Green Jeans Greenhouse Outdoor Adventure

greenjeans

Sativa from seed (unknown source) started May 1, 2019
Started in Miracle grow potting mix in a window greenhouse
Angie, Beulah, Caryl and DeeDee are growing in a mixture of Miracle Grow Potting mix and soil from a Beaver dam.
Fertilizer is (I think) Miracle Grow (the Blue stuff that you attach to a garden hose) I tried some Tomato fertilizer that you mix into the soil but didn't like it.
The 4 girls are growing in laundry tubs and watered with rain water.
I've had a few aphids on Caryl (where are the Lady Bugs when you need them)

I’m strapped in and not leaving this chair. I’m really digging your sun room/green house! Forgive me as I’m not trying to beat you down, but it looks ghetto, right up my alley! Lmao I can do my best to make anything not look ghetto but it still ends up looking ghetto :laughtwo: I’m really digging it! :popcorn::high-five:

Well, I am absolutely, totally, completely, unequivocally, (OK, I can't think of anymore words) offended by "ghetto" - I was reeeeaaallly aiming for "Shabby Hillbilly Sheik" are you saying I missed the mark????!!!!???
Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa !!!!! If I can find someone who would go to the extremes of repurposing that I do I would shake his hand vigorously and they would be my idol !!! ;-)

Well, I am absolutely, totally, completely, unequivocally, (OK, I can't think of anymore words) offended by "ghetto" - I was reeeeaaallly aiming for "Shabby Hillbilly Sheik" are you saying I missed the mark????!!!!???
Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa !!!!! If I can find someone who would go to the extremes of repurposing that I do I would shake his hand vigorously and they would be my idol !!! ;-)

No you hit the mark! It looks good! Like I said I love it!! :thumb:

Just replying to what you said on the other thread. You can report it to an administrator and see if they can change it for you :thumb:

[qoute]Hey Back - Yeah - I'm bouncing around a bit trying to find my spot. I have started a journal - I think I'm in the right place - Green Jeans Greenhouse/Outdoor Adventure - but I just noticed I used Green Jeans as two words not one - crap!! [qoute]

OK, so Beulah is now 6' 4" and there is about 6 - 8" between branching nodes - they are about 10 weeks old.
So my question is - Should I top them and get them going sideways?? Personally, I kinda like the natural approach but these unruly teenagers are out of control.
So, small haircut??

OK, so Beulah is now 6' 4" and there is about 6 - 8" between branching nodes - they are about 10 weeks old.
So my question is - Should I top them and get them going sideways?? Personally, I kinda like the natural approach but these unruly teenagers are out of control.
So, small haircut??

That is completely up to you! You say you like the natural approach, stick with it. If it doesn’t work out this grow, try something different next grow :thumb:

A small haircut might be nice, let’s see some updated pictures of the teenagers before making that decision though:popcorn:

This is Angie - almost as tall as Beulah - I'm thinking I could trim at the 4 1/2" level or lower where two opposing branches. In the bottom pic you can see how far apart the branches are.

I would say cut at 5.5-5 3/4” mark and you could maybe try cloning the cut off piece. Need to get some rooting compound of some sort. I’ve never bothered trying to clone but it’s an option :thumb:

Well, I steeled my nerves and lopped about a foot off Angie and Beulah!! Whats the worst that could happen??? I still have intact Caryl and DeeDee!! It was sad to see all those beautiful little pistils sacrificed but.... it will be interesting to see the differences but I may do the same to the others as well. I was going to clone but don't really need more plants and had no rooting hormone. I'm noticing that some of the fan leaves at the bottom were going wilty in the heat but recovering a bit overnight - I'll watch to see if this helps with that.

I love the name. Looking good. Nice build you have.

Well, no ill effects from the haircut, that I can see. I haven't taken a pic yet - I don't like getting busy with non weed related crap!!! I still have a few wilty fan leaves at the bottom of Angie and Beulah but I think I have overwatered - I just got a moisture meter, just to confirm that deep down is dry - It's not.
I moved DeeDee outside this morning and set her in a part shady spot and will pick a better spot tomorrow when I have more time - greenhouse was crowded - pics to follow.

I have moved two girls outdoor - I have not topped them yet - I'm waiting to see what the shut ins do. I am giving them some shade until they get accustomed to outdoor life.

And my forest dwellers - they average about the 5' mark - my A-frame looks like it's usefulness was short lived unless I build legs. It never ends!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom