Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

Me too! :high-five:

The cool part is that I have seeds, heheh. :slide: So I can start another one when I get my mold under control. Gotta give this one another chance. I didn't realize how sticky it was until I handled it for trimming today. 5.5 weeks since pistils?!! That's startling in a sativa dom. :thedoubletake:

Congrats on yet another harvest Gray. Your buds are the type I'm reaching for. As my learning curve Improves so does my grows. You do know that your one of my growing role models don't you?

Aw Reg, yer makin' me blush. :battingeyelashes:

Your last update looked startlingly good! You have all sorts of different stuff going on and it's all in great shape. Props! :bravo:

Cotton Candy is dried and jarred and yielded 36 grams, 1.27 ounces over 111 days = 0.324 grams per day.

Not so great. It sure illustrates the value of the final 2-3 weeks. I had to take this one 2 weeks early.

CCC - 111 days old - 48 days 12/12 - 36 days since pistils - brix 13/14 - Harvest
DSCN62531.JPG

DSCN62551.JPG

DSCN62542.JPG

DSCN6251.JPG

DSCN62491.JPG

Graytail, how much more yield could the last 2-3 weeks give?

36 grams is one of the lowest yields I've had, in fact, I just checked - 3rd lowest behind Cotton Candy (early hermie) and Utopia Haze (flipped at 2 weeks old). I would have expected 2 ounces from a plant that looked like this:

DSCN60701.JPG

But it's very good smoke. It has Carnival's strong sativa punch with just a hint of Power Plant. I don't get much Lavender, except for the aroma, which smells like rough split cowhide to me - a skunky base with a sweet floral tone. I'll run it again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

GT, I know you have posted this earlier in the thread a couple times... But I'm lazy Stoney at the moment...

Anyway, I am wondering who is the breeder of Carnival?

Ministry of Cannabis :blunt:

Carnival: there is no name that can better represent the effect of this plant in your mind. The word carnival reminds you of a happy atmosphere all around, to Venice and the thousands of people dressed like centuries ago, or to Rio, Brazil, where millions of people go crazy just for a few days a year.

This strain has been designed to bring the carnival into your mind. The entire process of selection and crossing has been made in Spain. This is a cross between a Haze mother and a particular individual mostly sativa as father.

Carnival has an extremely high content of thc: the laboratory test on our sample has shown an amazing 23,2%. This is not the only good note, the flowering time is really short for a plant that is 80% sativa.

Flowering time: 9 weeks
Yield Indoor: 400-450 g/m²
Yield Outdoor: up to 300 gram per plant

User-Generated Strain-Profile
Known Phenotypes:
1: short, compact, fastly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #1

For this strain we got input by 1 user. Here a short overview:

Flowering Time Indoor: 45 - 51 days (~48 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is ordinary.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is very strong and long lasting.
Votings of our users: Carnival gets 7.00 of 10 possible Points in the average!

Thanks everyone! :thanks::Namaste:

You do a really good job training these, GT.
Curious, is the above pic the result of topping only? I'm just wondering how YOU like to train them.

Cool! It gives a chance to put it on paper. :cheesygrinsmiley:

As a general rule, I like to watch a complex system and look for the inflection points that will make it more efficient. That philosophy crosses a lot of genres, from process engineering to caring for plants to teaching. So I don't like the idea of heavy defol and mainlining, etc. Instead, I try to simply guide a plant in the direction I want it to go, looking for its own natural tendencies and assisting or resisting them.

I usually end up using LST. Multiple topping seems to inhibit the plants I grow, and simple topping doesn't get me the large canopy I want. So when the youngster is about a foot tall it's been growing alternate nodes for a few cycles, and I look for a place and direction I can bend the top to bring it lower than a group of side branches. Since I've done it so often now, I'll do some small cleanup like clipping off the side branch under the bend as well as that fan. I'll push any tall lower branches into the center of the plant which brings them higher. Sometimes I'll twist the bent top as it grows so each pair of side stems stay on the sides instead of top and bottom - that gets a lot of tops. I'll usually fix that bent top in place and then bend and fiddle with the other side branches several times a day as they grow from the higher allocation of growth hormone they're getting. It's foolproof - the tip that's even slightly above the others will grow fastest. Every time one branch grows taller, I'll bend the top 3 inches or so outward and down into a curl. They recover in a matter of hours, and I do it again and again until they stay there. This will often allow a secondary side branch to reach the same height as its tip, so I get mulitple equal branches from one main one. I like to grow them to about 14 inches over 60 days, and I'll usually end up with 10-15 equal apicals when I flip it. Since the growth hormones are so evenly distributed, I'll usually get less than a double in stretch.

It's low stress, but the natural growth pattern is still seriously diverted, so growth does noticeably slow. But that also makes a nice full canopy with a mature root system, and good yields for such small plants.

:slide:

That's so true, Gray! LSTed plants do not stretch half of what they would normally. Great explanation + repz :high-five:

I'm frequently noticing my anachronisms, lately. "On paper", heheh. A few days ago I found myself saying "let me change phones", which in my case meant putting down the old ATT deskphone and going to the den and picking up the old mod designer phone with the curved pink genuine neon tube in it, both landlines, and calling to my wife to hang up the first one.

Life is briefly and often disorienting for a 20th century loadie. :cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::smokin:

Yes, GT
Thanks for such a thorough explanation. I was tossing around the idea of doing a scrog again. I don't think a screen is gonna be necessary. Ill put what u explained above into action in my garden.
Have a few reps my friend.

Thanks for the reps!

And that's how I originally thought of it - a sort of netless scrog - it lets me move and adjust plants as much as I want with the same effect.

:high-five: :thumb:

When you get a chance, if you haven't already, you should read some of Jon705's journals. He's one of 420's best growers. I hope we hear from him again in a couple months. :cheesygrinsmiley: Here's a link:

Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

Back
Top Bottom