Great stoner music: classic and rare tracks

Three great rare albums. IMO
I would put this in the kick ass category (my opinion) A 15 yr old Paul Dean of loverboy on guitars. Henry Small does some serious vocals on this album.
38:23 not real great quality sound

The mellow side... this one is acoustic heaven. Watertown - No singing at the dinner table. Good luck trying to find it though.(I finally found 1 song on youtube) Looks like 24 copy's for sale at discogs... cheap. First track you can definitely hear the quality of the overall recording here.
4:24

Somewhere in between is Martina Sorbara's - The Cure for bad deeds. A straight outa high school album by the extremely talented singer for Dragonette. I categorize it as jazz even though she's pure electronica now.
4:18
3:03 this is the song that got me hooked

Man the sound on youtube is so empty... Completely dead just like most mp3's.

A straight outa high school album by the extremely talented singer for Dragonette. I categorize it as jazz even though she's pure electronica now.
I listened to her sing the fourth song, Eggs Over Easy, and the first thing that came to mind was a relaxed jazz singer. Going to have to try to remember to look up more of her stuff on youtube.

Speaking of which, are you familiar with Bourbon In Your Eyes by Devil Doll. Light up a joint, sit back and hit the play button and it is like stepping back into a speak-easy in the 1920s.;)

Eggs over easy... such a cool song, I wish there were new stuff but she got married and her new band produces computer generated sounds now - she still has the voice, talent and appeal though. You may find some old poor quality stuff from before she married though. The original Bonnie & Clyde video was killer, too bad she took it down. Mike Bullard while interviewing her once said I like that video to which she replied oh you like my tits...lol I got a good laugh outta that one. Too bad it's gone now it was a nice video to great song. "The cure for bad deeds" is great from start to finish.

Dis Devil Doll girl has a very unique voice so deep and musky I love it...goosebumps. Poor girl she needs to find a better tailor though. That dress done fell completely off wayyy before the song was done.
That voice reminds me of my favorite female singer Johnette Napalitano from Concrete Blonde, deep and powerful and she uses it very well.
I'm off to check out some more of this Devil Doll stuff thanks for posting.

In memory of George Frayne who passed away Sept 26th. He is better known as Commander Cody of the group "Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen". A decent obituary here: George Frayne, a.k.a. Commander Cody, Alt-Country Pioneer, Dies at 77

Found this live version of Hot Rod Lincoln because listening to the Seeds and Stems (Again) blues is just too depressing at our one song memorial for this true musician and entertainer.

Today, Sept 26th and back in 1975, the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show was released in Los Angeles,California. So how about something to listen to this after noon. Maybe listen to Hot Patootie-Bless My Soul sung by Meat Loaf? Or the cast singing Time Warp? Or even the whole sound track?

Clip of Hot Patootie from the flim....

And Time Warp...

Of course, there is the whole playlist...
I listen to the soundtrack every Halloween. Tradition, like Alice’s Restaurant’s long version every Thanksgiving day in the U.S.

It is the Holiday season so here are a couple we have been playing this week....

Greg Lake and Ian Anderson performing Father Christmas live in a church in England

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts performing Little Drummer Boy ... this is now my holiday favorite unless something better comes along....

Back
Top Bottom