Green Crack first grow - Should I start lowering nutes to flush?

Flunkie91

420 Member
So this is my first grow, like an idiot I lost the paper I was keeping my log on so I don't exactly know how old they are. I am currently running 1400 ppm of nutes as recommended by technaflora receipe for success, I was thinking about slowly starting to lower that over the next few weeks until flush, I'm just now starting to see some red hairs, but they are really filling out so I don't think I'm to far away. Should I keep it at 1400 ppm until flush? Or slowly work it down? Also i will have a pic attached if y'all could give me a guesstimate of how long I got until flush I would appreciate it, ebb and flow btw under 1000w hps sealed room w/environmental controller set at 50 percent humidity, and 84 degrees with 1200 ppm co2

Damn dude, you are nailing the first grow. Congratulations on that!

To be safe.....what was your flip day....no idea? You have a loupe where you can use it to check trichome color? The golden rule is when your white hairs start to Orange up and curl back into the bud, its time to start seriously looking at trichomes.......Opinions vary but I like my trichomes mostly cloudy with a few ambers mixed in. Once my trichomes start clouding up, I'll start my 7 day flush. Not sure of the duration of a flush on an ebb and flow table but essentially that's the idea.

Damn dude, you are nailing the first grow. Congratulations on that!

To be safe.....what was your flip day....no idea? You have a loupe where you can use it to check trichome color? The golden rule is when your white hairs start to Orange up and curl back into the bud, its time to start seriously looking at trichomes.......Opinions vary but I like my trichomes mostly cloudy with a few ambers mixed in. Once my trichomes start clouding up, I'll start my 7 day flush. Not sure of the duration of a flush on an ebb and flow table but essentially that's the idea.

Thank y'all it's been a long way coming at first it was almost a full time job, I literally spent probably over a hundred hours researching and reading right and wrong ways to every part of the grow, but no i don't remember the flip day, I wrote it down but can't remember where, I have since started keeping a journal for my other grows I got coming up, I feel like it's taken way longer than it should have for these to get this big but I'm sure it just feels that way lol, I do have a loupe and I think I need a 2 day flush but didn't know if i should start diluting my nutes down as I get closer to the flush.

Screw that....maximize until you flush. Get as much volume from them as you can. Now that you've clearly got your system dialled in, the hours will pay off large. Congrats Flunkie!

Screw that....maximize until you flush. Get as much volume from them as you can. Now that you've clearly got your system dialled in, the hours will pay off large. Congrats Flunkie!
Ok awesome just what I needed to know, I added bloombastic last week or so and they have really thickened up since then.

Thanks everyone

You know..... the single dwc buckets that I've done in the past have always been set at 5.7 on a Wednesday and left alone. No adjustments whatsoever. The following Wednesday, yeah they are definitely out of whack but the plant has taken it all in stride. Single DWC buckets that I've done in the past have always been set a 5.7 on a Wednesday and left alone. When I renewed my buckets, backup to 5.7 and let nature take its course. Not sure exactly what the situation is on an ebb and flow table but I can't imagine it would be that much different. That's just my experience.

Also it's pretty normal having to ph down my resivour atleast every other day right? It gradually rises over a day or two out of range (above 6.3) I try to keep it around 5.7
Your plants are still taking the nutrients that they need from the water when you're reservoir gets out of whack like that, they are just not taking it as efficiently as they could be. Keeping it out 5.7 is in my opinion the ideal number for uptake of all trace minerals as well.

Your plants are still taking the nutrients that they need from the water when you're reservoir gets out of whack like that, they are just not taking it as efficiently as they could be. Keeping it out 5.7 is in my opinion the ideal number for uptake of all trace minerals as well.
Ya, and it's a fairly small res like 8 gallons with 9 plants on It someone else said that could have something to do with it. It's just a pain having to adjust ph everyday

My first real grow aswell brother. Hope my baby comes out as good as yours. Ive ditched my hard copy diary and replaced it with a journal on here. Cant lose the internet lol. Also if the popo come through the door I havent got a written confession sitting in my draw lol. Of course that means having to update every day, but who cares? Just means your journals more active and more people will be inclined to wanna see it if it keeps popping up on the news feed which=more professional opinions and help :). But yer I flipped my girl exactly 2 weeks ago now and I would have ended up asking the same question eventually so blessings brother!. Your girl looks sexy!

My first real grow aswell brother. Hope my baby comes out as good as yours. Ive ditched my hard copy diary and replaced it with a journal on here. Cant lose the internet lol. Also if the popo come through the door I havent got a written confession sitting in my draw lol. Of course that means having to update every day, but who cares? Just means your journals more active and more people will be inclined to wanna see it if it keeps popping up on the news feed which=more professional opinions and help :). But yer I flipped my girl exactly 2 weeks ago now and I would have ended up asking the same question eventually so blessings brother!. Your girl looks sexy!

Ya I just love a paper copy tho, I'm fucked if the po lice come in either way lol, I do write dates in code using letters instead of numbers, so 5-3 may 3rd I write E-C. Prob wouldn't help me much tho lol

There you go, you just confirmed that it works. For all those in the future who are contemplating whether or not to write a journal. I think they're indispensable. Even if you're learning by default.

There you go, you just confirmed that it works. For all those in the future who are contemplating whether or not to write a journal. I think they're indispensable. Even if you're learning by default.
Oh yer definitely. I had a bit of knowledge and did a lot of research before hand but I now KNOW 100% if it wasnt for this place and the people who have offered help my girls would be dead lol.

You know what man, it was like a year ago this week that I joined this site. I had never seen a marijuana plant alive before that. Now I've got a dedicated grow space and I'm pulling pop can size colas off my plants. I wouldn't have being able to do it without this place either......were all in great hands!

Back
Top Bottom