Greenhouse grown organics

naturaldoc

I have been growing plants from clones for about a month. I have a greenhouse with natural light and air. I planted in an organic soil mix that I made and have been watering with water and worm castings tea. The plants don't seem to be growing as fast as I would think they would (this is my first grow). Any suggestions?

I'm sure they will pick up in due time :thumb:

It may just be natural environmental conditions like to many cloudy days & not enough sun light this may well slow down growth a little.

Some people may white wash/shade their green house this might be done for privacy or to aid in cooling the green house etc but the thickness of the white wash will lower light penetration in the green house, not really sure if you have done that ? but worth a mention any ways.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if could be the amount of light or maybe overzealous watering. My greenhouse has double layer plastic. It is transluscent, so you can't really see through it.

Cheers for getting back with a reply :thumb:

Ye be careful with the watering you more likely don't have too do this daily at current stage of growth as the roots need to develop & go in search of moisture aka grow down... if there is a lot of moisture near the surface they are not going to go looking for it & may inhibit growth in some ways.

Mmm got a funny feeling the plastic used is lowering sun light penetration & you might want to strip that away !

At work we use bubble wrap plastic to insulate the green house in the winter as to lower the cost of the oil powered boiler which provides heating etc ye we take it down in spring when temps get warmer but hell ye it is pain as it can cause insane high temps & humidity problems on those odd warm days...

To me plastic is not just plastic it has properties as working in a horticultural trade including poly tunnels they are different grades of plastic which can be used from increased thermal properties to increased light exposure etc etc depending on what ya growing or needs !

I think a slight change of tactic's maybe needed ?

A double layer of plastic sheeting may suggest insulation is required but would depend on temperatures the plants are exposed to & i suspect mainly during the night time when temps are lower.

Not really knowing your out door environmental conditions makes it a little hard to point you in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom