Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

Well, the carnage seems to be continuing - the affected fan leaves look worse and there seems to be more and it is on some of the smaller flower bearing branches as well. I will watch for new growth - anything else I should watch for?????
Should I think about doing another flush or wait for a few days??

I took some of the bad leaves off - couldn't stand to look at them any more!! They were never recovering anyway...more and more of them are starting to look like the left side of this one - I'll get another pic of this one tomorrow to see the progression. I'm thinking that the heat is throwing an addition wrench into the works. If my back gets itself straightened out a little I'm going to move her outside once she has dried out a little. I've built a little cart that should make it a bit easier.

Oh, I agree and yes I do but........I'm reeeeeaaaaal bad at asking - when I take on these adventures I try not to drag anyone else into my madness!!! Hey - I live in the forest for a reason!!!:slide:Plus I take a certain pleasure in inventing helpful little gadgets - a teapot pourer so my wifes arthritus doesn't act up - a sock holder to help get my socks on...don't get me started!!!!! I never said I was normal!!!!

I'm not sure who is in the worst shape - me or Angie - here's a pic of yesterday and this morning...
Beulah has already reached the top of the greenhouse and my cart to move them around...I am almost thinking that Angie is suffering from a combination of heat and wind from a 20" box fan that I use to move cooler air in...I used a buffer and it is 4 feet away but.... I think I will move Angie out and that way I can start bending Beulah over to keep her contained.

I moved Angie out of the greenhouse this morning - she's not looking much better - I'm in a watchful mode now. She will get a bit of sun and shade until she is acclimatized.
I top dressed Beulah with a mixture of composted black earth topsoil and composted cow manure and gave her a good drink and then bent the top two branches over and tied them down to get them out of the peak - I think that had I not topped them they would probably around the ten foot mark by now, those leggy gals.

Tall girls there. Hoping for improvement.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hey thanx guys - I`m not sure what did it - but i sure miss putzing around with things in the shop and checking up on the gals. shop is about 80 feet from the house and that trip was all i could manage - have not tried yet today. i`ll let you know if i survive!!!

Well, right or wrong, I picked a lot of the bad looking leaves off of Angie!! Couldn't stand to look at them anymore plus it's easier to tell if more go bad. Angie, Caryl and DeeDee got about a gallon of rainwater today.
My back is some better - I can walk like an 85 year old - that's progress!!!!
Now I gotta figure out a system to move them into the shed and start the flip early, maybe in a month or so and also make a taller shelter for the forest dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom