Greenhouse Himalayan Gold 400W HPS Tent Grow

AlpineGrower

I have germinated just 4 Himalayan Gold seeds to put into my 1mx1mx2m tent in the hope they will fill the space provided... am hoping i don't regret the 'less is more' approach here!!
My reason for doing this is after spending hours reading different threads and journals, not just on 420....... (sorry guys, you're still the best in my humble opinion) :bravo: :420: .........and after seeing a couple of grows recently where plants were crammed into tight spaces fighting each other for light, I thought that given more space they will do better.. we shall see....

anyone have any input?? would be keen to hear some opinions from more experienced growers...

anyway... they are about a week old now and looking good, have stretched a bit, probably because of having to have the light raised up so as not to burn my EasyRyders which are only a week or two from harvest!! :yahoo: not too worried at the mo as will be transplanting the HG into bigger pots in another week or so, and will pot them nice and deep to encourage healthy roots.

3 have germed no probs, the 4th is being slow... hoping it pushes on thro soon... :goodluck:
the 3 so far in makeshift propagators..
100_29851.JPG

the little ladies..
100_29861.JPG

group shot.. not the best shot i've taken, will get more when i'm not so tired!
100_29881.JPG

EasyRyders in week 8...
100_29892.JPG

couldn't resist showing this off!! (she smells so good now) :thumb:
100_29871.JPG

these 2 are a couple of seeds my friend germed and we decided they would be happier in my tent so in they went..
on the left is FastBud and on the right is BioDiesel..
100_29902.JPG

they were both looking a bit sorry for themselves when they arrived, with what looked like a Mg deficiency, so gave them a weak BioBizz Biogrow feed and they've perked up nicely..
100_29912.JPG

I will keep them all on the 20/4 light cycle for another week or two, then it's onto 12/12 to start flowering the HG. I've read that giving plants 24 or even 48 hours of total darkness before harvest can boost resin production and make buds swell slightly....anyone got 1st hand knowledge of this?
also considering experimenting with a 12 or 24 hr dark period for the HG before going into 12/12 cycle too to kick start them into flower..

any input always much appreciated!!

Re: Greenhouse Himalayan Gold 400wHPS Tent Grow

I see signs that those sickly ones have bugs the white dots that you see there on the right leaf spray em down if you havn't friend.

looking good keep it up man

Green

Cheers Green,

yeah I was worried when i saw white dots too, but it's just tree pollen that has collected after rain (when they were outside getting some extra and free rays)
there was so much of it it was ridiculous.. covered everything!! my nose was a mess! thought it was the rootjuice i was spraying to start with but my well informed man at one of my grow shops put me straight..

thanks for the advice tho dude!!
just having a look thro your journal..... yes now!!!! :bravo: good work!!!!
love the names you've given to your pheno's

shitbags!!!
...just found what i think are mites, Green, i eat my words!! :oops: thank you for spotting it, not sure how you did that as i hadn't noticed them, and the pics weren't even that clear!! that's some jedi shit right there!!! (+rep.) ...what would you recommend to use to get rid of the little buggers? have read that soap and garlic can work, but if you have any experience and can share would be much appreciated!! :thumb: (gonna have a read thro the 420 pest section, am sure there's some useful info in there)

here's a couple of leaves i trimmed off as could see a couple of mites moving around:
100_2996.JPG

rest of the plant looks o.k, no sign of mites yet but not sure if I should cut 'em a bit earlier than planned and clean down the tent ready for the HG..... any comments welcome!!
as you can see the EasyRyders are nearly there....
100_29982.JPG

100_2997.JPG

could do with another week tho I think..
100_30001.JPG

100_29991.JPG

any comments are welcome!!!!

Alpine, those ER look good...close too! Another week never hurts :bravo:

Im on for this thread...your outdoor grow is anoter class so I wish you luck on the tent grow too :nicethread:

Oh Alpine, by the way..going back to your 1st post...I started with 16 plants under 600W HPS on my 1st grow and its gone down ever since....onto 6 next time out and still havent reached my optimum ideal. Also moved from hydro to soil for quality. They will take the space you allow them and I think bigger, healthier plants are the way forward having being responsible for too many cramped grows! Good luck bro:goodluck:

Thanks Spec. :thumb: your 'SlowBerry' (haha) are looking REAL good bro! bet you can't wait to chop them!!

On inspection today i can't see any more mites, :yahoo: but I did snip a few of the yellowing fan leaves off last night that I could see white spots on. (think these are the mite eggs that spraying won't kill apparently) and we have some new visitors too...
....was at work this morning doing some gardening, and found a few Ladybugs... and as I've read that they will eat some of the bugs i don't want in my tent... in they went!!! I'm all for the organic approach, so will see what happens!!

here's the ER's today post trim/ spray:
100_30011.JPG

Mary:
100_30071.JPG

Jane:
100_30031.JPG

Hello mate!!!!! :welcome:
100_30051.JPG

looks like it's just gonna be the 3 HG then...
100_3006.JPG

and I'm thinking these 3 are gonna get in on some 12/12 action shortly when the HG are ready...
100_30102.JPG

they are either WhiteRhino, PineappleChunk, or BidBud. not sure which as they came from a friend and he forgot which was which!! they were going out with the rest of my outdoor, but rekon they'll fill up my tent nicely, if they start to get in the way in a month or so then will put them outside as it'll be after the solstice by then anyway.

more to come soon....

o.k so things seem to be o.k today... only seen a couple of mites and sprayed those areas where white spots were still visible by eye..
here's a couple of shots of the top of my tent and my control gear in case anyone wants to see it!!...

carbon filter (re-fillable) and in-line fan..
100_3026.JPG

those easy-runners for the reflector/ light are awesome by the way... if you can get hold of them they are well worth the money!! mine were a donation from a very good friend... :)

here's the timer, ballast, control, and dimmer switch for the in-line fan speed:
100_3027.JPG

pretty boring really, but very essential kit, so thought I would share. want to tidy it up a bit so might post another pic if/ when I get round to it!

Azamax is a neem oil concentrate that works pretty well and also just a tip also if you do use any sort of oil spray make sure you turn your lights out, HID lighting will literly burn your plants the drops of oil are like magnifying glasses, and just keep a very good eye on them and be sure to clear all the bugs out before you start flowering your next group

IMO give it 2 weeks from the time you THINK they are gone, treat the whole two weeks like you would if you had bugs and then start back to your normal cycle.

its happen to me a couple times that i think i have them beat off start flowering and like week 4 when stuff just starts booming i find the damn things on the same problematic plants.

You can make your own sprays with with Garlic, cinnamon, rosemary, sage, and onions boil it for a long time then strain out the particles, you can change the ratio's for certain plants that dont like say cinnamon but seem to do fine with sage. just kinda mess around with differn't amounts of these herbs and you can find some good sprays.

also i dont recommend using practically any sprays in flower so like i said knock it out before your next go and you will be right as rain and be sure to dispose of all your trimmings from your auto's quickly so they cant re infest your other plants if they do by chance have them

sorry for the BLAH BLAH BLAH and thank you for the Rep :D

Ohh and i love lady bugs i keep them in my garden too, a tip... take old soda coke is good its really sticky, and dilute it to 50% soda 50% water, spray your little manly bug down and it will stick their wings down until they get wet, doesn't harm em and you can place them on your infected plants and its more likly they will stick around where you want them that way and not get sucked up in your exhaust or burn in your light.

Green, some TOP tips there, thank you very much dude!! will defo. be doing a proper clean down of the tent before i start the 12/12 cycle. will also try some of those different ingredients you suggested in the spays and see what happens. will report back with results!
the ladybugs were a bit of an experiment too, wasn't sure if they'd survive in the tent, but they looked like they were doing something when i put them onto the worst affected ER. hoping they were eating all the mites!! haha!!! have some of that you little f**kers!!

was thinkin i might chop one of the ER's after the weekend, once they've had a good flush twice...
my question is: do i chop both ER's or leave the one that looks a bit behind the other? was interested to see how it would respond to the switch to 12/12.. am going to try the 12-24hrs of total darkness before the switch to see what effect (if any) it has on the ER's, HG's and others. will report back with my findings....

and when your testing your sprays just do a shade leaf or two, if it looks like shit after you do it then you know its not a good spray for that plant or maybe too concentrated

thanks Green, will try it once I've cooked up my next batch..

hey just been wondering how long i should veg the HimaG's for...???? any input would be a help... the BioBizz feeding schedule says 2 weeks veg. then flower for 10-12 weeks..
the HG's look so tiny after a week, am thinking they're gonna need at least another 2 weeks..??? but then the 3 misc. i have out on the deck look almost ready to start on 12/12... ARGH!!! what to do!!!!????? :scratchinghead:

Alpine

Alpine, definitely make the effort to get that tent treated before you put the next batch onto flower. Ive never had mites but I have heard from fellow growers that once you get them you need to nail em or they will literally come back and bites your next plants in the ass!

Always a difficult one when youve got plants of different sizes...maybe go for some LST or heavy FIMing to keep them down while the HG catch up?

Im sure you will come up with a good plan though dude :goodluck:

just wait till they look like they are mature plants, and its true kill the borg or be assimilated

thanks for the advice boys.. :thanks: am all over those little f**kers like a rash from now on!!

had a quick peek in the tent when i got home from work:

BOOYAH!!!!!! :yahoo: (Mary....)
100_30601.JPG

100_30641.JPG

100_30631.JPG

say what now????
100_30661.JPG

she's gettin the chop on Thurs... Jane is gonna need a few more days..

Alpine, dude, those look amazing! They are covered and it looks like its basically all bud....manicure is gonna take you a couple minutes....max!!

Top work, hope your HimaG go just as well :goodluck:

so then... Mary got the chop today.. :woohoo: Spec you were right on trimming time, didn't take long at all! :high-five:

weighed it out of interest.. just over 100 grams. pretty pleased with that!! might get an ounce once it's dried and cured (i hope!) :thanks: little lady!
100_30784.JPG

the drying cupboard (with fan)
100_30773.JPG

Jane gets chopped on Monday so will post some more pics then...

Looking good alpine great grow so far big fan of the tent grow im posted on this one brother as for your mites keep checking your other ladies I had a run in with taking in one of my buddy's outdoor plant an throwing it in my closet grow back in the day an scattered mites everywhere on all my ladies....Lady bugs do the job good luck an cant wait

Back
Top Bottom