Great White Shark - 5 Gallon DWC Bucket - Organic

subscribed.
Nice plants, to bad about the heat wave. Hope you can make something work out of the clones.
I'm gonna have a seat, spark one up, and watch ;)

:rollit:

Well after playing survivor in the desert with a all time high heat wave... this is what I have had to do.
I took a Jack Herer clipping for a clone before her mother died, it was rough going at first. But she is in DWC bucket and fight back pretty nice. And I didn't want to take a chance with the GW Shark too much. So she's in soil and left pretty much alone and I just topped her once.
and also, when Jack was healthy enough, I top her too.
~ The main thing I absolutely have to do is.. Turn my HPS light off at half day intervals because of heat build up in grow room. I hope this doesn't screw me in the long run. I got the humidifier full speed and I lightly mist with reg. water when needed to keep leafs hydrated...

J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_015.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_014.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_013.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_012.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_011.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_010.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_007.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_006.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_005.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_004.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_003.jpg

I just turned off HPS light and put on the CFL's...This is why the leaves look a little skittish and droopy. But she recovers fine for that.
I have to get batteries for my camera, the camera phone won't even micro the view of the bud sites.
heres a few pics of the mother that died buds...look close they were dome pretty and ...it just makes me sick to my stomach to go through the whole grow just about...doing this and doing that... and the heat burns your shit down. Thanks Mother Nature :thedoubletake:

Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_021.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_019.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_0201.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_017.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Church_plants_016.jpg

~ Well, it has been a total nightmare getting through this "storm of the century" heatwave... but there is now light at the end of the tunnel.
I have got my grow room down to manageable temps. Humidity is always a struggle in the desert. No matter how much you throw on it
the atmosphere here just drinks it right up. So I keep misting the air and reading my temp/humidity gauge to boot it up.

* Progress Report * = The Jack Herer Clone in DWC bucket is flowering and instead of little tight nugs at the tops and ends of the plant.
it is growing buds like you would see at the top for Cola's...If thats the case, then harvest will be real special. I am flushing with water once a week and the nute strength is running at about 1250 PPM on my total nute solution in hydro. All BPN Organic Farmer Fert's.

My little baby girl... Great White Shark that I germinated in soil. I have transplanted her into her final container with fresh fox farm ocean forest soil mix. I am using BPN Organic Farmer nutes with this plant as well. I started with low TDS @ around 900 PPM to see what the plant could handle, had a little issue with N and micro deficiency. Yellowing tips at the bottom of plant and couple at the top. But I boosted the N and micro nutrients... and after a couple of weeks I boosted the TDS to 1250 PPM and the plant is colorful and drinking it right up. Also, when I transplanted. I put 2 tablets of Mycorrhizae in the root ball and a couple around the plant in the roots.
and here is the latest pictures of the girls...

J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_020.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_017.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_016.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_019.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_018.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_001.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_015.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_014.jpg

Looking good, nice work. I am very interested in seeing how the DWC goes. What made you decide to do this instead of soil. I am making a decision for my next grow. Thanks and plus reps friend :)

~ I have always grown in soil. I guess it is just being around the old timers and hearing Organic soil is the best tasting and burning smoke
out there, and at the time growers just wasn't flushing the Hydroponic plants at harvest good enough and you could taste it...and that sucked.
And the commitment and room for error was just to risky to take a chance. Nute burn, mold,act of god things going wrong etc. etc.
So to be honest with you...I guess I was too scared to jump into Hydroponics. But year after year seeing the results for DWC hydro, I knew I had to try it. Higher yield and faster grow cycles are hard to pass up. So, I said...get one 5 gallon DWC bucket and try it, And to be honest with you. It is less work. And it is more accurate to grow they way you can control everything about it. I can easily check my PH daily, the TDS daily and actually see my roots and how their doing. However that being said, if you make a mistake with the nutes or something it is pretty instant that you will find out. Don't panic first off... then dilute the nutes or add something real gradual. I highly recommend DWC Growing all the way...When I get the money. I am going to go with the " Current Culture Under current system "
whatever you choose my friend...Best of grows to you...may your garden be green and sticky icky always... :woohoo:

~ Progress report ~
Jack Herer --DWC - grow stones
Blue Planet Nutrients ~ Organic Farmers Pride ' Grow- Micro-Bloom ' ~ Vita-Blue B vitamin ~ Liquid Blue bloom enhancer.
Seaweed extract
Molasses ( unsulphured )
Advanced Nutrients ~ Sensizym ( root zone rejuvenator )
~ The Jack (Clone) is growing optimal as can be. Instead of round bud spots at the top of the stems and branches, it is growing bud hairs all over the place like cola's normally do...very happy about that.

Great White Shark - fox farm ocean forest - soil
all nutrients listed before are being used for GWS as well ~ note ~ I was reading tech. tips from Advanced Nutrients that their
"Sensizym " enzymes for roots can be used in soil too.
I also add Mycorrhizae tablets to root zone.

Plants are green and looking healthy...more to report at a later time... :Namaste:

some new pictures taken last night.
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0201.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0191.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0181.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0122.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0032.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0021.jpg

Well, just dropping in to show a few pics of the girls...

The Great White Shark in organic soil is taking her sweet time, however I got her in her new container so the roots really must be loving that.

~ And my pride and joy ~ My Jack Herer DWC bucket plant is just getting the Bud Fiesta going All the top 's are starting to take shape and are growing some nice colas... seriously...this plant is a grand champion. She smells wonderful, she is eating so much ..it's blowing my mind. I heard that you need to be careful with overfeeding this strain... but she is gulping it down and the colas that she is producing are fantastic...:party:

J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0161.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0151.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0141.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0131.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0112.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0102.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0091.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0082.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0071.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0061.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0052.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0043.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0022.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0012.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0201.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0191.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0181.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0122.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0042.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0032.jpg

Well, I wasn't going to trim my Jack Herer plant. But I was worried about two things :
1. was mold or bud rot... there was just so much thick canopy and such, that leaves were laying on themselves. And when I would move one , there would be a wet spot from the plant. I am thinking something has to be wrong with this..." I don't know "

2. I didn't know if the leafs with their abundance would rob the bud development or quality. Again..." I don't know "

that being said...here is the pics after the trim. Notice how I fixed my micro camera set up...lol

J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_045.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_044.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_043.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_042.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_041.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_040.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_038.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_036.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_037.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_035.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_034.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_033.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_032.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_031.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_030.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0192.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0182.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0141.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_0123.jpg

Well the one plant my Jack Herer in DWC from clone... just a quick rundown of my nute's using :
Blue Planet - Farmers Pride Organic 3-part G-M-B
Blue Planet - Vita Blue Vitamin mix ~ I absolutely love this product
Blue Planet - Liquid Blue Bloom Booster
Advanced Nutrients - Sensizym
Liquid Kelp soil drench
Vitamin B
And I am in 3/4 bloom phase - and my PPM's are running at 1400 - with a Ph of 5.5 to 6.0

My Great White Shark on soil.
Same as above for Nute's w/ the x-tra additive of mychorrizai tablet's -- and I feed,water,feed...

Both plants are flushed every week with PH'd bottled water.
Running 12/12 400 watt HPS Light - rotating when needed,

Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_014.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_013.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_012.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_011.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_010.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_009.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_008.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_007.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_006.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_005.jpg
Jack_Herer_and_Great_White_Shark_plants_003.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_046.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_044.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_043.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_042.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_041.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_040.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_036.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_034.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_035.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_033.jpg
J_H_hybrid_X_GWS_soil_032.jpg

~ Jack Herer Ready For Harvest ~ :party::party::amen::woohoo::ganjamon:

DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_121.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_120.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_111.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_105.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_100.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_095.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_089.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_081.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_075.jpg

~ I have been flushing the plant with PH'd water ... hence the bad colors ... :Namaste:

~ I have been flushing the plant with PH'd water ... hence the bad colors ... :Namaste:

" Can't wait to taste the final product. " ... Blue Planet Nutrients " Farmers Pride Organic " ... Thanks Cory :thumb:

~ At Last ... Harvest Time... ~ 2013 Ms. Jack Herer Summer Bud Harvest ~

DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_164.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_163.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_162.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_158.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_161.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_159.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_157.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_156.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_152.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_151.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_150.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_153.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_154.jpg
DWC_Jack_Herer_clone_and_Organic_Great_White_Shark_soil_155.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom