GreenChromes First Grow, Bag Seed Kush, Soil, Flourescents Only - 2010-2011

GreenChrome

Hello 420!
After lurking for a bit, I decided to make the jump so here I am. My experience growing is none, so I wll need your help as I learn.

I have started setting up my room, or rather my closet. It is 28" x 28", small. Pictures of the current work in progress will be up as soon as my camera finishes charging.

And for the greenery... One sad, lonely, and neglected plant. So the story is this: It sat in a small clay pot on a window sill for about 2 months until I decided to rescue it. My hopes are to get this stunted plant to veg enough to get some good clones so that the real grow can start. Right now it is under 2 T5 flourescent lights 24W, 2,000 Lumens each, and 2 compact CFL 20W's. The T5's are blue light, and the others are red. I know it is not the ideal setup, but I am still getting things together.

So far I have a Feliz 250W, which I will be looking to order a hood for later on tonight. The guy at the local shop gave it to me, yes thats right, he just gave me the $100 light. Pretty cool. Cant beat that price so I will be using it on this grow.

I have some other stuff,but you will see all that stuff in the pictures. My next project it to figure out some real ventilation.

Thanks for reading, and I will be keeping this thread updated the best I can. Here is some more info to get started:

What strain is it? Bagseed Kush
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flowering began on the windowsill, trying to get back to veg (18/6)
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil, Foxfarm
If soil... What size pot? 1 gallon, for now
Size of light? 2 24w T5 and 2 20W CFL
Temp of Room/cab? Hanging the new gauge in a bit
Any Pests ? YES! Black Gnats from the Foxfarm soil
How often are you watering? Every 4 to 5 days, when he top few inches dry out.
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet

Re: GreenChromes first grow, Bagseed Kush, Soil, Flourescents only. 2010-2011

I have an exciting new update. Last night I was able to get my hands on some clones. I was told that I now have 2 Chiesel, which is a mix of Diesel and Cheese(?), and two Bubya, which I know nothing about. The clones are much bigger than I expected, and would consider them to me more of a small plant in veg than a clone. I have to do some research on the strains, but I think this will turn out great.

I have a couple questions for the 420 community, and will certainly appreciate any answers and your time.

First, does anyone have any recomendations on a ventialtion fan. I think I am going to vent into the attic, using the fan in the closet to push air up through a hole in the ceiling where it will be filtered using a carbon filter in the attic and then finaly pushed out into the open space. The attic is huge, but filled with that messy spray insulation. Thanks for the help, and I appreciate all of you here. There is so much great information on this site. I love it!

Hey 420, I took the first pics after finishing with the closet. The next project is ventilation. I am torn between venting straight to the attic, or going into the attic, running about 15 feet of ducting, tapping into a bathromm exhaust to outside. I would appreciate any advice on this. It will be a few more twists and turns to exhaust to outside so I do not know if it is worth it. If anyone sees anything that should be changes with my setup please let me know! Im a noob, and I am hoping to get some advice from all of you experienced growers out there. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Ok, well I guess UI will have to learn how to resize the pics. I'll go read the article on it and post them later, hopefully.

Thanks for taking a look at my post!

Weeds_022.JPG

Weeds_023.JPG

Weeds_024.JPG

i believe the goal for ventalation is to empty the air in the room at least 3 times a minute. and i know a 150cfm fan can empty a 2/5/5 room (50 cubic feet) 3 times a minute,so figure your cubic feet and use this example as a base. hope that helps you.

Thanks ezsmoker! I just picked up a used fan, 176 cfm p/m. More than enough for my closet. I will be running the filter in the closet, leading through a hole I am about to make in my cieling to the fan(rubber mounted in the attic). The fan will blow out through some more tubing to one of the vents that lead to outside, The attic is hell, with foot deep spray in insulation, but I have a mask and will get it done, btw I have never seen so many dead bee's in my life! My attic is full of them! I will post some pics of the finished job from the attic. Hopefully this can help someone else out that has a similar vetilation issue.

Thanks j4s2u0, I just got the ventilation hooked up, but the fan is loud. It sounds like there is a plane over my apartment when I stand outside! I am going to lower it to the lowest setting and run outside to listen. I have to resize the pictures of the project tomorrow, I am currently a bit medicated :smokin:

Yea, I lowered the fan speed, hopefully that helps limit the noise and the smell! Here are the pics for the ventilation project, my buddy helped me out a bunch with it. We vented to an eave in the attic and sealed everything off. It worked out well, except for the hellish spray insulation.
Ventilation_001.JPG

Ventilation_002.JPG

Ventilation_003.JPG

Ventilation_001_2_.JPG

Does anyone know of a quiet fan for stengthening the stems? I have it turning off with the lights now so that I can get some sleep. The closet is in my bedroom! I have seen small fans in the hydro shops, with the smallest being 30 bucks or so. It is nice and flat, but I donot know how loud. Any ideas?

Does anyone know of a quiet fan for stengthening the stems? I have it turning off with the lights now so that I can get some sleep. The closet is in my bedroom! I have seen small fans in the hydro shops, with the smallest being 30 bucks or so. It is nice and flat, but I donot know how loud. Any ideas?

Since space is a issue I would go check out the fans at your local grow shop, Because over here they have smaller sized fans you can screw on to your walls and conserve that much needed space! I could get more information if your interested in something like that?

Ganja Toker, that would be great. I am a bit more concerned about noise than size, but space is limited so I wont complain if its a bit smaller. Thanks for the reply!

Ganja Toker, that would be great. I am a bit more concerned about noise than size, but space is limited so I wont complain if its a bit smaller. Thanks for the reply!

Heres what I had in mind GreenChrome! I dont know if you have a home depot around your area? But go ahead and check this out, There fairly small and I thought of it when you said noise was a problem because they say it has a 3-speed whisper-quiet operation, I hope this helps!

LASKO 12 In. Oscillating Wall-Mount Fan - 3012 at The Home Depot

Thanks Ganja, I like that whisper quiet feature. It might be a bit big for the closet though. I will take some measurements in the morning. Thanks for the find!

Thanks Ganja, I like that whisper quiet feature. It might be a bit big for the closet though. I will take some measurements in the morning. Thanks for the find!

Yeaa no problem! You probaly don't want to go to small on your fans just to make sure you get those strong stems, But I see what your saying on space!
Good luck man :grinjoint:

Looks like you have a awesome start ! Cant wait to see how they turn out . Not shore what u should do about that loud fan, you could try mounting it to rubber bushings but it would probably be better and easier to just get a quieter one . Well good luck bro keep us posted

Nice set up man. What's the size of your closet? And your ventilation is ran all the way across to your restrooms fan? Do you have a carbon scrubber on that thing?

user120536_pic212139_1257548352.jpg

found a little info on the Chiesel
Parents: New york city diesel x Cheese.
Genotype: 60% Sativa with 40% Indica
Stature: Long side laterals, even canopy to 1.25m
Flowering Time: 9 Weeks Approx
Appearance: Slender ( Small to medium sized buds)
Odor: Spicy Tangerine Grapefruit with Cheese Undertones
Average Height: 1.25m (top of tank to canopy apex)
Yield Per Plant:
7.5+oz P/P ( 6 Week Veg)
Taste:
Spicy Sour Grapefruit with Cheese Undertones (Complex)
Buzz:
Soaring Clear Head followed by a relaxing Body (Possibly good for med patients)

The 'Chiesel' has Great bag appeal, with scents and flavors of Spicy Tangerine, Grapefruit and an original aftertaste with Skunky and Cheesy undertones, Diesel Grapefruit Cheesiness,(A “New-Wave” flavour ) it’s an absolute Winner, and a Bud Smoker’s ‘Delight’ to say the least. This pheno type a sure 50/50 pheno, Sativa and Indica dominant pheno’s grown out along side these 50/50’s,

GreenChrome, I like what your doing with the exhaust. I am forced to have mine blow into the same room, but so far so good no smell thanks to the cfilter. Your babies look good, I look forward to following your journal as well. It's funny but a friend of mine has a window sill grow that has been neglected and I was thinking of doing the same thing with his soon. Thanks for the info and the nice pics. ++reps for journal.

Back
Top Bottom