Green Closet's First LED Soil Grow - Blue Dream - Sour Diesel - God Bud

Re: Green Closet's first LED soil grow - blue dream, sour diesel, god bud?

Thanks for stopping by Fox, yeah the fox farm nutes got me early on and set me back a little. The plants all recooperated really well from it though. It hurt to kill the other plants because they were looking super healthy and starting to push out little buds. There were just a couple branches that had balls though so they got the chop.

An no problem dude, I always try to help out if I can. Glad to hear she's doing well, i gotta stop by your journal and check it out.

Joe, I'm not positive if it's true or not but I heard that if there are less leaves the clone focuses less energy on photosynthesis and more energy on creating roots. I don't know if that's true or not though. It's gotta be a fine balance because the clone basically uses what leaves it has left as food.

I'm in. looking good.

You´re Welcome :thumb:
Nutes with "Fox" name on them? I would be careful on the dosages, lol, kidding but serious at the same time :ganjamon:
If she recouped well, it seems you got yourself a strong hybrid. I feel ya on the males, my first round with the tent was a regular Skunk seed I had left from the previous grow. I was thinking of going the mother-clone route myself but it turned out a male. Quite desapointing after a long veg. but if it turned out well i would save a bunch on seeds.

An no problem dude, I always try to help out if I can
:high-five:
Same here. That attitude is above any reproach sir & I try the same but, honestly, I still see myself as being in the first years of an intensive lifetime course :)

:green_heart:

So whats your final word on those gel cups? The powder is by far the worst choice. Its better then nothing but eh if I decide to add clones to any of my grows gel will be what I use. Clonex. Last time I cloned I just grew the clone right on the plant. Cut a little knick in the plant put the gel in that knick you made wrap it in some soil around the cut and then secure it with foil and tape. In about a week or 2 you will have roots in that foil wrap so finish cutting it free where you cut the knick and plant. Easy peezy. Have the instructions in my blog for anyone interested. Well let me know how the gel cup worked for you. Take it easy

Thanks Broke, yeah shes doing really well, throwing bud sites out all over the place. I almost feel like she has too many.. And I know the pink LED photos are annoying, sorry for that, t's just more convenient than removing her just to take photos as she's getting fairly large now and I only like to remove her to water. I gotta put a regular light in there just so I can take photos. And hopefully the gel cups work. What appealed to me the most was how easy and convenient they are..

Joe i think he was referring to the clones?? If so, is that sound advice with having only two leaves on them? A couple have four.

In the past I've used agar to root cuttings. You can buy agar at an Asian grocery. They sell packages of flavored agar and I've used the almond. It's really just sugar, water, gelatin and artificial flavor. I've also used Jello or just plain gelatin, sold at any grocery store anywhere in the baking aisle. There is no sugar in the plain gelatin. It's in an old fashioned labeled, orange box. Works great.

Mini Update:

Back from my weekend away. The clones are still looking healthy, no roots yet though.
IMG_045122.jpg

Haven't gotten a chance to snap a picture of Big Momma. Her trichome production has really started up though. She's looking pretty good aside from some spotting on her lower leaves, which I think may be a lockout situation. I've flushed with clear water the last two waterings though and haven't seen it get any worse so hopefully thats what it was. Ill post some pictures of her soon.

Yeah if there are no new symtoms and it isnt spreading it is already dealt with. Just dont expect the affected leaves to get healthy again.

Nice start to hopefully a fruitful flowering cycle

Update- 31 days after flip:

Here she is 31 days after flipping to 12/12. She appeared to have a lockout as well as some nute burn a week ago. I flushed her twice then gave her a mild dose of nutrients. She didn't appear to like the nutrient dose, so today I flushed her with 1 gallon of water mixed with bush doctor sledgehammer followed by 1 gallon of water mixed with bush doctor microbe brew. Here she is after the flushing today.
IMG_046631.jpg
IMG_045831.jpg
IMG_045731.jpg
IMG_046429.jpg
IMG_045932.jpg

And her are some of the affected leaves that showed the signs of the apparent lock out. (hopefully thats what this situation is)
IMG_046224.jpg
IMG_046126.jpg
IMG_046025.jpg

Hopefully after this flushing today shell rebound and the damage won't spread. I'll keep you all posted. :thumb:
Oh! almost forgot, the clones are still trucking along, however they haven't sprouted any roots, there aren't even showing any signs of roots. It's been over a week now, would it have happened by now if it were going to happen?
Thanks for stopping by!:cheer:

minor cal mag issue make sure it doesn't progress. great looking plants :high-five:

over all looking good,:bravo:

Hopefully after this flushing today shell rebound and the damage won't spread. I'll keep you all posted. :thumb:
Hopefully

minor cal mag issue

I thought the same thing, the rusty spots on the leaves looks like calcium deficiency. I've been feeding her cal mag almost every watering though, so I feel like it had to be from nutrient buildup in the soil. In between feedings I was only feeding her 1 gallon of regular water though which may not have been enough to completely flush the soil of excess salts. I'm going to start flushing her with two gallons of water in between each feeding. Any thoughts?

most likely burn like you think. good eye :high-five:

I would not flush her because it'll throw off the other nutrients. just back off the cal mag a little.

Personally, I think a good flush was smart. Wait and see what happens before flushing more though.

Yeah I think the flush helped out. It's been a little more than a week now, some of the older fan leaves have yellowed and fallen off but it looks like the problem has slowed if not stopped. I'll post se pictures after work today. Buds are starting to look tasty!

PICS! Let's see how she responded to the flush Green.

Back
Top Bottom