Greenhouse in a forest

Long Dong

I want to start an outdoor grow in a forest. I know many people have successfully grown in forests. However, the community I primarily participate in has basically laughed at the idea. I found it rather immature, and frustrating, so I came here seeking constructive input.

People are saying I will not get enough sun. They say that a greenhouse needs to be in the open. Then why can plants be grown in a forest outside of a greenhouse? I don't see the difference. I'd love to do that, problem is, I don't have the space on my property. I really, really want to do this outdoor grow right, and it seems the only viable option is to grow inside of a forest. I have 3 months to plan.

I'm thinking about ideas for covering it as well. One idea is to house my greenhouse in a white fiberglass corrugated roofing building. Supposedly, this material appears opaque, but actually allows plenty of light in for plants. I also came up with the idea depicted below.

california24f6a.png

So, what do you guys think? I'm going to post this on several communities. If everyone thinks it's a stupid ass idea then so be it, I'll scrap it.

How many full sun exposure hours a day on average in the spring/summer?

I'm thinking about ideas for covering it as well. One idea is to house my greenhouse in a white fiberglass corrugated roofing building. Supposedly, this material appears opaque, but actually allows plenty of light in for plants. I also came up with the idea depicted below.

So, what do you guys think? I'm going to post this on several communities. If everyone thinks it's a stupid ass idea then so be it, I'll scrap it.

LD,
I built a 10x20 greenhouse out of 2x4 studs and the White Fiberglass panels you mentioned many years ago. The greenhouse was in the middle of an open big yard with the sun shining directly on it, no trees blocking. Although it did allow enough light for photosynthesis to occur, the plants can't get enough light through the panels to really grow properly. Both years, the plants were leggy and stretched beyond healthy, and produced thin weak buds. Just my experience though, others may have had different results.

Best of Buds

JB:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom