Green Crack Under Light Manipulation

Good Day All,

Today I am starting a grow journal with light manipulation. You ask what is light manipulation is, I will explain it better as we progress thought this grow. The Green Crack I am using for this experiment is a feminize seed I made a few years ago. I plan on showing you how to get the maximum potential from your LED. The light will be on for 21 hours and 36 minutes, followed by 12 hour of darkness.

Here is the basic light schedule I will be following for the whole grow.

Day 1 – Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 – Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 – Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 – Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 – Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

I am currently getting everything setup; so it may be a couple days before I can provide update and images.

More to come soon.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thanks for stopping by @HappyHazmat88 , @Rexer and @Sativa1970

Wow, I normally don't get this mush traffic. Anyways, I have been thinking about doing this type of light control for awhile; so here we go. I decided to use Green Crack, since I grew and enjoyed this strain for a couple years and nothing else. I will be using GH nutrients, most likely.

1 Nutrient cabinet.jpg

I probably won't mention the light I am using because this is not a sponsor grow. I will say it is a very common light. Currently, I programed the time and testing the on/off controls
Here are some current images to show how early I am introducing light manipulation. It is my understanding that this works best with photoperiod plants so I choose a feminized seed to eliminated any guessing.

Green Crack - 1-21.jpg

Green Crack - 1-23.jpg

Green Crack - 1-25a.jpg

Green Crack - 1-26.jpg

Green Crack - 1-27.jpg

Green Crack - Light Manipulation - 1-31.jpg

Green Crack - Light Manipulation - 1-31a.jpg

Green Crack - Light Manipulation - 2-03.jpg

Like I said earlier, I am testing the timer.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends.

Just want to do a short update.
Still trying to figure out how to many the timer work with 10 positions for the week and not 14 position. Any suggestion?
This may be the hardest part of this grow.
There are 14 time slots when scheduling during a normal week of on and off. This schedule of 21hrs and 36 minutes on and 12 hrs. off, is making it tough to make a recurring cycle.
Basically. I am trying to put a 10 on/off periods in a 14 slot week.

I schedule the same as above but only works during the week, and stops on the weekend.
Still playing, but open to ideas.
How much time between photos?

I am not sure I understand your question @HappyHazmat88

Just want to do a short update.
Still trying to figure out how to many the timer work with 10 positions for the week and not 14 position. Any suggestion?
This may be the hardest part of this grow.
There are 14 time slots when scheduling during a normal week of on and off. This schedule of 21hrs and 36 minutes on and 12 hrs. off, is making it tough to make a recurring cycle.
Basically. I am trying to put a 10 on/off periods in a 14 slot week.

I schedule the same as above but only works during the week, and stops on the weekend.
Still playing, but open to ideas.

I am not sure I understand your question @HappyHazmat88
Oh sorry. "How long between photos?" The above pics are one plant? Or two? So that's why I was asking as she has grown quick if it's one plant.....sorry should be more specific when typing lol green gets me sometimes

Okay, I think I got it.

"How long between photos?
I currently have two plants going; a Golden Tiger which is a regular seed that I picked out for a female (she is going into the third week of flower, and still no cojones). And, the one I will be trying this on is a feminized Green Crack.

If I figure out how to set this timer for an manipulated light grow.

Anyways the Golden Tiger was veg for about 7 weeks and needs to go under the net soon, like real soon. If I don't figure out how to program my power strip timer, she will go under the net this week. I may move her to the 2x4 net; so I can play big with the Green Crack. Oh ya, on week three of 14 weeks of flower.

The above pics are one plant? Or two?
When I decided to grow larger plants, I only put one plant per tent. I have a 2x4 and a 4x4 tent.

So that's why I was asking as she has grown quick if it's one plant.
This is a some what difficult question to answer, mainly because The Green Crack is a fast grow strain, I am hoping for a 4/20 harvest with a lot of lucky. But if I may be off by a week or two for a large scrog. If you notice she is under a small grow light that cost about 10 bucks or less, and the light has not slowed her.

Hey Tok! Just found this. I'm in for sure! I love fun experiments. I'm not really up on this methodology honestly. I am intrigued to say the least. What are you hoping to accomplish with this experiment? What are the overall benefits?

As for the timer issues? I'm not sure I understand what kind of timer/power strip you have. I would recommend a wifi strip so you can program it to the minute more easily. You are doing something quite different than most people would use it for, but it is doable. It will take a lot of time having to get it all setup but afterward should be straightforward. Let me know if I can help somehow.

Thanks for stopping by @BakedARea and congratulations on your long overdue recognition.

I have not tried this myself, but have been wanting too for a while. Also, You caught me showing my age again; I did not know they made wifi power strips. I just order two, should only take a couple days to get them and program them. It's a total headache, trying to do this schedule 7 days in 5 days with regular power strips.

So, basically this is what I am trying to accomplish:

To maximize total amount of light absorbed by the plant. I have not tried this, but I have a good idea on what I want to do and if it works, it will:

1. Show that it may be possible to get more vibrant growth and flowering with this light schedule.

2. If grown under the right conditions; I can surpass normal strain yields.

At least this is the plan. We'll see. :rofl:

You caught me showing my age again; I did not know they made wifi power strips. I just order two, should only take a couple days to get them and program them.
Which ones did you end up ordering? I have a couple. I particularly enjoy getting my daily notifications when my lights turn on and when they turn off. Makes me feel better about it. Plus the app tells you if they are on or off.

The scheduling should be easier. I'm not sure why you can't use a specific time everyday and make that repeat though? Again, my ignorance is showing about this technique. I hope it turns out amazing either way!

I ended up buying an Alexa also, had no use for one before. :rofl:

31kVGoXLB9L._SX90_.jpg

CE Smart Home Wi-Fi Power Strip, 6 Outlets, Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Siri Shortcuts

51ydNSj0AiL._SY90_.jpg

Echo Dot (4th Gen, 2020 release) | Smart speaker with Alexa | Charcoal

41MRW2Nq98L._SY90_.jpg

Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300, Surge Protector with 6 Individually Controlled Smart Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Works with Alexa & Google Home, No Hub Required
You're going to like being able to control all that via wifi. Good call on the Kasa strip. I have a lot of Kasa smart devices and they all work great. If I am correct, you should be able to schedule your tasks (light schedules) via voice commands by Alexa!

I'm still not understanding the 36 minutes though. Haaa haaa. And I'm not even baked right now! :laugh::nerd-with-glasses::nerd-with-glasses::nerd-with-glasses: But I like where this is heading!

Yup WiFi power bars are awesome. I've been using one since my first grow.

I even integrated a water sensor to detect leaks and turn the water pump off via WiFi power bar.

Your gonna love it Tok, once it's setup.

Oh sorry. "How long between photos?" The above pics are one plant? Or two? So that's why I was asking as she has grown quick if it's one plant.....sorry should be more specific when typing lol green gets me sometimes
Hell I just don't get what this is supposed to do.

When it comes to growing, I believe we forgot more then we currently know, and the only way to get this information back is to experiment. Beside this is going to be interesting one way or another. I have other ways of playing also. I was going to buy Kasa strips, I don't know why I did not.

@Rexer the writings are on the wall- update and upgrade.

Kind a looking forward to see how they would.
Oh I'm watching this thread of yours like a hawk Tok.

Im starting to venture into Photoperiods (finally!), and this is right up my alley. It's something I'd be very keen on trying once my clones are ready... and it's time for them to grow them out (spring?).

Edit- don't be shy to ask Baked or I for help setting it up!

Hell I just don't get what this is supposed to do.
This is an experiment so I guess we will all find out.

This is a copy and paste from the post at the beginning of the journal. I am going to try it for most of the grow until harvest. Veg. and flower.

How Do I Manipulate The Photoperiod For Larger Yields?​

The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate: Daylength of 21 hours, 36 minutes with a dark period of 12 hours. To accomplish this, you need a 7 day, 24 hour digital timer. During a 7 day calendar week on Earth, the “sun” only cycles 5 times. This permits easily switching back to the regular 12/12 at your discretion. You may want to only alter during peak flower production to stimulate the plant’s metabolism. Using this photoperiod throughout the flowering cycle will cause this:

A variety that takes 49 days of 12/12 to mature, won’t see 49 – 12 hour dark periods under 21:36/12 until almost 10 calendar weeks have passed. The total increase in light energy is almost 80%, which will produce larger yields, if all of your other environmental conditions are kept optimal. The total increase in flowering period is only 40%, half the potential room for improvement. This means you don’t have to be perfect to win out.

Selective application of the 21:36/12 photoperiod for only 1 or 2 weeks extends the wait only 2 to 4 Earth days, which makes up the missing 2 complete day and night cycles each week on Planet Ito. This permits the additional light energy to be provided without purchasing additional equipment or overloading existing circuits, which maximizes the existing system’s capabilities. The main advantage is that matched with co2 and optimal nutrition, the plants metabolism will increase dramatically. I have only successfully tested this photoperiod for two weeks. The potential for a net increase of 40% over the entire cycle (80% increase in light energy vs. 40% longer wait) is worthwhile. Don’t be afraid!

Day 1 – Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 – Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 – Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 – Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 – Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

Author: MisterIto

Back
Top Bottom