Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

Well, we had a thunderstorm last nite that dropped about 3/4" of rain. My new configuration on the greenhouse had a conflict !!! I think I had overwatered already and was waiting for Angie and Beulah to dry out but now they've had MORE!!
I put a 20" box fan about 6 feet away when it gets hot but I try to baffle the wind, anyway this plant has had droopy leaves for a couple of weeks - I had fed it some Golfgreen Tomato fertilizer (6-12-12) that you mix into the soil - I then got nervous and replaced the top layer with Miraclegro potting soil about a week ago. Can anyone guess what these leaves are trying to tell me?? Part windburn, over fertilized or almost guaranteed over watered.

I'm too green to know, but I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Do you give your plants a nice dry cycle in between feedings? Throwing that fertilizer might have made everything wonky. This is just me, but I would wait till she dries out and give her a good flush of lots of clean ph’d water. Let her dry out like the Sahara desert, then feed her again with about a half dose of nutrients.

But for me to determine exactly what’s wrong with her, wether it’s wind, water fertilizer or a deficiency, I would need a few more pictures of the plant, including the soil in a photo.

Thanx Back - I'll get some more shots tomorrow. My plan was to let her dry right out and that thunderstorm threw a wrench into that. That got me working on the greenhouse fast!!!! Then I go back in the forest and one of the girls was bent all the way to the ground so I get her strung up nice. The damn mosquitoes sure take most of the fun out of working back there. On the bright side, on closer inspection, another of my group of renegades may be hiding another girl!!! In my rush to get things sorted and repotted, etc. I may have jumped the gun. I may just chop the boys and leave her where she is - I don't think digging her up and moving her would do her much good. Wild Child may produce just fine.

Here are a few shots - it seems to be the bottom 4 fans leaves - and one above that seems to be starting to discolour
It's hard to get a good shot of the complete plant - hard to find a contrasting backdrop.

Today I am building a clear cover (just a roof) for the outdoor gals - what a hodge podge I have going!!! If the mosquitoes aren't too bad I will have a closer look at what I think is a girl forest dweller. She tricked me on the initial identification. I don't think I will bother with saving the dudes - I'll have enough to do with the girls.

OK - so I was wrong - again - no more girls in the forest!!! Darn!!! I hope someone is working on a heat resistant strain - it was 34 C here today in the shade - I ended up taking the window out of the end of my greenhouse and mounting it on a frame so that I can swing it completely up and allow maximum airflow....there better be a great big huge high at the end of all this work - I'm sweatin' like a hooker in church !!!!
My girls have not dried up totally yet and I took the real crappy looking fan leaves (4) off - I got tired of looking at them.
I'm thinking of trying a bit of epsom salt and possible a smidge of vinegar. My soil seems to be sitting close to 7. The rain water seems to be neutral but the soil not so much.
Thoughts??
I think I will top one more of the girls and try cloning - she is already too tall for my outdoor cover - I'll photo tomorrow. I want to put a clear cover over them just to protect from too much rain, for sure when they flower. Gosh I hope I get to that point!!

I got the cover up on DeeDee and Caryl and gave them both a haircut and am trying three rootings. And my window tip out on the end of the greenhouse. I'm still torn between letting them dry out a bit more or adding some vinegar mix or some epsom salts mix to adjust the PH and calcium.
My greenhouse is now almost a frame with closures!!

I gave DeeDee a drink with vinegar and a good drink of rain water - the other three don't look too bad yet - I want to see if the vinegar has much reaction before I dose the rest of them. My soil ph is sitting just under 7 according to my el cheapo Walmart 3 in 1 meter.

Help !!! Is 8 days a long time to wait for soil to dry?? My moisture meter says that 6" down is wet but no issues that look like dryness but this progression scares me... the 1st and 2nd pics were taken one day apart. I gave it a 1/2 gal drink with some epsom salts...and now I wait....

Ok so.. no! Mistakes are good, they’re almost embarrassing but that’s what makes people learn. Yes miracle grow is not a recommendation of soil to use for pot plants. Yes it works, and yes it gets the job done, but how are you supposed to know that, right? That’s what this grow is for. You figure out all the ins and outs, the do’s and the don’ts. Don’t be ashamed on what you don’t know, we’ll get you to the finish line.

Let’s get rid of that other thread, and post anything to do with your project/grow. Post it here :laughtwo: Let’s keep it all in one. No confusion that way haha :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom