Green Crack - SCROG - 600W HPS/MH - Regular Updates

akmag357

GREEN CRACK:
Number of plants ONE (SCOG) method will be used due to height restriction and type of equipment.
Green crack overall had particularly favorable grow qualities when I experimented with topping methods and experimental clones. My first toping of all strains at the same time and same cuts on all was an experiment on which of the strains had the ability to yield explosive bush growth with very fast recovery. For me GC was an obvious first. Purple Kush was a semi close second.
Why Green Crack:
Previous grow was one of each strains Purple kush, Blueberry, White widow and Green crack. (Crop Kings)
I rejected to following strains from my project because:
I found blueberry to have very picky successful stipulations .An auto reject for my project.
Purple Kush also with a rival thriver in germ and in veg. A tough call but purple has a high potency from very early on and fell behind in the charge.
My white Widow.. the team i was rooting for!
just simply did not thrive in the conditions i gave it. although it was the fastest in germ and early veg.

All of my considerations when picking which strain to just grow one of is based all on having a successful first time SCOG grow and choose a proper candidate, the pleasure of the experience growing each type of strain and the success rate of the stresses I will induce for my project on my experimental grow. Heavy topping, cloning, Slightly elevated heat within environment 28.5 C average.
The only variable on the smoking side that is an opponent when considering what strain to grow GC to me is the project beast buddy...An adventure enhancer and mind devil. I love it. I also love manipulating plants into pieces of art. And the decision was easy. Lucky for me.
I am giving myself a 2 month down time from now to prepare. I will provide in this project a one on one look at growing Green Crack SCOG method using these variables:

Grow space:
3.5 x 3.5 x 5'
fully lined and has a max temp of 28.5 C lights on and drops to an average of 19 -20 C lights out.
A very consistent humidity of 38%, home to 12 "wide by 15" T pots full of a standard miracle grow mix from home depot.
Large fan with excellent flow.
For my new method a much larger pot will be used.

Lights:
600 W HPS/MH
x3 80W mostly reds led bulbs (MORSEN) never buy these bulbs, unscrewing one may cause it to fall apart.
bought 7 and 3 remain just by unscrewing them from socket. The ones that failed had about 2 or 3 weeks use.
I also will use a panel of four T5HO 2700K 2232 lumen 24 watt bulbs giving the belly a glow.

Fertz being used.
Veg
Bio Thrive grow mix 4-3-3
15-30-15 Magic grow (yes its for blooming I know)
These plants all responded better with lighter feedings
Flower
Bio Thrive Bloom 2-4-4 for base and Big Bud 0-1-3 as well added 15-30-15 with feedings.
I found that using anymore then about 50% of recommended usage was grounds for burning. Best results were a tad under 50% potency.
Watering: I water when the soil sucks back from the pot and when the pot is somewhere around the weight of a pot full of dry soil. I'll never wait this long of course for this is too long.

Tips are welcomed to those with experience growing GC or using SCOG
As stated this will commence early NOV. From start to finish I will keep posted regular updates and comments/experiences.

Good Intro Akmag, let's get to it... I look forward to November, make sure to give this thread a hump now and then so it stays In the current journals section. I'll wait patiently while you prepare for November, don't worry I brought a :bong:,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Awesome, I am excited! I would love feedback on strain in all experience walks. So we can all fine tune our glory via experience when growing particular strains.
By the way I want my next grow to be hydro.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom