GreatLife4All RDWC WW 1000W Grow

Thanks - I appreciate that.

I am gaining as much as I am taking...

Trim Day

Ok... Trim day.

I harvested a couple of days ago. As I indicated at the time - this consists of cutting the plants into sections and hanging them upside down till they are dry. Most of them dried up today.

The two plants that I took down first are already bottled up... near 2oz which I consider good - if you remember these two were completely covered by the LOJ and were not receiving much light. A lot of popcorn...

So... first. I think I got all the parts for one of the plants. Here they are coming out of the drying tent:

IMG_20130421_152928_442.jpg

IMG_20130421_152721_812.jpg

IMG_20130421_152634_980.jpg

Next, I cut these down and separate into two piles - popcorn and buds:

IMG_20130421_153854_083.jpg

I then do my final trim and place into a drying basket. Because they are mostly dry - they won't lose their shape during this time.

IMG_20130421_165647_735.jpg

And then back into the drying tent for a couple more days. As you can see - I still have probably 1 more plant to cut down but these sections need another day or two.

IMG_20130421_170108_977.jpg

IMG_20130421_170127_562.jpg

I don't ever weigh it till it goes in the jars... otherwise my ego gets damaged.

Speaking of which, I forgot to take a picture of the jars... but will do that later.

I am a happy camper :thumb:

I finally took some additional pictures of the LOJ that I am training.

To give you an idea - these two started out identical:

IMG_20130421_172000_588.jpg

And a better view of the LOJ LST

IMG_20130421_172042_863.jpg

IMG_20130421_172114_775.jpg

And finally, here is the White Widow that I have been working on:

IMG_20130421_172225_599.jpg

Hello Everyone...

Been busy fighting rot root... probably should have followed my own advise and thrown them all away. Though several are doing great. Clone box was devastated - still have 10 strong plants. All the LOJ died immediately. As much praise as I have heaped on that plant... only fair that I now mention it can't handle root rot. The Super Silver Haze lost zero... Amazing performance. The WW lost 1/3 of the originals. Nothing but praise for those two varieties.

Even H2O2 can't seem to bring this under control. Last night I took out my scissors and cut away all brown roots. Drained the system. Washed everything in bleach - which did finally kill everything. Took everything apart, soap and water. Reassembled and hit it with bleach one more time.

Put everything back together and will see what happens. It is sparkling clean right now. I couldn't have done it without my buddies help.

Here are some final harvest photos from the six WWs that have been the focus of this journal.

IMG_20130424_202729_308.jpg

IMG_20130424_202742_008.jpg

Very happy with this high quality harvest. I have already given away one jar - so there is one missing from the picture. That is a tax imposed by my buddy for all the help he provides - well worth it.

I was going to take this journal out till I harvested the Light of Jah... but life had a different plan. It seems that I have given myself a bad hernia and will be undergoing surgery on Tuesday. For those of you not so squeamish, it has been "reduced" and is no longer "incarcerated" - so I didn't have to undergo emergency surgery. Nothing life threatening... but I won't be able to maintain a journal during this time. And lifting restrictions make it unclear how I am even going to maintain a grow at this point. Thus, another reason to simply pitch those plants with root rot.

I have some plans going around my head for a new journal - and will be opening it up whenever i feel better. So even though I may disappear for a couple of weeks, I will be back with a new plan, grow journal, and need of more help.

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone that has helped me out :goodjob: I hope that I have helped some of you as well :thumb:

This journal has been a very rewarding experience for me and I am glad that I took it on as a project. I have learned a lot! There are some amazing growers on this site.

:Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Nice pics man. I plan to grow like you do but I'm learning a step at a time.I want to focus on growing sativa strains than can handle the hot weather in Az before I go building a green house. My knowledge on mmj is expanding everyday!

Nice pics man. I plan to grow like you do but I'm learning a step at a time.I want to focus on growing sativa strains than can handle the hot weather in Az before I go building a green house. My knowledge on mmj is expanding everyday!

LOL....I started growing here a year ago, one thing I was surprized by is how small the plants stay with the heat. I'm north of you, so the temps aren't quite as bad...LOL....about 5 degrees cooler than phoenix.... a six foot plant here is a giant.....LOL....check out my journals, i've got a strain i'm working with that's equatorial sativa crossed with kush....It grows as good as can be expected here! I'm just guessin where you're at by your name!

Update on Flowering Tent

Ok... time for an update on the clones.

As you know (if you have been following along!), I took clones off the plants which were started from seed - and are currently in the flowering tent. The cloning process went very well.

The clones are now in the Veg tent and starting their second week.

Here is an over view of the ebb and flow table.
IMG_20130711_234757_746.jpg

And here is the same table from a different angle to show the plants a little bit better.
IMG_20130711_234805_514.jpg

I am currently running Advanced Nutrients using a 1G-2M-4B formula. I also throw in several additives to arrive with a PPM just under 1,000. They seem to like it.

I like that Holmes fan so much I went ahead and bought one for the veg tent. I have it installed on the lip of the E&F Table right now.

Everything looks very good. A 100% success rate on the cloning.

Update on Flowering Tent

Ok... time for an update on the flowering tent.

As a reminder - this was the last update.... just a couple of days ago.
IMG_20130705_233311_109.jpg

Here is a view of the understory. I prefer to keep everything trimmed clean up to the SCROG screen. Helps with air flow and humidity. I still have to clean up the two in the middle - which is the WS-33 and the C99. The WS is the one up front - and it is just not ready.
IMG_20130711_234937_231.jpg

And here is a view of the canopy taken today. Notice the Silver Kush has been tied down multiple times now. The Sour Diesel and C99 are being crowded out. And everyone is well above the screen.
IMG_20130711_234952_495.jpg

Sour Diesel - this plant is getting crowded out by the Silver Kush and the HJ-33. Still developing nice buds on it though. Gonna be small though. You can also see how I tied the main cola of the Silver Kush down to the middle of the screen - keep the main cola safely under the intense part of the light.
IMG_20130711_235055_417.jpg

Green Poison - What a great plant this is developing into. Very dense and bushy indica structure. No buds yet but the flowers are developing. This one looks like a real winner.
IMG_20130711_235036_171.jpg

Sweet Tai - a very nice plant. Don't know what else to say.
IMG_20130711_235022_484.jpg

BC Cheese - it is developing quite nicely. Love, love, love the smell of this one. Looking forward to trying it.
IMG_20130711_235013_621.jpg

Silver Kush - main cola that has been tied down.
IMG_20130711_235003_368.jpg

HJ-33 - this one has come on strong in the past couple of days. Very nice structure to this plant - it is very bushy and yet open. Buds are developing all over the place.
IMG_20130711_235045_5041.jpg

Everything is looking excellent on this update.

I didn't get a picture of the WS-33 - it is too small yet to really be seen. It does have a small bud on top though.

I transitioned this tent from BPN to Advanced Nutrients by using my refill solution to gradually replace the old solution. I am going to drain and clean everything this weekend. Will be putting in AN again with the final push on the flowering phase... 1500ppms here I come!

Holy smokes! Its soo good to read this journal. Just succeeds in making me aware that I know absolutely nothing!I have soo much to learn. I certainly must develop a better understanding before I start writing checks. Thank You!

Never fear my friend.

There are lots of great people on this site that can help.

If you do have any questions on the journal - feel free to ask.

Never fear my friend.

There are lots of great people on this site that can help.

If you do have any questions on the journal - feel free to ask.

Hi GL. I haven't seen you around for a while. Are you still posting / lurking? Your journals are so informative I miss the updates.

Back
Top Bottom