Great White Mycorrhizae growing on roots - I hope

I had been starting to have issues in a DWC system. It's my first grow. So, among other things I did, I directly knocked up or inoculated the root mass with Great White Mycorrhizae. Surprisingly, it germinated very quickly and you can see the mycelia and its rhizomorphic growth. I mean, I didn't expect to see it like this. I figured, for some reason, it might grow differently. I am looking forward to seeing what happens and what you all say. Either way, I like this picture a lot.

she’s sprouting some fishbone roots…

generally speaking roots should be white, however some nute products do stain them. As long as they are not slimey or smelly you should be good to go. H2O2 mixed with feed water can be used to clean safely and their are products like hydroguard in us or Z9 in Canada are good enzymes for hydro grows.

im dirt farmer but will shout at @Tokin Roll to swing by.

No matter what medium you grow into, I believe that roots HAVE to be WHITE.
To me it looks like there's something wrong with those roots.
But the same like @013 I am not a spec with the DWC.

When growing in water the roots do not react well to temperatures above 72 degrees.

What you are looking at is the onset of root rot. Get yourself some Hydro-Guard and this will go away.

The water doesn't get warmer than 66f. Usually hangs around between 61f-64f

she’s sprouting some fishbone roots…

generally speaking roots should be white, however some nute products do stain them. As long as they are not slimey or smelly you should be good to go. H2O2 mixed with feed water can be used to clean safely and their are products like hydroguard in us or Z9 in Canada are good enzymes for hydro grows.

im dirt farmer but will shout at @Tokin Roll to swing by.

No, I'm pretty sure the white stuff is mycelium; like mushroom seedlings. I think this because I inoculated the roots with great white, which has fungal spores in it. Otherwise, the roots are getting moldy lol.... but not funny.

No matter what medium you grow into, I believe that roots HAVE to be WHITE.
To me it looks like there's something wrong with those roots.
But the same like @013 I am not a spec with the DWC.
The roots are definitely stained because of several nutes that have this color, specifically b-52 and nirvana(both AN) it looks worse when they are soaking wet and get much whiter when dry. But, yea, I suspect there is also a problem. That is why I was putting the great white in there in the first place.

The res water was cloudy and smelled bad. I had it filled high and it looked like there was a patch browning, so I reduced the water. I have been flushing and such and I've been adding the great white stuff. The water is getting better for this plant, clearing up and the smell has not come back. I am in the middle of addressing this.

A lot of it is lighting, like the plant on the left has whiter and cleaner roots than the one on the right. The left also has no issues and no cloudy water. The right one had bad smelling and cloudy water, as seen here. But it looks lighter.

20230124_064202466.jpg

Here's the same plant we have been talking about and pictured in the original post, but with no water in the res. Had stinky water at this point.
20230119_011627340.jpg

I tried to get more shots of the mycelium on the roots. These are from a 2nd plant I inoculated with great white. I started hunting for it after I found this on the first plant I posted about. Has anyone ever seen Great White germinate on roots like this? Cause it's pretty cool. I am so interested to see how much of the roots it takes over or if it does.

20230126_062942610.jpg
20230126_062905983.jpg
20230126_062840081.jpg

Back
Top Bottom