Greenislands 5 Gallon Upgrade Ebb & Gro TEK

No.... There is one pump in the "control" bucket. And one pump in the reservoir. When the the control bucket gets full so do all the other "plant" buckets. And when its 15 minutes is up and its ready to go back down again the "control" buckets pumps the water back into the reservoir. In the control bucket there is a float that tells the pump when to stop pumping so it doesnt run itself dry. And what happens is the pump rather quickly empties the water in the "control bucket" cause its only like 3 gallons (if that). But after it pumps all the water out of the control bucket all the other plant buckets by gravity will flow into the control bucket because their all plumbed together and its now pretty much empty (the control bucket). So as the plant buckets empty into the control bucket the control bucket will obviously start to fill up again so once again a float triggers the pump in the control unit to go on again. And this happens over and over until there isnt hardly any water left in the control bucket or the plant buckets. Like I said before you need to remember that the control bucket is plumbed into all the plant buckets so if the control bucket fills the plant buckets fill. And if the control bucket empties the plant buckets are emptied.
I hope that helps. I know it is probably pretty hard to grasp all this when its in text but I just got my control module today so the entire 5 gallon ebb and gro set is finally going to be finished and maybe that will help you visualize it. I have everything I need to get started. The only thing now thats in my way is that now my Girly wants to have a nice three day weekend with just the two of us, which roughly translates to ...NO WORKING ON YOUR DAMN HYDRO SHIT OR FORUMS! for me. So it just might be monday or tuesday before the completed TEK is actually up and viewable. Sorry to everyone who has been waiting so long for this to come together. I know its taken me FOREVER. So I just need to make it through the weekend with the girlfriend and then its back to working and playing with my toys. And next weeks toys will be 2- 1000watt Lumatek dimmables, a lightrail install, and of course the ending to this 5 gallon ebb and gro TEK. Thanks for veiwing everyone. Once again!

:ganjamon::blushsmile:
No.... There is one pump in the "control" bucket. And one pump in the reservoir. When the the control bucket gets full so do all the other "plant" buckets. And when its 15 minutes is up and its ready to go back down again the "control" buckets pumps the water back into the reservoir. In the control bucket there is a float that tells the pump when to stop pumping so it doesnt run itself dry. And what happens is the pump rather quickly empties the water in the "control bucket" cause its only like 3 gallons (if that). But after it pumps all the water out of the control bucket all the other plant buckets by gravity will flow into the control bucket because their all plumbed together and its now pretty much empty (the control bucket). So as the plant buckets empty into the control bucket the control bucket will obviously start to fill up again so once again a float triggers the pump in the control unit to go on again. And this happens over and over until there isnt hardly any water left in the control bucket or the plant buckets. Like I said before you need to remember that the control bucket is plumbed into all the plant buckets so if the control bucket fills the plant buckets fill. And if the control bucket empties the plant buckets are emptied.

gotcha! thanx man.That definetly clears it up, perfectly in fact.Can't figure out how i didn't get it in the first place. So it's the control bucket is the heart of it all. GOTCHA!

... The only thing now thats in my way is that now my Girly wants to have a nice three day weekend with just the two of us, which roughly translates to ...NO WORKING ON YOUR DAMN HYDRO SHIT OR FORUMS! for me...

Damn i feel like I'm in groundhog day...

Thats the way it always happens.Finally at the finish line then (((WHAP!!))) like a 2x4 hitting you in the gut..we'll still be here though.now it's time to smoke one for GREENISLANDS JOURNEY..
:rollit::passitleft:....ahhh thats better

:ganjamon::blushsmile:

gotcha! thanx man.That definetly clears it up, perfectly in fact.Can't figure out how i didn't get it in the first place. So it's the control bucket is the heart of it all. GOTCHA!

Damn i feel like I'm in groundhog day...

Thats the way it always happens.Finally at the finish line then (((WHAP!!))) like a 2x4 hitting you in the gut..we'll still be here though.now it's time to smoke one for GREENISLANDS JOURNEY..
:rollit::passitleft:....ahhh thats better

groundhogs day lol
haha i like the use of the smilies lol.. nice butch, illl bring my RooR. :roorrip:

2 pumps 1 in the res and 1 in the control. one pumps from res to control, which gravity floods the buckets, the the other pumps back into the res from the control bucket.

thats what i get out of this system.

Me too!

I read GI's well explained description of the system and what came to mind was pretty much the short version that Weedy voiced.;)

NOW I understand about your wanting a larger controller box to go along with the larger buckets, starting to make sense.:idea:

Ok then. :popcorn:

DD

Ok so I kn ow this is me just being unfair and a tease, lol, but here are a few pics that I snapped of the new equipment I got for the new room. I have just about enough time to take them and get them poasted then the girl will be here and I will have to retire my green thumb until monday night. sorry guys, I hate to do this to ya but if I dont listen to her and do finish it up I face dire consequences, lol. Anyhow heres some of my new toys that I will be playing with next week as I build the next room. AND CHECK OUT THOSE 1000watt Lumatek dimmables! Swwwweeeeeeeet!! lol, lol, lol

100_1210_-_Copy.jpg

100_1210_-_Copy.jpg

100_1215_-_Copy.jpg

100_1217_-_Copy.jpg

alrite weedy its up to me and you , hes gone time to go set it up. Could you just imagine his face.lol:whoa::whoa::whoa: then we would be stand there saying :ciao::ciao: and right after that it would be time to :rollit: then :passitleft: and right before we walk out just one more..:bigtoke:..ahh now thats a weekend..

I leave you guys alone for 2 days and I have ya already tryin to set my stuff up. lol. You can kinda see the new light rail and slave rail in the backround there. And the drive unit for the new light rail is sitting there above the lumatek ballasts (the smaller boxes). I still need 2x4's and stuff to frame the room and a few ducting peices but other than that Im pretty much set. So hopefully you all can wait another couple days until I can get it all put up. I think Im gonna need some help, hmmmm.

Oh and yeah...those dimmable lumateks set me back something like $800. But the option to dimm and to have "SUPER LUMENS" was all I needed to throw down. The Quantum dimmable 1000watts I hear are just excellent. But Im kinda going out on a limb trying the new Lumatek "dimmables" But as Im sure everyone knows here Im a sucker for shiny new equipment, and im always trying to get new equipment to demonmstrate how it works too of course.

Also I need some advice. How does everyone feel about the new "hydro innovations" equipment? The "hydrogen" the 8"water cooled radiators for cooling lights and all that mumbo jumbo. I would have to get a water cooler which is expensive and takes electricity. And my main reason for doing this would be to reduce electrical consumption by my AC unit which right now is straining to keep things cool. So do I buy this stuff, or no? It would run mjy something like just under $2000 to get all the equipment. meening the water cololed CO2 generator (which looks badass!!) a 1/2 hp water chiller, a 50 gallon reservoir (for outside of the room), 4-8" water cooled radiatiors for ALL of my lights (one on each 1000watt and 2 in the room with the 3 600watt lights), and RF sheilds for all of them to keep the heat in.

All that equipment in the pic ran me about $2000 too pick up, and to spend another 2k I would need a good reason. It takes me a long time to save this kind of money so i want to make a good choice. Ideally if I did drop that $2K on hydro-innovations stuff I would hope that it would pay me back over time in electric bills, I hear that using water is much more efficiant to cool the garden than air but I just am not sure if I would actually see those savings, u know. Anyhow, what does everyone think? (I found a a few spare minutes away from the girlie to play "forum" for a couple minutes , YEAH!)

Back
Top Bottom