Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

We haven't had a land line in over 10yrs...
It had reached the point where it was nothing but an unnecessary bill & a number for high pressure phone salesmen to call.

I actually had a friend come by yesterday and ask me to send a fax for her. How many folks ya know that still can send a fax from home without scanning and email:confused:.... I don't even have a smartphone. My cell is a flip phone that I make a phone call from or send a text... My great nephew that moved in is always on that silly thing. He is going to have a hump in his neck by the time he is 30. I refuse to have it cause it is smarter than I am...:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:

I don't even have a cell phone. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Someone gave me an extra one from their plan for 6 months. I had to constantly recharge it and it never rang.

Besides, no one uses a phone to talk anymore, anyway. 90% of my landline calls are automated junk calls.

I'm a 20th century man, baby! :yahoo:

I actually had a friend come by yesterday and ask me to send a fax for her. How many folks ya know that still can send a fax from home without scanning and email:confused:.... I don't even have a smartphone. My cell is a flip phone that I make a phone call from or send a text... My great nephew that moved in is always on that silly thing. He is going to have a hump in his neck by the time he is 30. I refuse to have it cause it is smarter than I am...:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:
Actually Fifi, you don't even need a smart phone nor land line to fax. Just scan whatever you want to fax on your printer and send it via pc. But I favor faxing through my smart phone after scanning with the printer because it's simpler. Just scan, upload to phone, hit fax and then send. Now a days you don't even have to be at home to use your printer. You can do it all from your smart phone & have it waiting for you when you get home (like hard copy pics etc.) or read any fax sent to your home pc while you're out in the street. But most of the time faxes are sent to your smart phone and you send it to your printer via pc. The pc is like the brain connecting all your electronic garbage.

Looking great in here..."blister" is here for the smoke test :cheesygrinsmiley:

I don't even have a cell phone. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Someone gave me an extra one from their plan for 6 months. I had to constantly recharge it and it never rang anyway.

Besides, no one uses a phone to talk anymore, anyway. 90% of my landline calls are automated junk calls.

I'm a 20th century man, baby! :yahoo:

I'm with ya Gray....I don't own a cell either....just an old ,old school guy!:high-five:

I'm with ya Gray....I don't own a cell either....just an old ,old school guy!:high-five:
Don't worry, I'm old school too but have a teenage daughter...

Hey BAR...Ya me too bro ...only I have two sons' 7 and 13. The 13 yr. old already has a brand new smart phone.I'm afraid that if I ever get one ...I won't even know how to turn it on!:reading420magazine:
Don't even think twice about it. Your kids will get you caught up to speed quicker than any tech class could ever do.

Actually Fifi, you don't even need a smart phone nor land line to fax. Just scan whatever you want to fax on your printer and send it via pc. But I favor faxing through my smart phone after scanning with the printer because it's simpler. Just scan, upload to phone, hit fax and then send. Now a days you don't even have to be at home to use your printer. You can do it all from your smart phone & have it waiting for you when you get home (like hard copy pics etc.) or read any fax sent to your home pc while you're out in the street. But most of the time faxes are sent to your smart phone and you send it to your printer via pc. The pc is like the brain connecting all your electronic garbage.

OK where do I start with all the problems with this....... I did know to scan and send per the computer however in this case all I had was a fax number and no email address and pretty much all the rest can be addressed with one statement...... I very seldom leave the house so therefore I don't need all the f***** technology that makes my brain bleed. I hate talking on the phone so I pretty much only text.... Schwans delivers food so I do that by computer and I never remember to charge the stupid thing anyhow.... I actually left my cell in Maggie's Valley 2 weeks ago and still don't have it back yet and haven't missed it once...... My fella did get one cause he wanted to be able to play Pandora on his Dewalt radio at work but he can't even answer a phone call with it yet and he has had it 2 months......... and last but not least I didn't understand but about 5 words you put together up there on that last post Broke Ass.....
So Gray I guess we are both products of the 20th century and actually I miss it. To much noise now........:circle-of-love:

All old people say that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's not the noise (but it is :cheesygrinsmiley: ) it's ... sheesh, what's the point? It takes longer to text. And why are they watching something on the phone? How many hours of each workday are wasted this way now, in this century? Hours got wasted before, but I don't think the % was as high as it is now.

I order stuff from my computer, sure, I like tech, it's great, it's efficient. If I had to do it while I was moving around, ok, fine, I'd get a smart phone. Oddly enough, I almost never need to. I don't get it. How come everyone else does?

The answer is that they don't, so I don't get that either. Why? Old men seem to be confused a lot. :straightface:

Don't even think twice about it. Your kids will get you caught up to speed quicker than any tech class could ever do.

Ya...that's scary eh ...my 13 yr. old just asked me an hour ago when i'm getting a phone.I told him ,as soon as someone gives me one. lol!It's just too much $$ right now. Running a house with all it's challenges and paying a fortune every month on child support doesn't help. Right now my land line is only 20 bucks a month...so that's hard to beat! I'm sure i'l give in soon ,but , but,but!:blunt:

OK where do I start with all the problems with this....... I did know to scan and send per the computer however in this case all I had was a fax number and no email address and pretty much all the rest can be addressed with one statement...... I very seldom leave the house so therefore I don't need all the f***** technology that makes my brain bleed. I hate talking on the phone so I pretty much only text.... Schwans delivers food so I do that by computer and I never remember to charge the stupid thing anyhow.... I actually left my cell in Maggie's Valley 2 weeks ago and still don't have it back yet and haven't missed it once...... My fella did get one cause he wanted to be able to play Pandora on his Dewalt radio at work but he can't even answer a phone call with it yet and he has had it 2 months......... and last but not least I didn't understand but about 5 words you put together up there on that last post Broke Ass.....
So Gray I guess we are both products of the 20th century and actually I miss it. To much noise now........:circle-of-love:

Hey D... how's it goin eh? I want the last century back as well. Get this...they invented cell phones and computers with the hope of making things easier for all,but have ya noticed how much of a hurry everyone seems to be in? Life has gotten too fast...we should all just relax and slow the fuck down and smell the herb! Cheers D.:high-five:

How many hours of each workday are wasted this way now, in this century?
Well at least I can say I waste my time & your tax dollars during my workday 420 magazining.

And all 3 of you make perfect sense. Heck, if it weren't for my daughter & the type of job I have I'd be right there with you.

I too agree with you OLD FARTS :):)

I live in a life where im guilty of living life too fast and always trying to slow it down. Thats why i left the city and moved to the middle of the woods in the country.

What i would give to go back to riding horses for transport and getting back to when working to live was the way of life on the land...not living to work like society has created for us now a days...it makes me sick!!! Thats one of the main aliments my medical cannabis is needed for :roorrip::;)::laugh: lol

I was born in the wrong century most say:)

:Namaste::peace:

Loving the discussion about LIVING.

One of the main reasons I'm moving to Uruguay is because of the way they live. They LIVE. Rich, poor.....they all live well.

Nothing is open before 10AM, most places open at noon. Most people go to sleep at 1-2 AM and wake up about 10AM. Family dinners are small parties....parties are like large family dinners....responsible drinking, toking, BBQ, eating, dancing and laughing pretty much 4-5 days a week is the norm.

Most folks work on farms or in agriculture once you get out of the biggest city. They call it La Pura Vida, the Pure Life. Low tech, high comfort, low stress, GREAT FOOD.....very little media blaring at you. Zero police crap.

You can feel the difference! We should all try to shake off the madness, the extra 20 hours of work per week only to pay taxes.....it's time to LIVE. Less anger too. Very healthy.

But La Pura Vida sounds like we don't get to buy a bunch of things to have.

We gotta buy things and have them, don't we?

That's one nice part about being old. I have things that I bought, and I no longer feel like buying new things to have.

:slide::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom