Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

Calvados

Hi. This is my second indoor grow. Big takeaway from the first grow is journal everything. Do this logically.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I did a bit of homework to come up with Green Crack. It sounds like good fun. I enjoy getting high. It's my cocktail. I'm in my 60s. Aches and pains just come with the territory. This is purely recreational. I had 7 plants on my first grow. I think that was 5 to many, so I'm going to try and fill the tent with two (3 if they all live). I'm hoping for a pound of buds. or I'll trade that for a couple of ounces if it lives up to its hype.

I live in the UK.

I have a 4 x 4 (1.2m x 1.2m) tent.

300W (bought for £260), 450W (bought for £120)

Soil is Canna Terra Professional Plus - I'm not a professional, but I have counterfeit ID. So no worries. Recommended PH for this medium is 5.8 - 6.2. I used this for my first grow and had NO IDEA that the PH wasn't suppose to be 6.5 until half way through the veg state.

Neuts: Canna Risotonic, Canna Boost, Canna Cannazym, Canne Terre Flores, Canne Terre Veg, Canna PK13/14. Vitalink Cal Mag. I think that's it.

3 x Green Crack CBD (Humboldt)

IMG_76777.JPG

I have dropped these into a Scotch glass with tap water. Tomorrow I will stick them in a wet paper towel and put that into a plastic box with a loose lid. I will stick it into a closet and have a look in on the second day ... bombs away.

Day 8 above ground. I put them under a veg light 5 days ago and found some small air pots that should be better than the normal ones. We shall see. Foliar feeding daily.

IMG_77106.JPG

18/9 Repotted to 4 gallon airpots. 18 days above ground. Watered new pots and then transplanted. Roots in old pots were 1/2 full of roots. Very easy to switch. Foliar feeding daily seems to make them happy.

Neuts per 10 liter: Cannazym 25mm, Canna Rhizotonic 20mm, Canna Vega 20mm

IMG_77176.JPG

A bit drunk and had a look in. I managed to split one of the plants down the middle. I was splaying the top most branch and considering using wire to keep it going horizontally. My first thought was frimming? Nope. Bad move. I hit it with foliar feeding. We shall see how it goes.

Day 38

Had a bit of an issue last week with spider mites and fruit flies. Sprayed with some bug spray. Seems to have worked. The split stem looks to have healed up nicely.
IMG_77368.JPG
IMG_77327.JPG

Hi TOD. Welcome aboard. I switched to 12/12 today and modified the neuts per the Canna schedule below. I'm thinking I'm on Veg Phase II. Still coming across fruit flies, which is annoying. I'm sure I brought them in because I didn't thoroughly clean one of the air pots. They are proving to be a pain in the ass. Did not have them for the first grow. Not sure how much it has to do with the airpots. I had stagnant water at the beginning underneath the pots. I've since put a towel down.

Neut schedule and PH for Canna Professional Plus

early veg pH 5,8
full veg, pH 5,9
early flower pH 6,0,
late flower. pH 6,2 (when PK is given)

I pulled this from an old 420 thread that I have read several times and still learn from.

Soil conundrum!?

Canna_Neut_Schedule.JPG

Aside from one plant which I over trained and broke off most of a main branch everything's going well. I've had zero bad reactions from the neuts. I can see that I'm going to have 4 main COLAS per plant assuming the broken one survives it's trauma. I've just propped the broken one back up and hope that it takes. It's not looking good, but we shall see. I split another straight down the middle a coupe of weeks ago and wired it together. It's doing great now. I probably strengthened the plant. What I learned is you have to move the branches slowly and by degree each day. If you apply too much pressure, they break. The one I'm worried about broke sometime after I increased the tension. It's been three days and the leaves on that branch are not happy. They break a lot easier than I realized.

Hi Pharmgreen. Any and all comments are most welcome. I got a bit of neut burn from the new batch of water, and or about a thousand other things it could be. Pretty sure everything's fine. The broken branch is holding its own too. I'll give it a week and if it's not significantly better I I'll chop it off. One of the mistakes I made on the first grow was not trimming enough and trying to hang on to every part of every plant. In the end that just reduced the size and quality of the crop.

Disaster strikes. I wish I knew what I was doing. I'm not sure if these are from bugs, the bug spray, or something else entirely. Plenty of little flies today. Very few adults. Yesterday I sprayed the leaves under and over as well as the top soil with a mild spray. Clearly that doesn't work. Today I used the stronger one for the top and soil. Looking at the underside of the leaves I didn't see larva. I'm using airpots. I think they are breeding in the holes. Sprayed them with the stronger insecticide. If this gets out of control, I'm gonna repot them or pull the plug and start over. Discouraged and worried.

IMG_774114.JPG
IMG_774910.JPG
IMG_77507.JPG
IMG_77529.JPG
IMG_77539.JPG
IMG_77558.JPG
IMG_77566.JPG

The more I look at it the more I think it has to do with the foliar spraying I did and maybe in combo with the lights which are now full spectrum. If that's the case it should be ok.

Checked them out today. Killed a dozen or so flies and pulled the upper branches out a bit more. They are definitely filling out and stretching. Aside from the damaged leaves they look fine. I've posted to the old person section of the growers lounge for advice.

IMG_77586.JPG

I got some used lights coming today (2 x Mar Hydro II 900 watt), which I got on Ebay cheap. I was going to buy a cheaper addition, but got carried away. I'm debating hooking them both up or just the one. Researching I came across this old article, which is very instructive for understanding PAR and Lumens. If you look at the other categories at the top, it trashes a lot of the manufacturers (including Mars), but this was some time ago. Hopefully things have moved on.

PAR and Lumens — Compare LED Grow Lights

Day 47 and Day 7 of flower. Watered. These air pots are a pain in the ass to fully water. Water slops out the side. I stuck them in the shower and persevered. Aside from this I am reasonably informed that my soil is infected with mold gnats. I will get some nematode solution tomorrow and add it to my watering. I like the soil, but I think next time I'll go for the burlap type of pot.

The stretch is on. I switched out the lights to 1 Mars Hydro II 900 watt. Why? I can't help fiddling and it was £110. It's really heavy. The tent is brighter and more uniform. According to MH it's a bit to small for the tent. I asked about putting the second one in and they said it would cause damage. I don't understand why, but I'll follow what they are saying. Depending on how the plants stretch I will add one or two of the original lights at a tilt some time in the future. One more week of Veg neuts and then on to the Canna Flores.

IMG_77635.JPG

The one on the right is now a tripod. The branch I broke didn't recover well, so I performed surgery. I'm LSTing two of the branches to that side to get a more uniform distribution.

They are growing like weeds.

Back
Top Bottom