Greenhorned First Indoor Attempt - LED Xnutes Soil - 3 Seeds

Greenhorned

O.K. so I'll attempt to keep a journal. with any luck it wont end up in the abandoned file.

:welcome: to my first indoor grow. I have only ever grown 1 other plant. It was bag seed that i grew in a 5 gallon pot outdoors. everything was a learning experience with this exhilarating grow and i took a lot of knowledge of the actual life stages of a pot plant from it. BTW it hermied and I plucked it prematurely. Not a happy ending with horrible product. Afterwards I was left with a desire to grow another. a huge desire. so much so i bought real seeds and some gear to try an indoor grow since i cant wait until June LOL.

So lets talk strains for the first trial grow...

I started with 4 all together, 2 freebie seeds : Monster & Pink Plant
and 2 autos : Flash - Annapurna (Super Auto) - Feminized
Joint Doctor - Diesel Ryder - Feminized

I got autos because i have never heard of them and wanted to try them out. The monster is a yielding plant with no other great qualities and the pink plant isnt anything special either i guess the pistils come out pink in the right conditions though.

There is a catch to this grow. my dog got to my tent and knocked things about when my back was turned and the labels got mixed up in the germination stage.

3 popped and 1 didn't so i am left with 3 strains that I'm guessing what they are :( .

well i will post pics and get you up to speed with more details next post which will be coming shortly.

Re: greenhorned first indoor attempt. LED Xnutes soil 3 seeds

this is the set up. 2 low wattage bub red and blue LEDs and a 240 Watt LED Grow Light from dorm grow

IMG_49533.JPG

put one of the seeds in a chia grow sponge to germinate for shits and giggles. the other plants are basil and cilantro my two other favorite herbs.

my best guess is this is the diesel lowryder but we shall see

IMG_49542.JPG

this is the chia pet. It has some pink on a baby leaf so I'm going with this as Pink Plant

IMG_49563.JPG

this is the late popper I really havnt a guess which this is im going to call it monster till it autos i guess.

IMG_49581.JPG

here are some more picst of the tent setup. I plan on getting a higher wattage LED next month for flowering. and using the one i have now for supplemental side lighting.

IMG_49591.JPG

IMG_49601.JPG

IMG_49612.JPG

these are the nutes I'm using.
IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_49631.JPG

IMG_49641.JPG

and this is the animal known as butt-head maximus or mike for short. He's the little guy that forked the whole i know which strain is which thing. grrrrrrrr

IMG_49651.JPG

So final details would be the plants are all 6 days from germination and have been sprouts for about three days minus the "slow monster" as i call her.

hope you join me on this great greenhorned growing extravaganza!!!!

I can use all the help i can get:thanks:

Greenhorned, while the mix up kinda sucks it will keep the grow more intersting. I'll pop back in, this might be fun! What size pots are you going to use this time?

true :) as far as pot size autos 3 gal. and the non auto will be put in a 5 gal'r to flower.

Ok update time.

I might only have two plants left for the first experimental grow. I do have
plenty of other sweet strains for my second grow but it looks like this one only two are going to grow. The last one to pop through the soil or "slow monster" as i call her, was getting some water when the water up rooted her.All she was was a stubby taproot that looked black on the tip and a seed sitting on top of the soil.

I performed surgery and took the seed casing off of the first two thick leaf things and replanted her in hopes some light getting to the "coitydilon leaf things?". Hopefully she gets green and starts growing some roots. Although i will keep my eye on her if she gets to flower in fear this will hermie her with the stress.
IMG_49564.JPG

IMG_49763.JPG

IMG_49773.JPG

the runt after surgery. we shall see if the operation was a success.

so here is the growth since a couple days ago. I took pics of all the plants since i was taking pics of the stubby surgery project.

IMG_49773.JPG

IMG_49543.JPG

the Basil
IMG_49553.JPG

cilantro

now the two plants that are really growing i have no idea what strain they are exactly. I do know they are either Annapurna auto-fem, Diesel Ryder auto-fem, Monster fem, or Pink plant fem.

IMG_49574.JPG

LED light with chia grow-sponge plant
IMG_49692.JPG

natural light with chia grow-sponge plant

IMG_49593.JPG

normal soil plant LED
IMG_49733.JPG

IMG_49742.JPG

normal soil plant natural light

more updates as things change to come.

ok. So a welding friend of mine gave me a full Co2 tank. how can i use this and will it harm my plants to blast the tent with Co2 and close it up a couple times a day?
Anyone ever used one before or is there a system for adding it to the air in your tent?

OK. so chia grow sponge was a bad idea. The sponge doesnt stay moist and has no nutrients of its own. I have no idea how the herbs are thriving so well in it. The leaves of the pot plant were dying today when i got back from Christmas at moms.

So I got rid of the sponge by carefully taring the sponge from the root and saving the middle tap root part as much as possible. i put the root in soil and gently propped up the plant. it looks good an hour later and I will take pics tomorrow for you if it is still alive.

I know i could have just transplanted the sponge in soil and a bigger pot, but since this is my first grow indoors i wanted to see how much i could push these and see where the breaking point is. I like experimenting anyways. we'll see tomorrow if the little girl is still alive.

I just gotta say these LED lights are the shiznit'l-bam-snip-snap-sac. I went with the Dormgrow LED rather than Advanced LED. I was going to go with a diamond series from Advanced LED next but think i'll go with the bigger Dormgrow light and a red flower boost UFO. to stay loyal.

If i get buds from these lights i am going on a mission to abolish energy wasting light bulbs and ballasts. well maybe not but i will promote the green way to grow your greens. lol.

this was too easy. plug hang and watch grow. That much ease gets me thinking there has to be a catch. So we'll see if the buds happen or not. I only have outdoors to compare to and so far 24/7 LED light is making my plants grow as well as the sun did if not faster.

OK, so as i said last night if the little girl was still alive i would post some pics.
IMG_5073.JPG

these are what i have left from the four original seeds i sprouted. two popped, one didnt, and one sorta did but didnt want to take root or grow. so i am left with to sprouts.

IMG_50752.JPG

IMG_50762.JPG

IMG_50794.JPG

IMG_50782.JPG

I wish i would have taken before pictures because this is night and day different than pre-surgery. I still has some curl and light discoloration on tips, but the curl was way worse and the spots were a quarter of the leaf and was brownish

IMG_50803.JPG

As you can see she is in repair mode so is much smaller than her dorm mate. But she is still going good. I forgot to add i added a small amount of superthrive to the soil after transplant to help with new root growth. Fingers are crossed she thrives and produces still.

I dont know if i am posting to much but its fun for me, and is making my grow that much better for me.

Man i cant wait till my new accessories come in the mail I've got roots coming out of these peat sprout pots.

I have a question. Do you have to put autos on 12/12 after they start flowering?

Hey all. im a complete noob when it comes to growing the ladies , so ill keep my eye on this journal since im looking to start led grow myself. thinking in starting with a pretty low wattage led , perhaps two 45 w.

Hey all. im a complete noob when it comes to growing the ladies , so ill keep my eye on this journal since im looking to start led grow myself. thinking in starting with a pretty low wattage led , perhaps two 45 w.

The two bulb style lights i have are 45 watters or were claimed to be in the hydro shops website. while they give of a good bright light i don't know how affective they would be a month from now by themselves. As far as light penetration goes. Take it for what it's worth since i am a fellow noobster.

Thanks for stopping by!:welcome:

Good to see another Sponsor's LED in a grow journal. :goodjob:

Hey thanks!

Funny thing is i was going to play it safe and go with the boards mainstream and pick up the smaller diamond series light from Advanced. When i went to there site it was choppy and links weren't working so i took it as a sign and went with Dormgrow which i had been debating with myself about.
i cant wait till i can afford a bigger light! not that this one doesn't suffice right now.

Back
Top Bottom