Green-o-Matic PC Grow 2010

jakal, good looking plants! I look forward to seeing how these grow. How are you liking the FF Tiger Bloom? I am looking to purchase some flowering nutes and wanted some testimonies.

Also, can we get another picture of them both in the case?

Let your buds be large!

the FF tiger blooms worked really well.
i fed them at night and the next morning i noticed the plant grew a decent ammount and it just seemed stronger.
the plant reacted VERY quickly when i rotated it. the leafs and buds were pointing towards the light within a few hours.
I dont know if it was the tigerbloom or not, but it did it faster than i had ever noticed.

I'll make sure to take the picture you want next time i take some pics.

On PatrizioD recomendation i just gave them a little trim.
cut some of the large leafs blocking light to some of the lower buds.
hopefully it wont freak the plant out to much, and the buds will get larger.

Also, can we get another picture of them both in the case?

Sure, here ya go.
FILE0087.JPG

And here is one for size comparison.

1999.jpg

Ok, update time.

Bad news on lykke, one of her colas broke off.
a sad day indeed. it happened becase the way the branching happened early on it caused a weak point. and it pulled away from the main stem. not completely tho. so i tried fixing it, tying it in place, but sadly the next day i check on it the leafs were withered and drying. so i hacked it off and smoked it...
it got me a bit buzzed, it was to early to get much off it.

and another branch is kinda loose like the one that fell off, but ive got it tied in place. shouldnt be a problem. i just need to be careful handling it.

other than that she is doing great. the main cola is filling out REAL nicely.
and there are still 3 other large buds on her.

Pic of Lykke below.

lykke.JPG

Now the second plant. who i have named 'Ida'.
Ida was the one that got the really bad burn a while back.
but she didnt let that stop her, after a few day she EXPLODED with new growth. i just did a MAJOR tie down of the branches on her so the lower growth can get light, and there are TONS of tiny bids down there, i want them to have as much light as i can manage.
Ida is lagging a few days behind Lykke due to the nasty burn, but she isnt letting it stop her, i think Ida is gonna beat out Lykke for the ammount i get off them.

Pic of Ida and both in the case below.

Ida.JPG

both4.JPG

I think the next time i grow these I'm gonna let the stretch a bit,
the foliage is just way to dense.
making sure there is enough light getting to the buds is really tough.
Lykke isnt a problem. she has a bunch of large bud sites.
Ida on the other hand has a ton of smaller sites packed close together.
I think when harvest comes around I'm gonna only partialy harvest Ida.
leave the smaller buds to finish up.

Lykke has started getting sticky. with Ida not far behind.
trichs on lykke are turning milky, Ida's trichs are still clear.

I love this.

Looking good, Brother. I thought about doing a PC grow just for the sake of doing it. My plan was to either do a Scrog or just train the branches back and forth filling up every last inch of the computer case.

If you had a stealthy spot for a mother plant, and another PC case, you could do a perpetual grow and harvest a nice stash every month. Growing is a great hobby, but it's even better when you can meet your medical needs growing your own. Later, My friend.

Hey jakal, good looking dwarfs you got goin there. Ida doesnt look like the burn affected her at all; depending how early in the life cycle it happens, it could possibly even cause the plant to bulk itself up, like some form of stress training* I recently started germing 3 feminized Green-o-Matics, and I shall use this journal as guidelines for my grow, since so far, I'm impressed. Keep up the good work!

*Disclaimer: I am in NO WAY advocating burning your plants to bulk them up! If done on purpose, this would be a cruel form of punishment to inflict upon a plant we all have so much love for. But, if it happens accidentally, keep in mind its not a death sentence. You always want to give your plants that 'alive vibe' so they'll grow big and strong. Then burn it, bringing into your body the fruits of your labor.

Looking good, Brother. I thought about doing a PC grow just for the sake of doing it. My plan was to either do a Scrog or just train the branches back and forth filling up every last inch of the computer case.

If you had a stealthy spot for a mother plant, and another PC case, you could do a perpetual grow and harvest a nice stash every month. Growing is a great hobby, but it's even better when you can meet your medical needs growing your own. Later, My friend.

I was thinking about getting another case for a mother plant.
I haven't decided whether to get a pc case for it or go another route tho.
I have a little time to figure it out tho. a couple weeks after this grow is done I'm going out of town, so no one will be around to look after another grow.
so i wont be doing another till the end of july.

Hey jakal, good looking dwarfs you got goin there. Ida doesnt look like the burn affected her at all; depending how early in the life cycle it happens, it could possibly even cause the plant to bulk itself up, like some form of stress training* I recently started germing 3 feminized Green-o-Matics, and I shall use this journal as guidelines for my grow, since so far, I'm impressed. Keep up the good work!
I think it did cause Ida to bulk up.
the burn happened at around day 15-20
Lykke has some nice larger buds, While Ida has a few large ones and TONS of smaller buds where she was burned.
the burn didnt seem to affect her negatively. just stalled her growth a bit, so she's a few days behind lykke.
come harvest time i think i will leave the lower buds a few extra days to bulk up.

Are you going to be doing a journal? There are so few GOM journals around.
what kind of set up do you have? I'd love to watch more of these GOM's grow. i still have a couple seeds. both femmed.

anyone know anything about forcing male flower on these auto's?
next grow i wanna try to get some seeds.

I clipped a small bud from lykke last night and i'm drying it now. i wanna see how she smokes... i couldnt resist. I'll probably smoke it tonight.
I read on one GOM journal i found that after curing there is a choclate taste.

I just checked on the plants and WOW!
Lykke is getting STICKICKY!
Ida isnt very sticky. but she seems to be about 5 days behind lykke anyways.

also, in addition to the questions i had in my last post.

does anyone know a good way to use the trimmings from a harvest?
hash or something. i wanna use as much of my grow as possible.

I smoked that bud i clipped.
took about 3 hits from my little water pipe.
it was pretty smooth.
couldnt really tell how it tasted because it was still so green.
the high from it is AWESOME.
I'm pretty baked right now. making tons of typo's that i have to fix. I no doubt missed a bunch.
since i still have a few weeks left on the grow, the trichs were half clear and half milky.
all head no body.
just the way i like it. I like being high and then doing stuff. so the heady high is great for me. I sit around on my ass enough as it is.

I'm not entirely sure if im even making any sense right now.
so if anything isnt clear or you have questions, let me know.

lol i wrote this and forgot to press 'submit' for a few hours.

I'm a little worried about Ida,
she had a but of a nute burn. so i flushed her earlier and i think its helped her.
but what i'm really worried about is that she doesnt seem to be plumping up.
her buds are still real small.
Lykke is plumping up nicely, but Ida isnt.
Ida is lagging a bit behind lykke, but im worried that she wont start plumping up. shes gonna have all popcorn buds if she doesnt start filling out.

Both are about day 39.
about 3 weeks left.

Hey everyone.
this is my first grow journal.
in fact it's my first grow.
So whatever helpful tips and info you have is greatly welcome.

so heres the deal.
i have a pc grow case i made myself.
the case itself is 23'' tall, so its a pretty big case.
got the largest i could get my hands on.

4 26 watt CFL's
Fox farm soil
These are feminized seeds, so no worry about males.

the strain i am using us an auto flowering called 'green-o-matic'

I germinated 3 seeds, 2 in paper towels and one in just water. i really only intended to use 2, but one just would germ so i tossed the 3rd in some water. and all 3 popped. I dont know what i'll do with the 3rd just yet. i doubt i'll have the room for it, I'll just have to see what happens.

I plan on doing LST, im not completely sure how it'll work. but I've got time to figure that out.

I'm not really expecting anything amazing out of this grow, just seems like something fun to do. grow in a pc case... its kinda cool.

Right now i have the fans running, but the temps with the fans are staying room temps.
around 68 F.
should i turn the fans off to raise the temps a bit?
or just leave them on?

any feedback or tips on how i can make it better are defiantly appreciated.

file0027h.jpg

cool

Havent updated for a while because there hasnt been much change.

Im still worried aboit Ida, i think shes gonna end up being little popcorn buds.
Lykke has filled out fairly nicely, but she has a lot less bud sites than Ida.
I started giving them about 4 hours of darkness each night.

I think i'm gonna end up doing hash with Ida.
does anyone know a good way to turn the whole plant into hash?
preferably one that isnt expensive.

Ok, i need some help.
im REALLY worried about Ida.
her growth seems to be stunted. the buds just arent filling out.
and even worse she seems to be really dry.
some of the small leaf sets inside the buds have turned a dark purple, almost black (just a few) and they dry out and die.
i also pull a lot of dead leafs off her, Tho they are the leafs underneath all the foliage so they dont get light.

I recently (last night) notice the top of the soil on both plants was a little white in some places. i figured mold and scraped the top half inch or so off and replaced it with fresh soil. (fox farm) I am pretty sure the mold problem came from the mylar disc's i placed over the soil to reflect light better. so i have removed them.

but i really need help with ida. i am at a loss on what to do.
ive flushed her, and gave her about a 1/8th strength watering of tigerbloom, but she isnt getting any better.

also the leaf tips on both plants always turn brown and die.
the rest of the leaf remains fine... for the most part, i did have a nute burn problem a while back, which is why i flushed.
but Ida has basicly had no growth at all for a couple weeks.
and here i am about 2 weeks from the 60 days they are suposed to take and the plant isnt doing so hot.

Id take some photo's of the problems but my camera is REALLY bad at close ups of any kind. they just end up a blur.

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

i may know why Ida isnt doing so hot.
since they were identical in every way(same lights, same temps, same water, same nutes)
the only thing different was that i placed screwed in the side of Ida's pot to hold the pipe cleaners in place(for LST). maybe these were leaching something into the soil when i watered, I'm not really sure what the screws were made of. but i took them out and flushed Ida, and gave her a little tiger bloom.
Now i just have to wait and see how she does.

Her buds are really brittle. last night i was moving some of the leaves and buds and a few buds just snapped off. i barely touched em and they broke off.
The new growth on the buds was just drying up and dying.
so id have to pluck off all this dead stuff from the buds themselves....

Hopefully i was right about the screws and the plant will recover.
I dont know what else it could be.
if it were bugs or fungus both plants would be sick.
plus i think i started having problems with the plant around the time i put the screws in.

Got my fingers crossed.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Well Ida is doing better,
but i was forced to harvest Lykke early.
her buds just started drying up.
there is no mold anywhere on the plant.
i checked very thoroughly.

anyone know what might have caused it?
its as if they just lost all there moisture.
so i had to cut it before it got worse. (which it did).
only thing i found that might be the cause is to much light.
they have had 24 hours since seed. and i read that to much light might cause something like this.
can anyone tell me what happened? i really want to avoid this for the next time.
i really wanted to let the plant continue for a couple more weeks.

Ida is doing a little better, but shes also got the problem with the buds and leafs on the buds just drying up.

I have tried searching for a cause. but if you put drying buds into google i dont get any relevant results.
PLZ tell me someone knows whats up.

Well, i wish i had been able to let them go a little longer.
but the smoke was pretty good.
I chopped the other plant a few days ago.

it was very smooth, high was pretty good, on a scale of 1 - 10
10 being most amazing high.

id give this a 6.
high doesnt last to long. maybe just a couple hours till your not high anymore.

If i had been able to let them go another few weeks i think it would have been a 7.5 maybe.

I will be starting a new journal with the same setup as i have now at the end of july.
it will be the same strain Green-o-matics.
I have to go out of town for about a week in the middle of july so no one will be around to keep an eye on the plants.

Back
Top Bottom