Green Reaper's DIY CFL Cabinet Grow

Green Reaper

Ok...

This is my first grow and I've been preparing for about a month. I'm doing CFL's. A buddy and I are doing 4x3x7 cab at his place and I'll have a second journal for that soon.

Here's my box:

This was a score! I tried to build a box before this from scraps and failed miserably because I am no carpenter. But this box is a beauty. She's actually some packing crate from an engineering firm in India! I saw it biking around smoking a joint and immediately went to get my truck. It's pretty perfect, but, I had some work to do. See the frame on the outside? That had to go and took awhile with a hammer to pull it apart. Then I had to pull it apart and put it back together in the space. I also got lucky in that I went by the place where I "harvested" my box 2 days after and all the other wood and scraps were gone.
Last night I finally got the white plastic up on the inside, which was rad, and cut a hole for my 6" exhaust fan. Today I go to the store for the door and some hinges. Once that's on, all I need to do is drill some holes for my wires, drill some passive intake holes, seal all those up with ductape and window screen and I'm in business!
I have to leave town in August for a few weeks. So the plan is to goto the clone store today (godbless MMJ! Am I really going weed-plant shopping today?!!), get 2 2-foot tall clones, veg for a few days, and rock straight to flower. Unfortunately, unless the clone store has something that flowers in like 30 days (not gonna happen), I won't get to finish my girls before I leave. The good news is my buddy who I'm doing the other box with could grow tomatoes out of concrete if he had to and he's gonna finish the girls so when I get back I'll have the phatty head stash! Woo! At least I'll have that waiting at home. :)

Okay pics later today, but here's a general list of what I have for the party:

box: 4 feet tall, 2 feet deep, 2.5 feet wide (roughly)

nutrients: macros: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big.
micros: Open Sesame. I'm gonna go pickup the beastly budz and whatever the other flowering nute fox farm makes just didn't have enough cash last time at the grow store.

lights: All CFL
5 42 watt 2700k
2 26 watt 2700k
4 23 watt 2700k
2 10 watt 6500k
2 15 watt 6500k
for a grand total of 404 watts of CFL power! And a lot of lumens for two small plants.
I built a few of these based on ones from another grow journal and they look pretty solid. I might need to build another. The zip ties really help and are easy to manage. I figure because the box is so small, no need for a hood.

Light timer and the manual for the fan, I forgot to take a pic.
]
NUTES.

The box all taped up with white plastic. I think I went through most of a roll of duct tape for this box but you all know what they say...
Here's a shot of the terribly crude hole I made for exhaust, and you can see the widow screening on the back screwed in (out of staples for my gun) and sealed up with duct tape. This is my bug filter. I know window screen won't keep out super tiny bugs but at least flies and things won't be able to just move on in. My box is not the prettiest thing ever but I think she'll do alright.

Now off to home crapo for the last few things! I need to make a door and make sure it seals. Once on there I am ready to rock! See ya next post, and thanks to anyone that checks this out. I've learned a ton from this website so I'm really excited to grow with you guys!

in the meantime....
:roorrip:

Re: Green Reaper's DIY CFL cabinet grow.

Ok sorry guys I didn't realize I had to do pics like this... all fixed now!

The box before I took it apart:
rsz_100media_imag0015.jpg

After getting most of the plastic up..
100MEDIA_IMAG0028.jpg

You can see my bug screen...
100MEDIA_IMAG0030.jpg

light timer and the manual for my fan...
100MEDIA_IMAG0026.jpg

nutes...
100MEDIA_IMAG0027.jpg

my home-made light fixtures....
100MEDIA_IMAG0025.jpg

all my lights...
100MEDIA_IMAG0023.jpg

awesome dudes I should be getting plants today more to come!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom