Great, my dog is high

SommerVirelli

So I did a quick 10g press of flower into rosin for my wife because that’s all she smokes. She scraped it up and put it into one of her silicon containers after taking a wee bit for a dab. She puts it on her nightstand and goes upstairs to do dishes. We always close our door when we leave the bedroom.

This one time she forgets and our dog sneaks downstairs to eat everything she can. A bag of tortilla chips, a chunk from a sage smudge stick, and cleaned that rosin out! Now this is a good amount even for adults. For a 60 pound dog... She was so high I was almost worried. I know there’s nothing to actually worry about. She couldn’t walk down the stairs when it was time for bed so I carried her to bed. Poor girl was wigging out. She ate her dinner and now she is crashed out for the night. This is why we put our stashes out of reach of animals and children!

Hey there,

I don't mean to alarm you, but this might be more serious than you think. My understanding is that THC is quite toxic for dogs.

I do hope that I am wrong, and that your pooch is just fine.

I share with mine, the roach that is. She loves the taste. Not every one I smoke, but maybe one a day. She sneaks them off the table, car bumpers, chairs, anywhere someone may have put one down. She is quite awesome to me in that respect. I poured out bong water in a planter once, 30 minutes later I catch her eating the firken dirt. Not sure why, but she will not touch fresh weed, only burnt and greasy.

I share with mine, the roach that is. She loves the taste. Not every one I smoke, but maybe one a day. She sneaks them off the table, car bumpers, chairs, anywhere someone may have put one down. She is quite awesome to me in that respect. I poured out bong water in a planter once, 30 minutes later I catch her eating the firken dirt. Not sure why, but she will not touch fresh weed, only burnt and greasy.

Whats up.....lol
20190810_090018_Signature.jpg

So I did a quick 10g press of flower into rosin for my wife because that’s all she smokes. She scraped it up and put it into one of her silicon containers after taking a wee bit for a dab. She puts it on her nightstand and goes upstairs to do dishes. We always close our door when we leave the bedroom.

This one time she forgets and our dog sneaks downstairs to eat everything she can. A bag of tortilla chips, a chunk from a sage smudge stick, and cleaned that rosin out! Now this is a good amount even for adults. For a 60 pound dog... She was so high I was almost worried. I know there’s nothing to actually worry about. She couldn’t walk down the stairs when it was time for bed so I carried her to bed. Poor girl was wigging out. She ate her dinner and now she is crashed out for the night. This is why we put our stashes out of reach of animals and children!
So in other words, decarboxilating is an over rated step that can possibly be avoided? That would be fantastic!

Well we made it thru the night and she’s back to her adorable self! I can’t even imagine being as high as she was, but she rode the lightning. As soon as we hit the bed she was done lol.
Last year I had done an experiment with my girl. I had already known she didn't like to eat fresh buds, but loved the taste of roaches, so I ground up 1 gram of low grade smoke and mixed it with some peanut oil, then poured it on her food. She gobbled it up, and went right outside. She walked in the snow a bit, then started to roll around. Laid down, then just pushed herself around like she was scratching an itch, or too lazy to get back up. Other than that little oddity, she was just lazier then normal. I haven't given her anything other than a roach now and again since that day.

i knew a decent dog trainer. trained his german shepherd to detect stuff. it was a great dog. he had a purpose built professional canvas stash bag for training his dogs. we'd hide it for fun then let him go find it, but he'd point half the people in the place cause we usually all had lol

I fostered quite a few Rotts when I was involved with rescue. I thought one of my fosters was having a stroke one evening. She would stumble, freeze and just stare at something, and snap to, and stumble again. I finally figured out that she had eaten a small hunk of bubble hash I had lost from a pipe. She was really uncoordinated and spacey unless I threw the ball for her. Then she was normal, focused, running and jumping just fine.

Hey there,

I don't mean to alarm you, but this might be more serious than you think. My understanding is that THC is quite toxic for dogs.

I do hope that I am wrong, and that your pooch is just fine.

Noticed your post was mostly ignored.. brother in-law is a smoker and a vetenarian, its animal cruelty giving thc to your pooches. Yes treat with cbd but keep them away from thc, unless slowly poisioning something you love is what gets you off (accidents happen, just got to be careful. But does the accident excuse work if kids were around and got into the stash?).

No way i condone giving thc to dogs. I think once the little fella (35kg) found some in the compost heap. Got him so high he was barely standing. I picked him up, took him to the vet. We listened to Pink Floyd on the way there and back. Haha.

He was alright at the end. Ate a big bowl of food and slept like 12hrs. Well keep your stashes locked up and bury cannabis deep if you are composting your fluff, as i do. Lol.

So in other words, decarboxilating is an over rated step that can possibly be avoided? That would be fantastic!

You mean for baked stuff? Because if that’s the case the process will occur when baking. I mean that pup probably got so high by that little percentage of available thc in the rosin and not from the thca. If it was decarbed stuff it could be more severe. I don’t think i understand the question. If you are preparing a proper edible, tincture or extract which is be taken orally you should decarb.

Back
Top Bottom