not sick. I don't produce virus for anyone to catch, and I'd have gotten it by now if I was going to.

So I have questions that don't get answered.

:bongrip:

Hey Mr. Graytail,

I think that contrary loadie bit is why I liked your journal from the start!

Fortunately they pulled the plug on first 9 weeks of school and will do remote learning here.

All the questions are pertinent and I’m not qualified to answer any of them. Like Gray mentioned previously- I’ve been asking employees at the grocery stores & fast food joints if any had caught the virus and have not heard anything. That is most perplexing. One would think the high volume of public exposure would render them sick but it hasn’t.

I have questions about the treatment for those hospitalized. My case was catch & release, gave me the nebulizer & kicked me to the curb. Is this all they are doing for the flood of ER cases? Again I don’t have answers.

Not that it matters but I’m white male 58 years old, aside from the plethora of injuries & chronic pain... I’m in reasonably good health. Back in March I was fine on Tuesday but on Wednesday I was coughing non-stop and so violently that I was gasping for breath and scrambling to get to the ER.

I don’t want to spread fear but PLEASE know that my words are from a place of genuine concern for my grow friends! Take care to protect yourself & your crew.

420 needs a social distancing approved emoji, maybe there’s a hookah emoji in there that I overlooked . but for now this will have to do. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:passitleft:

I’m just tired of all the division. And I really feel like that’s the point. Divide and conquer.

Don't forget fear. If you can make people afraid enough, they're more likely to do what you tell them to do, whether it makes sense or not.

Tired, yes. Weary of all the hysterical yammering. Yes, a lot more people are going to die. Yes, that's correct. The future holds all sorts of perils, including a new virus. Glaring at other people from behind a home-made mask isn't gonna change anything. It's in the air, it's on surfaces, it's ... here. And now we know for certain that people under 60 rarely die from it. Influenza is worse for them. I recently read that a total of 26 Americans under 15 have died. Pool drownings are in the 300s so far this year. (Can't remember the exact numbers but I got the point.)

It's callous and irresponsible to just go on with our lives as usual, but more young men have been murdered in Chicago this month than have died from the virus all year. That's just Chicago. But ... yeah ... Simon Says. :rolleyes:

You're bad for my image, 013. :laughtwo: I'm sayin' all the wrong things.

[Edit] I spent some time last night wracking my memory for anyone I might have known in my life who died from influenza. :hmmmm: I know people do, and the stats say that tens of thousand die each year. I know that I've read about it. But ask yourselves ... if someone told you that somebody died of the flu, would you nod your head sadly or would you say "WTF, he/she died of the FLU????" It would be a remarkable thing, no? More than just unusual, right? Seriously? The flu? Was it cancer, too? How'd the flu do it? :hmmmm:

Division, fear, and sliding $hit into society that no one wants there (as it tends to go without notice during all the purposely manufactured chaos). A lot of jobs are going to be gone when this is over, especially tellers and cashiers. Because of greed, not a virus. And a lot of volatile political decisions are going to be made in the cover of all this smoke..... :(

Danger Island is making us wear a mask now. There's a Halloween store pretty close to me, but I'm torn between the Spongebob and the Batman one. They're just cheap plastic masks held on by a rubber band, but I'm afraid I'm gonna catch 'em on fire smoking blunts. I think the Batman one would look cooler on fire, so I'll go with it. :thumb:

Danger Island is making us wear a mask now. There's a Halloween store pretty close to me, but I'm torn between the Spongebob and the Batman one. They're just cheap plastic masks held on by a rubber band, but I'm afraid I'm gonna catch 'em on fire smoking blunts. I think the Batman one would look cooler on fire, so I'll go with it. :thumb:
holy batshit robin! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom