Great timeline of cannabis' history - Lots of info

Freeman420

I stumbled across this timeline and knew that it should be shared with as many people as possible. A lot of info on cannabis with accompanying dates. I suggest that you show it to everyone you know, stoner or not. Email it to city councils, governors, congressmen, and tha president as well. Show ignorant people against cannabis that there is no legitimate reason to be opposed to it. Peace:peace:

Re: Great timeline of cannabis' history. Lots of info.

Unfortunatly, many people's minds are already "made up", especially in the anti-MJ crowd.
My parents grew up in the 30's, and it was drummed into their heads that MJ was evil and led to insanity and ******* addiction and accepted it as a known fact.
When they found out I started smoking pot they were appalled.
Over the years, my Dad saw that pot neither made me go crazy or shoot up.
A good Baptist, he was never 100% in favor or people smoking it for fun, but he did vote in favor of med-MJ.
On the other hand, my mother took her hatred of pot to her grave. She was convinced that weed was evil and the med-mj movement was a scam, just an excuse for people to get high.

I think that roughly, 1/3 of the U.S. thinks pot is cool, 1/3 think it is evil, and 1/3 are ambivilent. It's the ambivilent ones we need to reach.

Unfortunately, you're right. Many opponents of cannabis are stubborn in their point of view. However, like you said that anti-cannabis propaganda was beat into your parents, we need to be just as persistent with tha true facts of cannabis in order to change those type of minds. I know it won't be easy and will take some time, but beginning with tha timeline I mentioned is a great start. We need more people on our side so cannabis will eventually become decriminalized. Who knows? Maybe someone you successfully convince will have power to help that process.

1563: Queen Elizabeth I orders land owners with 60 acres or more to grow cannabis or face a £5 fine.

1990: As the drug war gets uglier and uglier, 390,000 American citizens are arrested on marijuana-related charges.

Damn look at the difference...

but u cant fix stupid!!

I disagree. Maybe you can't completely fix stupid, but you can show people tha way. Tha stupid people you refer to take what ever tha government says as fact, which is extremely ignorant. I suggest, if you know any of these type of people, that you present them with tha timeline I have been promoting along with facts about tha medical marijuana program in 12 or 13 states.

They will have to concede that cannabis isn't a 100% evil if around a dozen states have instituted programs allowing it's medical use. Tha program has to be approved by a majority of voters and/or state politicians. Once they have realized they where lied to by tha government, then they will be more open to what you have to say regarding tha true nature of cannabis. I mean, it's worth a try. Legalization is on tha line, so we need as many supporters as possible! Don't be discouraged by tha immensity of tha task at hand, if you want complete decriminalization, then you're going to have to change minds sooner or later.

I think that roughly, 1/3 of the U.S. thinks pot is cool, 1/3 think it is evil, and 1/3 are ambivilent. It's the ambivilent ones we need to reach.

I use to think Marijuana was evil...and then my friend begged me to try and I've been smoking ever since! I

have no regrets!! :D

I use to think Marijuana was evil...

See, case in point. She said that she used to think cannabis was evil. Then a friend showed her tha way. It's not impossible to change someone's mind, you just have to work at it. If you know anyone with a negative opinion of cannabis, then start working on changing their mind now. Eventually, you will be successful and we need all tha people we can get on our side. Peace.

I'm not seeing the link to the cannabis timeline. I would really like to see this. Could you re-post the link?

Back
Top Bottom