Green Poison Auto, Indoor Grow Journal, 2021

enriquebarra

420 Member
Hi community

This is my first journal. I've registered on the site a few weeks ago and introduced myself in another thread Hello 420mag community!
Greetings from Chile I will be posting here to share the latest events and also to ask for advices as this is my first grow. As a heads up, the crop went from week 5 to 6 a few days ago, however, I will briefly describe what happened in past weeks.

Setup:
  • 60x60x160 Tent
  • 1x Clip fan
  • LED 220w PPFD 810 umol/m2s (20/4 light cycle, from 22:00 to 18:00).
  • one 100mm line extractor (week 1 to week 5) and as an intractor (used backwards) from week 6 on.
  • one 125mm TT turbine extractor (week 6 onwards)
  • 4x 11Liter pots
  • Biobizz Lightmix soil.
  • Plant & Soil food: Biobizz (Biogrow, Rootjuice, Bioheaven, Biobloom, TopMax, Alg-a-mic) and Plant Success (Micorrizhae)
  • Seeds: 2 Green Poison Auto + 2 Think Different Auto
Conditions:
  • Temperature : 19-21°C (winter)
  • Humidity: 55%-65%
Feeding Schedule Week 1&2

Feeding with little water every 1 or 2 days, only when I notice the soil is drying.

Around 100ml daily, purified water with a bit of CalMg to bring the EC to 0.5 (PH 6.3). On some of the feeds, I've added a small dose of root enhancer (I had Mills Start R on hand by then) and also mycorrhizae (Plant Success Great White) to both the soil (specially when filling soil in) and irrigation water.

Week 3-4

I started adding a very small dose of veg nutes (1/4 of recommended) and stimulants to the irrigation water in accordance with the Lightmix NuteSchedule
To a 0.5L base water, + ~0.5 ml Mills Start R, ~0.5ml BioGrow, ~0.5ml BioHeaven + ~0.5ml Alg-a-mic. After mixing, irrigation water has a PH around 6.15 and EC around 0.7.

Week 5-6 (3rd to 9th July 2021)

Plants are growing fast and leaves are crazy big. I am a novice grower so I'd appreciate some hints regarding when and how to prune leaves. @Bill284 @Tokin Roll @Buds Buddy

This week I've slightly incresed the amount of nutes but still at half the dose from the Biobizz nutrition schedule . If I go by their recommendation, the EC goes around 1.8 so I am currently dividing in half and the other half with base water. 1 liter per plant 1-2 times per week, watering only when the soil dries .

Week 5 Biobizz Schedule dose/ per liter:
Bio Heaven 3ml ---> 1.5ml
BioGrow 3ml ----> 1.5ml
Alg-a-mic 3ml ----> 1.5ml
BioBloom 2ml ----> 1 ml
TopMax 1ml ----> 0.5 ml

In case you have gone through the attached thread, you'll have noticed that I indicated 4 pots of 11 liters in it as well as in the setup above. The 2 Think Different were subjected to a transplant and did not survive :straightface: thus I started with 2 more autos (Lebron Haze from BSF Seeds) and are being planted on soil as I am writing this. My plan is to to use a cover with ventilation holes (see pic below) in order to have increased humidity for the sprouts, specially during the early days, whilst the rest of the tent is around 50-60%.

Will follow up in a few minutes once the two new pots are placed in the tent.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 10.01.24.jpeg

Hi community

This is my first journal. I've registered on the site a few weeks ago and introduced myself in another thread Hello 420mag community!
Greetings from Chile I will be posting here to share the latest events and also to ask for advices as this is my first grow. As a heads up, the crop went from week 5 to 6 a few days ago, however, I will briefly describe what happened in past weeks.

Setup:
  • 60x60x160 Tent
  • 1x Clip fan
  • LED 220w PPFD 810 umol/m2s (20/4 light cycle, from 22:00 to 18:00).
  • one 100mm line extractor (week 1 to week 5) and as an intractor (used backwards) from week 6 on.
  • one 125mm TT turbine extractor (week 6 onwards)
  • 4x 11Liter pots
  • Biobizz Lightmix soil.
  • Plant & Soil food: Biobizz (Biogrow, Rootjuice, Bioheaven, Biobloom, TopMax, Alg-a-mic) and Plant Success (Micorrizhae)
  • Seeds: 2 Green Poison Auto + 2 Think Different Auto
Conditions:
  • Temperature : 19-21°C (winter)
  • Humidity: 55%-65%
Feeding Schedule Week 1&2

Feeding with little water every 1 or 2 days, only when I notice the soil is drying.

Around 100ml daily, purified water with a bit of CalMg to bring the EC to 0.5 (PH 6.3). On some of the feeds, I've added a small dose of root enhancer (I had Mills Start R on hand by then) and also mycorrhizae (Plant Success Great White) to both the soil (specially when filling soil in) and irrigation water.

Week 3-4

I started adding a very small dose of veg nutes (1/4 of recommended) and stimulants to the irrigation water in accordance with the Lightmix NuteSchedule
To a 0.5L base water, + ~0.5 ml Mills Start R, ~0.5ml BioGrow, ~0.5ml BioHeaven + ~0.5ml Alg-a-mic. After mixing, irrigation water has a PH around 6.15 and EC around 0.7.

Week 5-6 (3rd to 9th July 2021)

Plants are growing fast and leaves are crazy big. I am a novice grower so I'd appreciate some hints regarding when and how to prune leaves. @Bill284 @Tokin Roll @Buds Buddy

This week I've slightly incresed the amount of nutes but still at half the dose from the Biobizz nutrition schedule . If I go by their recommendation, the EC goes around 1.8 so I am currently dividing in half and the other half with base water. 1 liter per plant 1-2 times per week, watering only when the soil dries .

Week 5 Biobizz Schedule dose/ per liter:
Bio Heaven 3ml ---> 1.5ml
BioGrow 3ml ----> 1.5ml
Alg-a-mic 3ml ----> 1.5ml
BioBloom 2ml ----> 1 ml
TopMax 1ml ----> 0.5 ml

In case you have gone through the attached thread, you'll have noticed that I indicated 4 pots of 11 liters in it as well as in the setup above. The 2 Think Different were subjected to a transplant and did not survive :straightface: thus I started with 2 more autos (Lebron Haze from BSF Seeds) and are being planted on soil as I am writing this. My plan is to to use a cover with ventilation holes (see pic below) in order to have increased humidity for the sprouts, specially during the early days, whilst the rest of the tent is around 50-60%.

Will follow up in a few minutes once the two new pots are placed in the tent.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 10.01.24.jpeg
Hello @enriquebarra great looking ladies. :bravo:
Just out of curiosity whats under the tent?
Is it wood floor on top of concrete?
If so it will drop the temp of your pots making it harder for them to keep eating properly.
Something to give an air gap would help or Styrofoam sm works well.
Personally I don't like to prune. Seeing as they are autos i don't recommend it.
But im not an auto grower,maby someone with experience with autos can give a more detailed opinion.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

Looking good - I don't prune autos much either, but I do take off the popcorn at the base
Watch the pH doesn't drop over time, 6.3 - 6.5 might be better to aim for and the occasional CaMg on its own works wonders as a mini flush
It may be strain dependant but mine seemed to hang on to the N after harvest so perhaps I just used too much for too long into flowering. I don't use Grow in flower at all now as the Bloom has enough N in it already
The feed chart is for large plants in ideal conditions so keeping veg nutes down is a smart move for now and they certainly don't look hungry

Hello @enriquebarra great looking ladies. :bravo:
Just out of curiosity whats under the tent?
Is it wood floor on top of concrete?
If so it will drop the temp of your pots making it harder for them to keep eating properly.
Something to give an air gap would help or Styrofoam sm works well.
Personally I don't like to prune. Seeing as they are autos i don't recommend it.
But im not an auto grower,maby someone with experience with autos can give a more detailed opinion.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

Hi Bill! Thanks for reading mate.
Actually that's the flooring material of another area of the house. Just wanted to show you guys the cover looked like and how I intended to place it in the new pots.

I take the opportunity to show you pics of the tent now, with the 4 pots inside. Yerterday, after 24 hrs since planting the seeds on soil, the black cover was replaced by the transparent one with ventilation holes-

Thnx for reading!

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 13.45.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 13.45.05 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 13.45.05 (2).jpeg

Looking good - I don't prune autos much either, but I do take off the popcorn at the base
Watch the pH doesn't drop over time, 6.3 - 6.5 might be better to aim for and the occasional CaMg on its own works wonders as a mini flush
It may be strain dependant but mine seemed to hang on to the N after harvest so perhaps I just used too much for too long into flowering. I don't use Grow in flower at all now as the Bloom has enough N in it already
The feed chart is for large plants in ideal conditions so keeping veg nutes down is a smart move for now and they certainly don't look hungry

Hi Growings! thanks for reading mate
I will definitely take an eye on the PH so it's between those values. Thanks!

Exactly what do you mean by the "popcorn at the base"? do you mean the white stuff that is mixed in the soil? I think is part of the "lightmix" itself.

I really appreciate your advice on the veg nute (biogrow). Do you recommend cutting that nute right off now that we are well in the week 6? I keep seeing this "less is more" advice so I wonder if I should cut Biogrow off the next feeds or just keep it very low at 0.5 ml per liter.
What about the others that I've been included? These are Bioheaven and Alg-a-mic and, in accordance with both datasheets:

Bioheaven contains carefully selected biological stimulants, such as amino acids ....It improves the effects and translocation of nutrients...stimulates enzymatic activity and fast nutrient absorption... also provides an outstanding source of carbonic acid for microorganisms in the soil

Alg-a-mic comes to the rescue if they’ve sufferedfrom overfeeding, deficiencies, diseases or fluctuations in temperature....is a revitalizing product, made from a high grade, organic seaweed..This high level of natural nutrition caters to the whole spectrum of a plant’s needs, resulting in plenty of verdant green foliage.

To my very limited knowledge on growing, none of them struck me as a N overdose contributor, but I will better wait for the voice from experience

Thanks!
:yummy:

Hi Growings! thanks for reading mate
I will definitely take an eye on the PH so it's between those values. Thanks!

Exactly what do you mean by the "popcorn at the base"? do you mean the white stuff that is mixed in the soil? I think is part of the "lightmix" itself.

I really appreciate your advice on the veg nute (biogrow). Do you recommend cutting that nute right off now that we are well in the week 6? I keep seeing this "less is more" advice so I wonder if I should cut Biogrow off the next feeds or just keep it very low at 0.5 ml per liter.
What about the others that I've been included? These are Bioheaven and Alg-a-mic and, in accordance with both datasheets:

Bioheaven contains carefully selected biological stimulants, such as amino acids ....It improves the effects and translocation of nutrients...stimulates enzymatic activity and fast nutrient absorption... also provides an outstanding source of carbonic acid for microorganisms in the soil

Alg-a-mic comes to the rescue if they’ve sufferedfrom overfeeding, deficiencies, diseases or fluctuations in temperature....is a revitalizing product, made from a high grade, organic seaweed..This high level of natural nutrition caters to the whole spectrum of a plant’s needs, resulting in plenty of verdant green foliage.

To my very limited knowledge on growing, none of them struck me as a N overdose contributor, but I will better wait for the voice from experience

Thanks!
:yummy:
Popcorn is term used to describe smaller buds growing below the light level.
Also called Larf.
Buds that don't fully form and become hard nugs.
Its common practice to remove these smaller branches after stretch.
The logic behind it is that the plant will put its energy into the main colas on top.
Instead of using energy to grow buds that don't amount to anything useful.
Hope that helps.
Bill

The plants are looking good and green so 0.5ml Grow seems to be working fine for you
You can probably start gradually increasing the Bloom/humic/enzyme now to trigger more flowers

Once in full flower, I generally just take off any large fan leaves that are shading buds beneath to leave a canopy of around 8 terminal stalks/buds, but every plant is different so you have to make that judgement

Hi all, hope you are doing great.

I am back after a fortnight- I took a few pictures to update the journal while applying a preventive solution (potassium soap + neem oil) to the girls out of the tent during dark cycle. As soon as the lights are on again I will post a few more of the setup with the two girls standing right next to each other

The ladies are currently shifting from week #8 to #9 and have been watered with ~1 lt of base water with the following cocktail:

Bio Heaven 4ml
BioGrow 1ml,
Alg-a-mic 3ml,
BioBloom 2ml,
Top Max 3ml

ph: 6,5
ec: 1,1

20210730_185900.jpg

As for the Lebron Haze seedlings, only one of them developed well and the other one didn't :(, I don't know if it was a germination error or light/space limitations. Your are probably right @BirdieNumNum on the number of plants. Two is definitely a max for such space.

As soon as the Green Poison are harvested (I would guess in 3 weeks time) I will continue with that seedling alone.
This one is currently just starting week 2, barely touched it and a single 100ml watering with half ml of Root Juice yesterday.

20210730_185951.jpg

Thanks for both reading and the suggestions full of wisdom :blunt::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom