Greenisland's Humate Supreme Organic Grow

Right on Sanibel. That is exactly the thought behind the big pots. Ive read before that you should have a gallon for every foot of heigth you want your plant to grow. Well that would meen you should have a 5 gallon bucket for a 5 foot tall plant and in my opinion thats not enough. I have always put almost all of my flowering plants into 7 or even better 10 gallon pots.

In a side by side comparison the same plants started at the same time , one in a #5 bucket and one in a #10 the #10 (actually like 7 gallons) well outperformed the #5 after about 2 weeks.

So typically,...and this is extremely "generalized" but if you get a larger pot you will get a larger plant with larger buds. In my experience the same plant in a #10 as apposed to a #5 will produce almost an ounce more per plant.

The buckets in these pics are pics of #5 buckets...which are actually 3.7 gallons. They should do for this room cause the plants will be staying pretty small cause of the 600watt (as apposed to a 1000watt). Typically though these plants would be transplanted again into a even larger bucket of about 7-10gallons.

Everything looks gravy in the garden! Ive been at work a lot recently so sorry the updates have been fewer. I will try and get a new vid up here soon though and I expect to have updated pics up soon as well.

Thanks for stopping in everyone!!!!!

:thumb: Yup this is true for soil grow.You can do hempy or bubble buckets at 3 gallons or even 2 for indoor for a healthy 5-6ft plant as long as you have an added resevoir.My opinion is this is much better for indoor when space is limited.

Ok, so after yet another impromptu move Im back. We had issues with the last place. Not legal or anything cause we were straight on that....anyhow, those of you who know me know what happened.

In any case Im back with the pics of the last few days and the aftermath.

I had an issue with my PPM module getting stuck...its old though and has been thru a lot so I shouldve known better than to use it.

In any case the PPMs were at 3500 when I went in and took this pic....yikes!!
IMAG01305.jpg

The plants didnt like that to much but after I got it back down they were looking much better.

IMG953280.jpg

All chopped and drying!

IMAG00634.jpg

I pulled just over 3 lbs from this crop....heres a pic with it all assimilated into a drying room with other product.

IMAG0129_2_.jpg

Heres me in the middle of turning the trim into bubble hash!

IMG958266_2_.jpg

IMG952819.jpg

In the end Humate Supreme worked out wonderfully! The taste is incredible,..even with a short flush because of the drama.

Humate supreme proved to be a valid producer of high quality organic nutrients.

A big thanks goes out to Humate for sponsoring this grow! The patients that received the meds from this garden couldnt be happier. Good taste, smell, yield and healthy plants...that just about sums up humate supreme.

If anyone has any questions regarding this grow and humate supreme please feel free to PM me anytime and I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

On to the next line of work!

So potsmurf Im glad to hear you got a setup going!

In order to post a video you need to upload it to youtube, once you do that go to youtube and watch your video... while your video is playing, copy the link in your address bar. Then all you have to do is come to 420magazine and use the hyperlink button on top of every post. Just put in your address that you copied from youtube and there ya go!

As far as seeds go, you are right and wrong. Many times seeds that come from a bag of dank buds will Not grow as good as its parents....on the other hand it is absolutally possible that you could get a super danky new strain. Many famous strains we have today came to us this way for example the famous UK Cheese was a seed found in a bag of skunk#1!

Seeds are like children, they arent always the same as there parents, in fact their rarely the same.

The problem with seeds that come out of a bag is that they are primarily going to have tendencies to hermaphrodite. This is because the chances are that if theres a seed in some dank it was probably not around other male plants which means the only way it could have been pollinated is by itself and the "chronic" buds you were smoking actually had hermaphroditic male flowers.

The hermi trait may or may not be prevelent with any particular offspring/seed but the chances are much better that you will get a hermi than if it was a seed made by a purely male and a purely female plant. The one good think coming from this is that usually the seed will be a female just because there was no pure male genetics involved with making this seed.

The other issue you run into with seeds (any seeds) is that they arent the same as their parents, meaning that you could end up with all the least desirable traits in your new seed and none of the desirable traits you saw in the mother (your bag). This issue is why its so time consuming to create a good hybrid,...you have to grow out dozens, sometimes hundreds or even thousands of different seeds to find that one plant that took the best of its parents and didnt get any of the bad traits.

Typically speaking there are many more undesirable traits that can show thru than desirable traits so its just a coin toss and YES you are right that the odds arent in your favor, However.... im sure the plant will still be of decent or atleast good quality, it just probably wont be one of those super amazing strains either. To get one of those strains going takes time, money, patience, and more time as well as ultimate dedication to the project at hand.

Hope the info helps you understand how seeds and breeding work ...well atleast in the most basic of circumstances.

Post a pic of your plant and ill tell ya what I think Potsmurf!

Thanks again for posting and tuning in everyone.

Sorry it was such a lazy forum for me but a lot has been going on recently. Speaking of which I just got my LLC license for GreenislandsGardens.com Come check it out! We do consults...(we charge for these kind of questions, lol, if they only knew to ask me on here, lol) as well as sell t-shirts and sign people up for MMJ grow classes.

Come check us out at https://greenislandsgardens.com

Also please visit this forums sponsor at Grow Healthy Medical Marijuana with Humate Supreme

Thank you EVERYONE for your patience.

As always, Stay Hi, GI

youtube.comI am growing with an ebb and gro 12 site hydroponic set-up. I am only currently growing 3 plants. I am using a 400 watt HPS light. I have my surrounding walls covered in mylar. I keep my light between 12-18 inches away from my plant tops. I keep a ph between 5.8 and 6.2. I change my reservoir every 10-12 days depending on water levels. I vegged for 30 days. I am 21 days into flowering. My reservoir is being aerated by a 60 gallon air pump from wal-mart. I put 2in. PVC spacers in between my two buckets for each plant. EXAMPLE: One bucket has holes and sits in the other. I have the spacer in between them so my roots don't sit in the retained water. You get the point I'm sure. I've done my research. I am currently using BC boost,bc bloom, sugar daddy, awesome blossoms, thrive alive b-1 red, and magiCal nutes. I started at half nute solution and worked my way up to full dose over time. My temps stay between 73F/78F-night/day. Let me know what you think greenisland. I'm sorry if I am taking up too much of your time. By the looks of it, what do you guesstimate my yield being....just a ball park figure will help??? THANKS MY FRIEND-PEACE TO ALL Here's the video.......if you can't see it, it is called "HYDRO by potsmurf". I can't seem to see the video on this website but I done everything correctly. I don't know. I inserted a youtube link at the beginning of this post for those who get lost easily....LOL just kiddin, for real though about the link PEACE

P.S. greenisland, my seeds didn't come from hermies, they came from female buds. I got them from a fire bag of some mid-grade. It had several seeds in it. Not overkill but there were quite a few. Do you still think I will grow hermies?? They haven't shown any signs yet.....cross my fingers..lol

[video]YouTube - HYDRO by potsmurf

looks good potsmurf! Guessing yield is something I get asked to do a lot and its not really something i like to do. I dont want to get anyones hopes up so I usually will guess low, but then I have people say things like "my friend says I will get atleast xxxxx".

The problem with not knowing the strain is that weight is highly dependent on the strain it is. One strain may produce twice as much as another.

I would say you should expect between 2 and 8 ounces, lol. Im not even sure if that helps though.

We also dont know if its a 45 day strain or 90 or what....its obviously a hybrid so i would guess somewhere between 55 and 65 days.

One thing I would suggest is that you trim up the stem a bit and just leave like the top 10 inches or so. Your gonna end up with small unproductive budding sites on the bottom portion plus the extra room will help the air move around much better bringing in more CO2 where its needed.

Do you have a fan in that room? I dont remember seeing the leaves move. If you dont have a small oscillating fan you definitely need one. Also some CO2 would be a huge help if you dont have it already.

Also as far as your seed being hermi, it doesnt look like it at all as of yet. You probably wouldnt have ever known if what you smoked was hermi because the male flowers fall off pretty easily and its usually just a few small flowers per plant (on those kind of hermis atleast, there are some with mostly male flowers). So your seed has hermaphroditic tendencies most likely but luckily they dont seem to be showing through so thats good.

Did all of the seeds you planted end up being female? If they did thats a almost for sure sign that your bag was in fact a hermi but just mostly female and thats why you couldnt tell.

If you had three other seeds that were male it would point to the conclusion that there was in fact a male plant somewhere that seeded you bag bud.....this scenario is unlikely simply because if there was a true male plant around you would expect to have gotten many many seeds in you bag bud.

Hope that helps,

Stay hi, GI

I did have 6 plants and 3 were male. I chopped them down. The bag did have several seeds as well.....lol. How should I go about clearing out the bottom of the plants??? Most of the lower branches have grown straight through the canopy and look like they are trying to be colas.....kind of wierd huh??? Either way I go, I should have some good buds, right??? I mean as long as I do everything by the book....lol. I might not grow medicine but it should atleast be better than what it came from considering the bag it came from was seed infested....the fact that there's no seeds in mine should mean more thc, right??

Great grow Brother greensisland ;)

Love the Humate Supreme demonstration!!!

I didn't catch the bubblehash weight though - could you post that?

We're moving your journal to our completed archives for posterity - beautiful job man ;)

Much peace and respect to you from 420 Magazine.

:passitleft:

Awesome job potsmurf! That looks much better! And believe me you will be happy you did the trimming now so you wont have to do all that tedious small stuff in the end.

I might not grow medicine but it should atleast be better than what it came from considering the bag it came from was seed infested....the fact that there's no seeds in mine should mean more thc, right??

You will grow medicine either way ;). Trust me your stuff will probably be better than half of the "so called" medicine in the MMJ centers here. The quality of meds has dropped considerably since it went commercial here in CO. So dont be down on yourself....it should be some grade A sensimilia for sure.

No it wont be Sour D quality or Romulan, or anything like the most high's but will certainly be better than the stuff that was in the bag the seeds were in.
the fact that there's no seeds in mine should mean more thc, right??

Yes and no....you will have more productive plants ...yes, but the plant wont produce "more" or more potent THC. Its only capable of producing THC at a certain level regardless of whether there is seeds or not. Actually some research has shown that pollinated ovules (bud) actually can be covered in more trichomes than non pollinated ovules. The reason this may be is because the plant is trying to protect its young (seeds) and it uses the trichomes to do that...sticky trichomes keep away bugs and shield the ovule from intense UV light.

Overall it looks like your doing a great job! keep up the good work!

Oh yeah...the weight of the bubble hash in that pic was 21 grams....I think it shrunk down to about 16 or 17 though....plus I smoked some, lol. Not bad though! Man those 32 gallon bubble bags are a b**** to use though....still better than doing a million runs with the 5 gallon though! ;)

As always,
Stay HIGH! GI

Wow amazing grow! Great job Greenisland, I wish I could smoke some!

Very nice, looks like you out did yourself once again, and great information on the seeds, makes a lot of sense to me.... Again great job... P.S. Sorry about you issues with your grow. Not sure what it was but could not have been too serious thank God.... Keep up the journals always fun and informative...

Back
Top Bottom