Green Knight Berry Bomb Hydro CFL - Experiment #1: Supercropped Defoliated ScROG

There can be lots of ambers and leaves can still be alive.
Could just be the plant is still getting enough nitrogen to "Keep Em Green." as they say...

i feed mine once a week and they still are yellowing off..this is the most confusing time for me, being a first time grower.

my nutes suggest once every 4-6 weeks, so i know theyre not hungry.

if its a self fem it will be identical to its mother, if its rogue pollen then it could be male and is only 50% mom, but its likely just a self fem , i have found that any female can and will make pollen and seed, if you want to get seeds from a strain you only have 1 plant of you can harvest the top 2/3ds and leave the rest to continue flowering long past the recommendation, im most cases she will make pollen and seed herself i do this with autos i want to grow again often since cloneing is not possible, hope this helps:thumb:

reps added with a PM.

Hello hello. Sorry, I've been really rubbish the last week or so. Full on couple of weeks at work and when I've not been working it's also been busy. Or I've just been stoned!

Thanks for the info on the seeds bid. I've not noticed any seeds now I've chopped her and none have fallen out whilst harvesting so I'm not sure if she has seeded in the end. If it's just the one or something she may pop up as I work my way through it so we'll see. It would be quite handy to get a free seed or two.

Thanks for the nice comments Vick. I'll get over to your journal and catch up shortly - looking forward to seeing the new room!

Hey bmeat. Yeah, I got the same thing with the Auto Bomb I grew before this - I got amber trichs and flushed for a week or so and the leaves were still green. This time she got a 10 day flush and very little yellowing.

So here are some photos just before I chopped her on day 68/69 (didn't do it in one go), so nearly 10 weeks:
IMG_162412.JPG

IMG_162610.JPG

IMG_163010.JPG

IMG_16316.JPG

IMG_16407.JPG

@Hank: here's the underside mate. I could have done more to keep it clearer really:
IMG_16377.JPG

Now for the yield from all that...... drum roll....... 36g dry!! Which is almost as funny as it is disappointing really; I expected a low yield but was thinking I mightt get the same as the last grow (64g), I didn't think for a minute I'd get half. C'est la vie.
The bud is a very nice smoke though, and it's much nicer than the Auto Bomb as a stone and in flavour. It's not really cured yet, and at 36g it's incredibly unlikely it will get an opportunity to cure properly, but it's much better quality in many respects than the last grow.

The issue with the final yield I'm certain is down to cfl and not enough light. When dried they are very light and thin, not much substance to them as you'll see from the photos:
IMG_17359.JPG

IMG_1644_-_Copy.JPG

I think the reason why this crop yielded less than the AutoBomb even though I'd scrogged it and tried to maximise the space and light exposure is because of the light distribution and penetration of the cfl...or rather, lack of it. With the AB the main cola was directly under the cfl so got to develop to it's maximum, whereas with the scrog I spread the plant, but the single cfl can't spread the light more than what's directly under the bulb. I think for single cfl growing focusing on keeping as much of the plant directly under the bulb, rather than spreading her out wide, is more effective.

So on that note this journal comes to an end really. But the new led arrived today.........

Thanks Jon, cheers for the reps. Yeah, she's keeping me stoned so happy!

I'll get details of the light and stuff up. It's bright! I really notice the difference vs the cfl. It's a 200w draw, 6 spot. Decent build quality - it looks and feels a nice piece of kit. I'm going to start the next journal - I've decided because the yield was so low and the mother's a decent size I'm just going to scrog her now and flower her asap after taking a couple of cuttings for the future. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference the led makes

The instructions say: Suggested height above the water - 7" to 80"

I've got her up what seems quite high to see how she does and to let her adjust. The light can go higher - she's about 24" above the top of the plant at the moment.

Here are the specs:

Weight: 4.75 kg
Dimensions: 38 x 28 x 8.5 cm
LEDs: 90 x Epistar 3 watt quality LEDs driven at 700mA to get maximum power from the lights. Secondary optical lens controls the angle of the light for deeper penetration into the plant canopy
Coverage Area: 65cm x 65cm
Actual Watt Draw: 200 watts
Guarranty: 3 year warranty. Re and CoHS approved
Spectrum: 5:blalol:1 .. see our article "what's the best spectrum?" for explanation on why we use this ratio.
6500k, 440nm, 460nm: 620nm, 640nm, 660nm: 700nm
Working Life: 50,000 hours
Umol at 80cm: 430

"Suggested height above the water" - 7" to 80"

The instructions say: Suggested height above the water - 7" to 80"

I've got her up what seems quite high to see how she does and to let her adjust. The light can go higher - she's about 24" above the top of the plant at the moment.

Here are the specs:

Weight: 4.75 kg
Dimensions: 38 x 28 x 8.5 cm
LEDs: 90 x Epistar 3 watt quality LEDs driven at 700mA to get maximum power from the lights. Secondary optical lens controls the angle of the light for deeper penetration into the plant canopy
Coverage Area: 65cm x 65cm
Actual Watt Draw: 200 watts
Guarranty: 3 year warranty. Re and CoHS approved
Spectrum: 5:blalol:1 .. see our article "what's the best spectrum?" for explanation on why we use this ratio.
6500k, 440nm, 460nm: 620nm, 640nm, 660nm: 700nm
Working Life: 50,000 hours
Umol at 80cm: 430

"Suggested height above the water" - 7" to 80"

holy shit! thats a big gap! 7 inches to 80 inches?? with a light that size I would probably try to keep it 14 - 16 inches above the canopy during flower.You have it at a good height now for the plant to get used to the intense light.Keep it there and let the plant grow up to it and then keep the light at 14-16 inches during flower. my lights are made by the same company but have different diodes.the manufacturers recommendations are put the light 48 inches from the seedlings/clones and let them grow towards the light and 28 inches is where you want them for flower:)

thats just the way hydro flowers grow my dude..they look really good though. loving it.

Back
Top Bottom