Greenhouse Perpetual Grow In The Tropics

cbdhemp808

Hey everyone, here's my veg greenhouse, photo taken today.

@gwhunran @Tkmk @The70’s @TwelveCoffee @Buds Buddy @HappyHazmat88 @Vegan4life @stardawg17 @Gandalfthewhite @Foss @Ganja Droid 420 @PREZEE @Phytoplankton @Diyandimitrov @Trala @HappyDays @NuggetJuggler @Phillybonker @kisshell @Farmer Reading @Grand Daddy Black @Tokin Roll @DeeBoy @Kanno26 @Jon @Brewsterman @Cola Monster @Sloppy @Bill284 @Braddah Waiheesohai

Veg/clone greenhouse w/ photoperiod lighting, 13w daylight spectrum LEDs.

The bigger plants are in 15 gal. smart pots. Custom living soil mixture including coco, perlite, homegrown worm compost, and all vegan organic nutrients. I use Mycos root booster "in the hole" when I up pot.

The Blue Dream and Gelato genetics are the most impressive plants I've ever grown – huge leaves and fast growing. The growth pattern makes me feel like they want to be big trees! I'm looking forward to how these turn out, and to take clones and grow the clones, which I'm guessing will have more dense branching than the seedlings. Genetics from Northern Cali. Interesting to see the Blue Dream cross next to Gelato cross – similar growth habit and leaves, but the Gelato is a lighter shade of green (same soil and conditions).

First time I've grown a 100% indica plant – Godzilla.

the_grow1.jpg

Nice looking garden you have there @cbdhemp808

Will you be doing a grow journal?
Thanks :) I might do a grow journal once I fix up my big greenhouse w/ tall roof, do some cloning of the latest seedlings, and then grow some trees in there over the summer.

First time I've grown Godzilla... huge fan leaves with 9 leaflets. Probably around 60% indica – the lineage is definitely not 100% indica as claimed by the seed seller. Does anyone have a favorite 100% indica strain?

godzilla_9leaflet-1.jpg

The Gelato cross and Blue Dream cross seedlings are getting tall! Interesting leaf color difference here... same soil and growing environment. (Sorry for photo quality... I need a new camera... uh, I mean a new phone. ;))

Gelato cross:
gelato_cross_top-1.jpg

Blue Dream cross:
blue_dream_cross_top-1.jpg

Not that it matters much, but I mislabeled my original photo. I started the Gelato cross first, and there are 3 of them. The Blue Dream cross came a bit later, and there are 2 of those. Both are 65-70% indica strains.

The Gelato cross can reach 30% THC, with very big buds and very high myrcene content. The Blue Dream cross should be over 20% THC, and bug/mold resistant – I'm very interested to see how that plays out in our mold-prone environment. The Blue Dream cross is a fast grower and the one on the left is now the tallest plant in the forest. It may be getting a bit more light than the others. These two strains will likely turn out to be the best THC genetics I have grown so far. That said, I do enjoy the GSC x Kush, and it's a very good cloner.

the_grow2.jpg

In other news, I harvested a single CBG plant the other day. I got 1-1/2 quarts of dried bud. The stuff is fantastic... major body high... it felt like an energy body realignment. Very high pain relief qualities. Would be awesome for massage and yoga. Buds are sort of blue-ish, not a lot of resin or terpenes. I'm guessing about 15% CBG, almost zero THC, and very little CBD. Some pics...

CBG_plant1.jpg

CBG_bud1.jpg

CBG_bud2.jpg

CBG_buds1.jpg

In other news, I harvested a single CBG plant the other day. I got 1-1/2 quarts of dried bud. The stuff is fantastic... major body high... it felt like an energy body realignment. Very high pain relief qualities. Would be awesome for massage and yoga. Buds are sort of blue-ish, not a lot of resin or terpenes. I'm guessing about 15% CBG, almost zero THC, and very little CBD. Some pics...

CBG_plant1.jpg

CBG_bud1.jpg

CBG_bud2.jpg

CBG_buds1.jpg
Nice haul my friend. :welldone:
The garden looks great.
Hope your having a fantastic day.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Now I need to move 3 plants to the flower house, but first need to get clones of those started. Also need to up pot about 5 plants.

In 9 days, the 5 Gelato and Blue Dream pictured above are now getting above the level of the lights... they are growing really fast and looking perfect... stout stems and huge leaves. I'm not used to plants like this! I'll need to string the lights up higher. When they reach the new level of the lights, I'll need to move them out and flower them. But maybe sooner than that. I may also need to top some of the 5, so that I can keep some in veg longer – I don't want 5 huge plants flowering at the same time... would be too much bud material for me to process at once!

In other news, I harvested a single CBG plant the other day. I got 1-1/2 quarts of dried bud. The stuff is fantastic... major body high... it felt like an energy body realignment. Very high pain relief qualities. Would be awesome for massage and yoga. Buds are sort of blue-ish, not a lot of resin or terpenes. I'm guessing about 15% CBG, almost zero THC, and very little CBD.
That's interesting, cbd. What strain did you grow? I have some CBG seeds I'm thinking about cracking but have limited space so am deciding between that and a cbd plant.

The CBG is some stuff I got from a guy in Colorado. It doesn't have a strain name. What CBD plant are you considering?

The CBG is some stuff I got from a guy in Colorado. It doesn't have a strain name. What CBD plant are you considering?
The seeds I have are ACDC which I understand to be a phenotype of Cannatonic, just with much higher and more consistent CBD to THC ratios.

The seeds I have are ACDC which I understand to be a phenotype of Cannatonic, just with much higher and more consistent CBD to THC ratios.
For CBD, another 20:1 variety is Ringo's Gift, and there's 25:1 Suzy Q and Valentine X (some phenos can reach 25%). I have 3 phenos of a CBD variety that reach around 10-12% CBD. Trying RG now... got a couple seedlings up and going. Another one I'd like to try is Harle-Tsu, indica dominant and some phenos reach 24% CBD. Harle-Tsu may be a better one for sleepy time.

I harvested a nice CBD plant today... tall plant and hefty yield for a 6 gal. pot! Buds are nicely ripe and clean, with dark green sugar leaves. This is one of the best outcomes I've had for a CBD plant. I'll be busy trimming tonight, and start drying them in the dehydrator – I know, it's sacrilege, but best I can do right now. Hopefully we'll have a sunny day tomorrow, and I can continue the drying in the greenhouse, in paper bags. Eventually, I'm planning two drying methods, one a closet-size drying room with dehum, the other the cold-drying method in a mini-fridge.

In the veg house I did some repair on my cloning setup... have a solid plywood cover now (sun sheild) over the cloning table, instead of the cardboard that the cats bent out of shape because they like to hang out up there. I've got 8 clones going now, and ready to move 3 plants to the flower house.

Moved 3 plants to the flower house – the 2 GSC x Kush and the little Maui Wowie clone mom – creating much needed space in the veg house. Moved the veg plants around for better spacing, and up potted a couple small seedlings. All plants looking fantastic. The Gelato-x and Blue Dream-x have shot up, and I elevated some of the lighting. All plants got a solid watering, w/ high-N fert in the water.

In other news, there's one more CBD plant almost finished in the flower house. This one produced a very nice yield for a smallish plant, and my careful pruning paid off. Here's some pics...

CBD_top_buds1.jpg

it's a 2-stem plant, and each stem ends with a "big" cola :) ... here's one of them
CBD_colas1.jpg

CBD_top_bud1.jpg

CBD_trichomes1.jpg

it's a 2-stem plant, and each stem ends with a "big" cola :) ... here's one of them
Noticed a spot of bud rot on that cola this morning when I was spraying peroxide... will need to harvest today.

The harvest went well – it's the best harvest I've had yet, with lots of fat, dense buds. And from a 6 gal. plastic pot! I would say these buds are about twice as big as what I usually get from this CBD pheno. I think this pheno is more indica-leaning, and is less mold and bug resistant than the last CBD plant I harvested, on Saturday. I decided to harvest early, because of the top cola that had one spot of bud rot. Thankfully I didn't see any other mold to speak of when I was trimming. Even though virtually all the stigmas had turned brown, the trichomes were not as ripe as I'd like, with the majority being clear, with some milky. I didn't see many that were amber. Oh well, next time I will hit this pheno with ample foliar worm tea early on, to hopefully produce a more mold-resistant environment.

Here's some pics... sorry, my phone camera isn't the greatest

trimmed_CBD_buds1.jpg

these are all the largest buds from that plant

trimmed_CBD_buds2.jpg

nighttime photos in the flower house, night before harvest. even lower buds were well developed.

CBD_yield_greenlight1.jpg

CBD_yield_greenlight2.jpg

CBD_yield_greenlight3.jpg

next up, two GSC x Kush plants (15 gal. smart pots), and a small Maui Wowie (3? gal plastic pot). all clones, and I've lost track of what generation. these should be ready in about 5-7 weeks.

flower_house_next_up1.jpg

Hi @cbdhemp808 !
@Azimuth said you have a greenhouse grow going. So you mind if I tag along?
Thank you.

Hi @cbdhemp808 !
@Azimuth said you have a greenhouse grow going. So you mind if I tag along?
Thank you.
Hey @el gringuito, you are most welcome! Yeah, I've got a veg/clone house and a flower house. I use photoperiod lighting in the veg house... i.e. "night interruption", to control flowering. I'm off-grid in Hawaii, where are you?

Hey @cbdhemp808 , thanks!
@Emilya and @Azimuth have been helping me with my basic techniques (a lot). I still have a long ways to go. I showed up with some totally wrong ideas, and they have been patiently advising me, and helping me get my head on straight. (And a lot of other people have been helping, too.)

Hawaii sounds great! I visited there once for three weeks (and I think everyone hates to leave!).

I am currently on grid on the outskirts of a small town in the Colombian Andes, seeking to go off-grid in the Colombian Andes in a farming area.
We still have a few snags to work out with the visa process (and we will see what happens after the election), but if everything goes well, we hope to build a self-sustainable farm.
We lose power every few weeks here, so it makes sense to figure out how to use a greenhouse. I don't think the yields or the intensity will ever compare to indoors under lights, but at least it will be free, and natural.

Right now I have a makeshift pvc-pipe-and-plastic greenhouse, but if we can find a good place, probably we will build one in glass.
Right now I am growing everything autos, because we have super strong night security lights here (and you can literally read by them).
When I can I want to go back to photoperiods, but for right now I want to learn all I can about autos, in case for some reason I am not able to get rid of the night security light situation.
Your plants are looking good!

Back
Top Bottom