Greendad's Grow Journal - 2014

greendad

I'm on my third day and tryin to decide what light cycle to use 24/7 or 18/6 which would be better I have two cfl light 23 watt 1750 lumens 3×2.5×8 grow area

Re: New grower need help lights

18/6 Is the best. Plants need night time to use up the co2 they stored during the light time.

And I also started with a unknown soil could I change it when I change pots thinking of changing to FFOF

So it won't hurt the plant If I change it today

They will be just fine.

And I also started with a unknown soil could I change it when I change pots thinking of changing to FFOF

I like FFO. I also like to mix FFO and Happy frog 50/50

So it won't hurt the plant If I change it today

No, not at all. Your plants should be fine as long as they're getting a good day period in. :) And from what I've read, the 6 hours extra in 24/0 is mostly wasted and isn't worth the electricity.

The seedlings probably aren't that well established (you're day 3 from seed or from sprouting??), so I would recommend not stressing them out too much for now. Maybe just wait for your first transplant to change the soil, unless the "unknown soil" that you are currently using is very dodgy and you are already worried about pests. :thumb:

changed my setup I have I 23w and 13w warm light and two 13w day light and bought new soil added 6" fan it growing pretty fast about 1"1/2 and 4 leaves will try to upload my setup for more suggestions and just fyi im using all cfl lights

changed my setup I have I 23w and 13w warm light and two 13w day light and bought new soil added 6" fan it growing pretty fast about 1"1/2 and 4 leaves will try to upload my setup for more suggestions and just fyi im using all cfl lights

It sounds like everything is going well, brother! Well done! :goodjob:

Seedlings grow quick, huh? :circle-of-love:

I would like to emphasise (South African/British spelling, excuse that please!) that the biggest danger to your seedling right now is you. Try not to be overly involved; this is a plant that has grown for thousands of years (perhaps longer). Overwatering is a big problem: I learned by experience that it leads to moss, fungus and algae. And fungus leads to fungas gnats. So just overwatering completely.

Remember that ideally one wants between 50-100w per plant in a home setup. As they get bigger, you will need to expand and maximise the lumens in your grow area.

Pictures will be appreciated!

image10442.jpg

freindly FYI greendad :high-five:, im only trying to help you, the plant looks fine, good pics. I thought i'd let you know, that you can show your appreciation to members that help you, by clicking "like" on the right where people have replied to your questions. :cheer:

when members see that you have "liked" their helping you, they will usually continue to help you, in turn :goodluck::circle-of-love:

Am I doing good or bad pls help

Everything looks good man :)

Remember that the cannabis plant is sometimes literally called a "weed" plant. It grows almost effortlessly in most climates and environments. You will manage! And if you don't, you can always start again. Don't stress!

You are using CFLs, which aren't hot! You can get those lights right up in your seedling's grill :icon_cool You'll know they are too close when your leaves start turning brown! (Try avoid it, but not a train smash if it happens... Leaves grow easily) I would say keep the lights at the absolute furthest 10cm (4 inches) away, but preferably more like 5cm (2 inches).

Now, you have 82W in total, is that right? (Apologies if my maths sucks...) If so, that should be fine! Perhaps once the plant is established and you're able to accommodate more growth, you can add some more. Alternatively, if you have some spare money lying around, pump those CFLs in there and get a ludicrous number of lumens in that little grow space!!! More light means better veg and flowering, but I think that the law of diminishing returns applies here. So for every extra watt you add, you're getting less benefit than you did for the last watt you added.

Also, be wary of overwatering, yes, I said OVERwatering, the plant as a seedling and as a fully grown beauty. Overly wet soil brings algae, moss, fungus, and other pests too. Plus it can drown your plant and cause its roots to rot.

Finally, keep the nutes light (you don't actually even really need them right now, but if you must, start with 1/4 dose and slowly work your way up to a full dose as the seedling grows). Watch for yellow and/or drooping leaves, as these are danger signs.

Hopefully this helps!

freindly FYI greendad :high-five:, im only trying to help you, the plant looks fine, good pics. I thought i'd let you know, that you can show your appreciation to members that help you, by clicking "like" on the right where people have replied to your questions. :cheer:

when members see that you have "liked" their helping you, they will usually continue to help you, in turn :goodluck::circle-of-love:

I liked your message, I'm leading by example :winkyface: :high-five:

By the way, I'm sorry for not replying to your pm, I don't have 50 posts yet!

well im using vigoro all purpose continuously feed 6 month for fruit herb and flower and I have a total of 101watt cfl and is the humidity right what should I keep it at

Back
Top Bottom