Greenhouse Seed Co Kalashnikova - Soil - CFL - Indoor

easyryder

This is my first grow journal and my first attempt at a Hempy grow.

Strain: GHS KALASHNIKOVA (AK47 x White Widow)
Medium: Hempy (perlite) indoor, Soil outdoor

Ordered 5 fem seeds from Attitude on 6/7/13. Did not opt for the guaranteed shipping. Received on 6/14/13 along with 1 fem KANNABIA SEEDS Thai Fantasy Auto freebie. Everything arrived quickly and safely. Germinated 1 Kalashnikova using the paper towel method on 6/16/13. Seed popped on 6/18/13. Planted in a cup with potting soil and seedling broke through the soil today 6/20/13. I'll be cloning off this Kalashnikova for the indoor Hempy and moving this girl outside to flower.

My previous grows include Nirvana's BLUE MYSTIC and NORTHERN LIGHTS. The NL was amazing. I grew out 6 of the 10 seeds in total, 1 of the BM as I killed the first 4 seeds (first time learning experience) and all 5 of the NL. Decided to try some different genetics. I love Nirvana but there are so many great strains out there and I want to try everything. After ordering the Kalashnikova, I read some terrible things about the strain. But I'm not worried. Looking forward to getting some more experience under my belt.

Pics are the corner of my room where the tent is, behind a large piece of bedroom furniture. Seedling pic taken today. I'll update every few days. Enjoy the ride!

image2444.jpg
image2450.jpg
image2445.jpg
image2451.jpg
image2449.jpg

Re: Greenhouse Seed Co Kalashnikova - Hempy CFL indoor, Soil outdoor grow

subscribed. seedlings do not require too much light, you can use 1 compact florescent light bulb.

Hey KingJohnC. Thanks for subscribing. I've always done it this way and it seems to work well.

Also, I like to practice patience and leave my plants alone for 2-3 days at a time, then when I check on her, I get to really see what kind of growth she's had. Ill be checking on her today, then again on Sunday. Ill update with pics. Have a good weekend everybody.

Just shot this pic. Wet the soil
image2468.jpg
. I'm leaving for the weekend. Back Sunday evening. She'll be fine without me. Ill update again on Sunday.

Just got back from South Lake Tahoe. Great weekend. Hiked Mt Tallac to the summit. Great views. The little Kalashnikova is doing well. She put out her first pair of leaves and she's working on putting out the second. The soil is still moist from Friday. No need for water. Ill check in on her again in 2 days and give an update.

image2520.jpg

Checked on the little Kalashnikova today. She's put out some good new growth in the last 48 hours. The soil is still plenty moist. No need for water.

Tomorrow I'm visiting a good friend. We grew out one of my Northern Lights fem from Nirvana on his balcony last year. Tomorrow we'll do it again with another Kalashnikova. Not sure yet if that will be the only outdoor plant. I may still add one at my place as well. Of course, ill update with pics as the weeks go on. I might even make it the freebie Thai Fantasy Auto. Here's the little Kalashnikova, 5 days from breaking through the soil.

image2557.jpg

Day 9. She's doing well. Not as green as I'm used to seeing but she's healthy. I'll be transplanting as soon as the roots hit the bottom of the cup. Should be in a few days.

Two nights ago, my friend and I put the fem KANNABIA SEEDS Thai Fantasy Auto freebie in a paper towel to germinate. It's at his place so I'm hoping things are going to go well. As soon as she breaks through the soil, I'll update with pics, though not as frequently as the Kalashnikova.

I anticipate I'll let her go to 4 weeks before I take any cuttings. The Kalashnikova will remain in soil and I'll put her outside a week or two after I take the cuttings. The clones will go into peat pellets and then hempys. My tent is small so it'll either be one or two plants max. I'm going to take a few cuttings to get my feet wet, but I'll only keep the strongest. Next update is Sunday night.

image2611.jpg

Day 11. Still waiting for roots to hit the bottom. She's healthy and looking really good. The temps have been in the 90's but she's not showing any negative signs. Actually, most of my grows have been in high heat as I have no fan at any time during the grows. I've never used a fan for exhaust or even to move air in the tent. I only keep the exhaust port open and the bottom flaps partially open to naturally pull in fresh air as the heat escapes out the top. I've never had any of my plants show any signs of heat stress. We'll see how this girl progresses. I don't anticipate any issues, but then again I've never grown hempy. Here she is at day 11.

image2653.jpg

Day 13. Love waiting 2 days to see her and find new growth. Such a great thing to see. Still no roots at the bottom! I sound like a broken record. Nothing but water to this point. Ill be transplanting sometime over the weekend and adding nutes. Ill be using Osmocote. Next update is 3 days away on Friday. Ill probably wait to transplant on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great 4th. Here she is.

image2708.jpg

Day 16. She's ready for transplant. Ill have to do it Sunday. I was expecting more growth to this point, but she's healthy.

Got some Girl Scout Cookies a few days ago. Good smoke but not my favorite. There is so much good smoke these days it's hard to be disappointed if you have a nice selection to choose from. You gotta love medical clubs. Anyway, on to the pic. Next update: transplant Sunday.

image2765.jpg

Day 21. Very slow growth to this point. The soil I used was absolute garbage. I've only run FFOF to this point, and this time I went with the cheap garden variety. Never again. Went out and got some organic soil and transplanted Monday, 2 days ago. She's enjoying her new home MUCH better. Next update Friday.

image2882.jpg
image2883.jpg

Day 24. Took these pics yesterday. The Osmocote was added on the transplant. My previous grows have shown much better growth. This little Kalashnikova is really taking her time. Looks like a couple more weeks until I can pull clones and put her outside to flower. Next update is Tuesday.

image2933.jpg
image2932.jpg

Day 26. The Kalashnikova is loving this organic potting soil and the transplant. Finally seeing some good growth. Looks like things will be picking up. She looks nice and healthy. Soil still plenty moist. No need to water. Ill check back in 2 days with an update. On to the pics.

image2954.jpg
image2953.jpg

Day 28, the end of week 4. Gave her a good soaking today. Should really get that Osmocote to release into the soil and get more nutrients in her. I was disappointed to learn that Osmocote+ is no longer available. This is just the regular Osmocote. Not sure if that will work for the Hempy setup. I may try it but hopefully I'll find a good replacement. On to the pics.

image3004.jpg
image3003.jpg

Day 32. Just got back from a great weekend in Yosemite. I hiked with a few friends to Half Dome. Hike was amazing. In all, we spent 12 hours on the trail, stopping to take in the scenery along the way. A third of the way up the cables, the looming clouds overhead spit out some serious thunder. That was enough to convince me to turn around. Ill be back Half Dome.

Met a girl who was just starting the John Muir Trail. She was anticipating 20 days straight for a total of 211 miles. Respect.

Ran into a black bear on the drive out. He just stood there and stared at us for a few minutes before disappearing into the woods. Pretty cool experience. Luckily we were able to get a few pics.

Hadn't seen the Kalashnikova in 4 days. I knew she wouldn't need any water after the drenching I have her. She's still plenty moist and Ill leave her alone for another 2 days. Growth looks good, and she's nice and green. Enjoy the pics.
image3062.jpg
image3061.jpg

Hey there! Im sub'd.
Im growing Kalashnikova from GH as well.
Cheers, :peace: Good weed!

Back
Top Bottom