Greatwolf's Hydro Auto Blueberry & Tangerine Dream Grand Experiment Journal — 2017

Re: Greatwolf's Hydro Auto Blueberry & Tangerine Dream Grand Experiment Journal — 201

It sounds very plausible. Are you talking 5-10 grams from each top, wet? That should give you 3-6 grams dry, which would be at least decent potency. I'm hoping you get the higher ranges. You would prefer better than decent.

I had a jar of fresh harvest oil sitting in hot oil crack at the stage when there was still water in the material, and when that water and oil mixed it was dramatic! :laughtwo: Since then I've worked with stainless containers for my oil production. Stainless can't break. At the time it was a critical harvest and I resolved to avoid the possibility of reaccurance.

I do all of my bud and oil storage in glass, but all of my oil production in stainless.

I don't recall asking if you've tried a balanced ratio approach for pain management? There's so little research to back up the contention that this is the answer, considering that the research was done by a company preparing to market a balanced ratio product, and I'm always curious about what goes on in the real world.

Did you catch our discovery about applying topicals to the pad at the top of the spine, base of the neck? I think it's time to find out the anatomical name for this body part. This isn't a proper way to communicate its placement. :laughtwo: Anyway, it may be an excellent additional pathway for pain management as well. Worth keeping in mind for when you get to the topicals stage.

I'll keep an eye on what you're posting and see where it can be useful in the data banks. Lol!

Hi Sue,

Sorry for the late reply but I knew I needed to write a longer one that was better suited to using the laptop than the tablet, but I'd already put it away. And I'd already apparently confused things enough in my last post.:thedoubletake:

I'm hoping to get 5-10 grams total dry (minimum) from the top 3 buds. If not, the next level down, about 8 small to medium buds, should be enough to make up the difference and close enough to ready at the same time, if necessary. My reasoning is that I have seen everything from 1 to 5 grams (dry) per ounce (assuming fluid ounce) of oil for extraction. Since 1 ounce is 29.57 ml, and assuming some oil is trapped in the bud and cheesecloth, 4 ounces of oil could net me about 100 ml. But only if I have 10 grams dry (or a little more). If it's closer to 5 grams, I'll go with 2 ounces (about 50 ml net). This would give me 2.5 grams per ounce or higher.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with glass. :yikes: No matter what precautions we take, accidents can happen. I still plan on using canning jars as I have experience with them, but always check them prior to use. The material will be dry and decarbed, so that should help, and I never screw lids down hard, only loose. But I really appreciate the insight and can learn from others' mistakes as well as my own.

I do understand about about balanced ratio but let me digress for a moment. I have been using pure CBD for over 3 years now for pain management; I have crumble that I vape in wax vaporizer and 100% pure crystal that I mix my own ejuice (I'm a former smoker, quit by using ecigs 9 years ago :yahoo:). I worked with my doctor to use CBD as an experiment first, then to replace the oxycodone I'd been taking for 4 years, before and after surgery, for pain management. My doctor understood how much I hated and feared oxy and so was willing to try alternate treatments. CBD gives virtually the same level of pain relief (20-40%), but works marginally better on painful, shooting, numbness (an unusual type of spasm) in the legs; reducing maximum episodes from 72+ hours to no more than 12. Neither work on a hypersensitive spot I have in the middle of the lower back or extends how long I can sit or walk.

So for initial seed order I picked a US distributor to receive them quickly and although they had some that had equal THC/CBD, none of those were auto, which I wanted for fast yield for testing. Because I can also use the CBD products I have, or mix them if necessary on this first grow to try determine what is effective. So CBD content was not a primary concern for the initial grow. I have been in touch with many back sufferers with similar (none have quite the same) symptoms; some are helped by 50/50, some by 2 to 1 (CBD to THC), and a few by LSD/LSD-25 (cannabis, not the drug), which has extremely high THC. So it's all over the map.

Yes, I did see just this week about the spot you are talking about (posted in 2 threads, no less), and since I also suffer from migraines this is more tha a little interesting to me. I was already planning on making a body butter or lotion from reading the magnus8 thread, and am eager to try this on the hypersensitive spot I mentioned. Your new application point, and that it might help migraines, is a bonus.

Now I think you see why I call this journal a grand experiment; it wasn't just the application of old standard strain techniques to autos to see if they would work, but to see about producing medicines quickly and effectively for me and my conditions. And passing all of this on, regardless of its effectiveness on me, to others for their use.

[Told you it would be a long post. :phew:]

Cheers from the darkside

Re: Greatwolf's Hydro Auto Blueberry & Tangerine Dream Grand Experiment Journal — 201

Please greatwolf, let that be your last apology, in a sense, for posting such an inclusive response. I'm known for my wordiness, in case you missed that glaring reality. :laughtwo:

Yes, I have a better understanding of your intent with the journal. I'm excited to see the results of your drying experiments. I'm sure you'll have enough dry to get an oil potent enough for relief.

The info on LSD/LSD-25 is new to me. Intriguing. Do you know if it's a particular terpene mix that makes that chemovar so effective? And thank you for your insights into the effective doses for others with back pain. It reinforces what we know about the individual expressive nature of cannabis sativa. :laughtwo:

My thoughts on glass vs stainless wasn't meant to dissuade you from doing so, but simply to share a worrisome quirk I discovered I had. Lol! In truth it happened because I didn't follow the cardinal rule of closely checking the jar before beginning. The memory still gives me shivers. Took me a month to get all the mess out of the kitchen. Thank goodness none of the hot oil got near me. We had a careful member set himself afire making CCO once. Accidents, by their very nature, are unplanned events.

So, am I to understand that you manage this pain with CBD only? No THC at all? You weaned off oxy with CBD? greatwolf...... I'm mighty impressed. :hug: Have you documented anywhere how you pulled that off? In detail, I meant. I'd be very interested in hearing the doses and schedules and how long that took.

Congratulations on the nine years off cigarettes. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I only apologized for my tardiness (I know better than to apologize for length of reply to you).

As for terpene mix on any variety, I think we are going to find, over time, that it is a far more complicated topic, especially for nerve and neurological issues, but possibly all medical issues. For some, the high CBD works best, others, high THC with high CBD works, and yet others only certain varieties work. I suspect this last group may be terpene (or other chemical) related. Then there are those that require very THC with little to no CBD. This group may be impacted by short term memory loss; a temporary distraction from their pain that gives them some respite. We also cannot discount some psychosomatic effects - if they believe it is helping them it does help them. This is a very real effect and should not be discounted. As for myself and terpenes, I have not noticed an appreciable difference. A vendor I use for CBD introduced slabs with them about 18 months ago and although I tried many different ones (Tangie and Sour Lemon Diesel come to mind), I noticed no differece. Only the the strength of the CBD made a difference for me.

I was on oxy for 4 years, before and after surgery. I have a good Doctor, who understood I'd seen friends get hooked and I had a terrible fear of it. We kept it at a minimal dose and frequency, but I hated it. I hated having my mind clouded, my memory not working well. All for a minimal amount of relief (pain could still be 7 or more). When I saw news stories on cannabis bringing relief for certain conditions, I did some research (hampered by the effects of oxy). I then discussed my idea with my Doctor - that I would try CBD and see what the results were. When I had more pain relief, we began reducing and then eliminated the oxy completely over about 4 weeks, if I remember correctly (I did mention how I hated having my memory fuzzed). The CBD pain relief was virtually identical to the oxy, but at least partially because I could adjust dosage as needed. Something you can't do with opiates without risking addiction or far worse. Since which time I have become an active advocate of CBD.

The problem is, I'm not getting better, only worse. I believe if I could just exercise some (a little bit of core, or lower body yoga), I could at least stabilize or perhaps improve quality of life some. Hence my experiment to add some percentage of THC at this point. So far, for the little bit I've tried it's been mixed results. Pain relief appears to be slightly higher at night when I've vaped it, but only a little more sleep. This could be due to the fact the Blueberry I've been testing hasn't been quite ready yet. Not to mention no cure at all. But they are getting closer! Wait till you see the photos I post later today. :yahoo:

Cheers from the darkside

May I suggest you look into Callanetics? I maintain an off top is thread that's essentially my personal log, but I'm always open to advising students. I've been practicing consistently for over four years now, but I've been a sporatic practitioner since 1988, and I'm something of an authority on the national stage. I used to be more involved with the program before I found I had an unquenchible passion for medicinal cannabis. I started the thread on Callanetics to merge my worlds, so to speak. I needed it all to be here, in the virtual neighborhood where I spent most of my time.

I'm intrigued greatwolf. What doses did you start with, and how often were you dosing with? You're the first person I've met personally that used CBD alone to get away from oxy. When they put my late husband on it I let it go on for a month. After that initial period of little relief for the nasty side-effects we found a friend who traded us cannabis for the oxy. It meant he only had pain relief for two weeks out of the month because the cannabis always ran out too soon, but it was actual relief, and didn't come with the joys of constipation, a complication no dialysis patient needs to deal with.

Thank you for all that insight into pain response and cannabis. I'd have to agree with you across the board. This means it's to our benefit to determine as quickly as possible what category one falls into, doesn't it? My husband always described it as not getting rid of the pain, but rather getting his mind to overlook it so he could focus on the things that interested him. He wasn't a fan of the fog brought on by opiod medications either.

I watched a panel recently that mentioned the possibility that chemovars high in myrcene and limonene may be more effective for pain management.

Day 60 - Ready for Your Close-Up?

We'll start with a close-up of the Blueberry top:
20180119_072408.jpg

Current stats and new photos:
pH — 6.3
TDS — 472
Water Temp — 57.2 (morning)
Tent Temp — 63.3 (median)
Tent RH — 43% (median)

Aerogarden Day 60
20180119_071536.jpg

Blueberry Day 60
20180119_071548.jpg

Tangerine Dream Day 60
20180119_071605.jpg

Blueberry Top Day 60
20180119_071641.jpg

Tangerine Dream Top Day 60
20180119_071658.jpg

And a closing close-up (bad focus, but beautiful colors):

20180119_072045.jpg

Cheers from the darkside

Re: Day 60 - Ready for Your Close-Up?

We'll start with a close-up of the Blueberry top:
20180119_072408.jpg

Current stats and new photos:
pH — 6.3
TDS — 472
Water Temp — 57.2 (morning)
Tent Temp — 63.3 (median)
Tent RH — 43% (median)

Aerogarden Day 60
20180119_071536.jpg

Blueberry Day 60
20180119_071548.jpg

Tangerine Dream Day 60
20180119_071605.jpg

Blueberry Top Day 60
20180119_071641.jpg

Tangerine Dream Top Day 60
20180119_071658.jpg

And a closing close-up (bad focus, but beautiful colors):

20180119_072045.jpg

Cheers from the darkside
Dam wolf are those still in that lil box thing u started them in i tried lookn at a few of ur pics and I cud tell if they r both still together also how many gallons water does that thing hold??

That Blueberry is gorgeous. She's definately close to the time to gift you with a small sample.

I'm an artist by nature and training, and I appreciated your inclusion of a less than crisp photo for the color. :battingeyelashes:

Re: Day 60 - Ready for Your Close-Up?

Dam wolf are those still in that lil box thing u started them in i tried lookn at a few of ur pics and I cud tell if they r both still together also how many gallons water does that thing hold??
Yes Blaze, still in the 1 gallon aerogarden, although probably less than a half gallon of space left since the roots have been filling it. But I attached a aero-voir reservoir to it to automatically give it up to a gallon of water after it started consuming a half gallon a day.

Cheers from the darkside

May I suggest you look into Callanetics? I maintain an off top is thread that's essentially my personal log, but I'm always open to advising students. I've been practicing consistently for over four years now, but I've been a sporatic practitioner since 1988, and I'm something of an authority on the national stage. I used to be more involved with the program before I found I had an unquenchible passion for medicinal cannabis. I started the thread on Callanetics to merge my worlds, so to speak. I needed it all to be here, in the virtual neighborhood where I spent most of my time.

I'm intrigued greatwolf. What doses did you start with, and how often were you dosing with? You're the first person I've met personally that used CBD alone to get away from oxy. When they put my late husband on it I let it go on for a month. After that initial period of little relief for the nasty side-effects we found a friend who traded us cannabis for the oxy. It meant he only had pain relief for two weeks out of the month because the cannabis always ran out too soon, but it was actual relief, and didn't come with the joys of constipation, a complication no dialysis patient needs to deal with.

Thank you for all that insight into pain response and cannabis. I'd have to agree with you across the board. This means it's to our benefit to determine as quickly as possible what category one falls into, doesn't it? My husband always described it as not getting rid of the pain, but rather getting his mind to overlook it so he could focus on the things that interested him. He wasn't a fan of the fog brought on by opiod medications either.

I watched a panel recently that mentioned the possibility that chemovars high in myrcene and limonene may be more effective for pain management.
I'll take a look at it. I still do my PT, upper body yoga, meditation, etc. And always try new things, which usually results in new pains. But not giving up.

Dosage is difficult, not because 3 years ago, but because fuzzy mind then. If I remember correct, first order was for 4 grams of 25% wax which lasted about a month, but was still taking oxy at the same time. Frequency was as needed, or speed when no improvement, of that makes sense. Neither I nor my Doctor were too concerned about quantity given no addiction concerns and low/non-existent LD50. After I stopped oxy, consumption went up to about 7 to 8 grams per month, until they started selling pure CBD and I could make my own ejuice as well as vape it direct. About 2 years later slabs then crumble came out. Didn't really care much for slabs but crumble works pretty good.

Very sorry to hear about the trials your late husband went through. When I started oxy I knew what was coming, so to speak, so greatly increased how much fruit I was eating, ate a fiber bar at least once a day, and a little bit of chocolate too. It wasn't perfect, but maintained a hard regularity, of you catch my drift. For 4 years.

In your case, where you're a caregiver to multiple people, it's even more difficult to determine what might be most helpful to different people. Blind testing , similar (not the same) as drug companies use, might be helpful. Also, I suspect that a mix of varieties might prove beneficial to many people. The old mutts are healthier than pure-bloods might hold true in medication here.

Glad you liked the photo too; it was just too pretty to discard.

I'm thinking early next week she'll give me the opportunity to make a small quantity of meds, than I can try and see if it works and at what dose. As I said, I'll decarb, use MCT (from coconut oil), add lecithin at the end, and put in 00 caps. This should be a good enough starting point. And soon after that the Tangerine Dream will provide with a sample to make meds from too.

Back to the darkside

I'll take a look at it. I still do my PT, upper body yoga, meditation, etc. And always try new things, which usually results in new pains. But not giving up.

Dosage is difficult, not because 3 years ago, but because fuzzy mind then. If I remember correct, first order was for 4 grams of 25% wax which lasted about a month, but was still taking oxy at the same time. Frequency was as needed, or speed when no improvement, of that makes sense. Neither I nor my Doctor were too concerned about quantity given no addiction concerns and low/non-existent LD50. After I stopped oxy, consumption went up to about 7 to 8 grams per month, until they started selling pure CBD and I could make my own ejuice as well as vape it direct. About 2 years later slabs then crumble came out. Didn't really care much for slabs but crumble works pretty good.

Very sorry to hear about the trials your late husband went through. When I started oxy I knew what was coming, so to speak, so greatly increased how much fruit I was eating, ate a fiber bar at least once a day, and a little bit of chocolate too. It wasn't perfect, but maintained a hard regularity, of you catch my drift. For 4 years.

In your case, where you're a caregiver to multiple people, it's even more difficult to determine what might be most helpful to different people. Blind testing , similar (not the same) as drug companies use, might be helpful. Also, I suspect that a mix of varieties might prove beneficial to many people. The old mutts are healthier than pure-bloods might hold true in medication here.

Glad you liked the photo too; it was just too pretty to discard.

I'm thinking early next week she'll give me the opportunity to make a small quantity of meds, than I can try and see if it works and at what dose. As I said, I'll decarb, use MCT (from coconut oil), add lecithin at the end, and put in 00 caps. This should be a good enough starting point. And soon after that the Tangerine Dream will provide with a sample to make meds from too.

Back to the darkside

i currently have issues and am working to get off oxy and fentanyl ive been trying to make my own oil but the only thing that works so far for the pain and withdraw is my dabs but thats a no no on here and ive gotten oil from a dispensary but i dont know how to make my oil like the kind u use threw a vape pen which i believe is the ejuice ur talking about so im wondering how exactly do u make it if u could let ur process exactly step by step that would be so cool man hope ur having a great day namaste

i currently have issues and am working to get off oxy and fentanyl ive been trying to make my own oil but the only thing that works so far for the pain and withdraw is my dabs but thats a no no on here and ive gotten oil from a dispensary but i dont know how to make my oil like the kind u use threw a vape pen which i believe is the ejuice ur talking about so im wondering how exactly do u make it if u could let ur process exactly step by step that would be so cool man hope ur having a great day namaste
Blaze, the ejuice I make is CBD only and is as follows:

I mix 50/50 VG/PG, usually making about 30ml at a time in a 60ml bottle. I fill a bowl with very hot water and place the 60ml bottle in there, letting the liquid heat up. I measure out about 100 mg of 100% pure CBD crystals and add this to the liquid, along with any liquid flavor drops. And then shake, and shake, and shake. It needs to be shaken a lot. I also shake it before adding it my device.

I've read, though not yet tried, that both CBD and THC are more soluble in PEG. And I've not yet had any product try any THC based ejuice, so I can't comment on that at this time.

Cheers from the darkside

The veg is vegetable glycerin right? And what is the PG and peg i believe u said
Yes, on VG. PG is propylene glycol and PEG is polyethylene glycol, but there are several (200, 300, 400, at least) and not sure which one(s) to use since I haven't tried it myself.

Back to the darkside

Yes, on VG. PG is propylene glycol and PEG is polyethylene glycol, but there are several (200, 300, 400, at least) and not sure which one(s) to use since I haven't tried it myself.

Back to the darkside

For the poly glycol is this what u mean r does it gotta be liquid r sum other type or do u not know that

20180121_071221.jpg

Well that just went way over my head lol. Thank You for your reply on page 4 about the Twisted Sister, Greatwolf ! The plants are looking gourgis for 60 days :thumb: Buying around here you never know what ur getting till you try it out and for pain (neck , back, hip) i have it makes a Big difference ! What i have now Will put you to sleep in about 1/2 J so morning relief is nit happening . I have been lookin into what i think ? will work and this is helping me make some decisions to what to purchase , i have a list of difft. strains and will add these to it after the results are in . Have been looking at some aerogarden systems 30-45 watts. just not able to purchase at this time // hopefully my disability will go through after waiting 3 yrs. now and trying to find a Good lawyer that understands NOT EVERYONE HAS HAD A PERFECT LIFE!!! i HAVE NEVER BEEN SO BROKE IN MY LIFE !

Well that just went way over my head lol. Thank You for your reply on page 4 about the Twisted Sister, Greatwolf ! The plants are looking gourgis for 60 days :thumb: Buying around here you never know what ur getting till you try it out and for pain (neck , back, hip) i have it makes a Big difference ! What i have now Will put you to sleep in about 1/2 J so morning relief is nit happening . I have been lookin into what i think ? will work and this is helping me make some decisions to what to purchase , i have a list of difft. strains and will add these to it after the results are in . Have been looking at some aerogarden systems 30-45 watts. just not able to purchase at this time // hopefully my disability will go through after waiting 3 yrs. now and trying to find a Good lawyer that understands NOT EVERYONE HAS HAD A PERFECT LIFE!!! i HAVE NEVER BEEN SO BROKE IN MY LIFE !
Smokes, the only reason I'm using an aerogarden is because I've already got two (my wife and I use them for seed starting for outdoor vegetable garden). For starting from scratch, I'd pick a rectangular plastic container in a solid color(so no light gets in), with a lid that fastens on pretty good. Figure 1 to 2 gallons per auto or 3 gallons per standard stain. For example, our local general dollar store has a 12 gallon plastic container that the lid locks down on for $7. I believe it would be perfect for growing up to 6 autos in, depending on the variety. You also need an air pump and air stones.

I'd still use the little aerogarden plastic inserts and seed holders as I prefer them to the large baskets with round clay stones. Just my preference. Spend the bigger money on a COB LED, it's worth it. But you don't need a name brand one(at least I didn't).

Let me know if you have questions, and there are many others here too; check out the Auto Growers Unite thread, some great people and discussions about growing.

Cheers from the darkside

Would I use distilled water?? Or what do I use?
Sorry, you need the liquid form of PEG as far as I know. Try looking up PEG200 and PEG400, these are two that I have seen referenced. Note that I have not used them.

Also, some use Ejmix to dissolve cannabis extracts, and it contains a mix of PG and different PEGs

Back
Top Bottom