Greenisland's Humate Supreme Organic Grow

Looks like you have been very busy, the room looks great. All of your hard work will pay off in the end and congratz on Humate Supreme going all out on this grow with you. :bravo:

I'm watching bro, and eager to learn...

:blunt:

hi green,
i am proud to say that after a pleasent phone call with a polite young lady at humate supreme,i will be stocking there line in my hydro outlet in the u.k,looking forward to this grow,as it will not only be a real pleasure to see how your grow turns out,but also an informative process for me,via customer and retailer relations!!!,not quite sure but think i might just be the only retailer within the area,so good times.

good luck,green.look forward to how this turns out.

albertgrow123:thanks:

Very nice job with the room. Babies are growing up and congrats on the sponsor for the grow. I am very interested to see how the product works for you....

Light-1-up
Re: Greenislands Humate Supreme (organic) grow
Looks like you have been very busy, the room looks great. All of your hard work will pay off in the end and congratz on Humate Supreme going all out on this grow with you.

I'm watching bro, and eager to learn...

It usually does pay off when dealing with this kind of thing. And thanks for the kind words!

albertgrow123
hi green,
i am proud to say that after a pleasent phone call with a polite young lady at humate supreme,i will be stocking there line in my hydro outlet in the u.k,looking forward to this grow,as it will not only be a real pleasure to see how your grow turns out,but also an informative process for me,via customer and retailer relations!!!,not quite sure but think i might just be the only retailer within the area,so good times.

good luck,green.look forward to how this turns out.

albertgrow123

Thats awesome man! Im so glad to hear that your gonna carry some humate supreme. I hope that works out well for you, its so easy to use I cant imagine anyone having any problems. Plus the tech support is great over at Humate Supreme!

sonzor
Very nice job with the room. Babies are growing up and congrats on the sponsor for the grow. I am very interested to see how the product works for you....

I am also very interested! lol.

Hopefully the new pics will be up tomarrow! (probably the day after though,..... depends on work). Wish me luck!

It usually does pay off when dealing with this kind of thing. And thanks for the kind words!

Thats awesome man! Im so glad to hear that your gonna carry some humate supreme. I hope that works out well for you, its so easy to use I cant imagine anyone having any problems. Plus the tech support is great over at Humate Supreme!

I am also very interested! lol.

Hopefully the new pics will be up tomarrow! (probably the day after though,..... depends on work). Wish me luck!

Wow this is quite the set up you got going on.Are you going to smoke all that?lol.Keep us posted on your electric bill.Looks great every thing seems pro.:peace:

Wow this is quite the set up you got going on.Are you going to smoke all that?lol.Keep us posted on your electric bill.Looks great every thing seems pro.

lol. No, Im not going to smoke all that. This garden was put together with the cooperation of many patients all legal medical marijuana patients. We all grow are meds in this garden. I have me my wife and several close friends all growing their meds in here. We are all going to be involved in taking care of these plants and we all helped fund them with either donations of equipment (lights, pots, soil, etc) and or cash for electricity and other things of the sort. Humate Supreme really stepped up and helped us all out a lot with their sponsorship of this grow. We are all indebted to them for their help with this. The electric bill like I said with all the major equipment at 220 volt should be kept as small as possible. And as for everything seeming "pro" I am a professional garden consultant. So I would certainly hope it looks halfway decent, lol. But still like I said in a previouse post everything has been donated as far as equipment goes accept for the few pieces of used equipment we had to buy. So far this entire grow has cost us "the patients" under $300 cash. If the money had been there a lot of things would have been done differently...but we work with what we have, right, :grinjoint:? I do fall in love with this small little garden more and more every day though. Its just so darn cute. With its little 600 watt ballasts and 6"reflectors. I rarely put up a 600 watt unit these days, they must not be the "in" trend anymore. Six inch air cooled reflectors are slightly more common for me to install these days still. Either way its turning out to be a lot of fun, and its just the beginning too! Our goal is too make top quality organic meds for ourselves because the quality here has seemed to be diminishing locally and as always the price is way high at the dispensary's, plus there's always something left to be desired in the quality...almost always atleast. There has been those select few times I got some good full organic (or so I was told) meds from a dispensary, however it was extra expensive and hard to find. Me and the patients growing in this garden just wanted to be self dependent and not have to rely on anyone else for our medication. Plus I really wanted to get another thread started, ;)lol, so this worked out perfectly.:roorrip: Anyhow Im glad everyone is posted! Glad to have you on board turttle!:welcome:

(I read this off your first grow) So this is my first journal. I have posted pics on this site already of the first garden I made like this (its destiny was to grow basil and tomatoes though) however they are the exact same setup as each other accept for the basil garden doesn't have Co2 injection and has a much less extensive exhaust system and filtering system than this garden does(I need it for the smell of the MJ plants, basil on the other hand has a very small amount of smell). Same exact room in the same exact kind of house. Honestly I have duplicated this same setup of lights and hoods numerous times for all kinds of different purposes. Im now growing with a more meaningful purpose. My fiance is sick with cancer (I haven't mentioned this yet but I want people to know the full reason why I do what I do.) And this garden is for her and I. She is a Med Pot patient as well as me. However shes in more need than I. She needs this medicine desperately. Her bones no longer work properly and shes in a lot of pain from them degrading right from under her. Hips, knees, shoulders, she cant even walk straight anymore. I love her and would do anything to make her life better and anything I can do to lower the amount of pain she goes through is worth it for me. Its really hard to see her in so much pain(even if she wont admit it), especially when I cant do hardly anything to help:(. My situation is very similar to another persons situation I read about on here. PotPie also grows medicine for his significant other. I saw his thread and decided to start my own for all to see. You can see my motivation here on his grow thread. On a more positive note, I love growing all kinds of plants, I don't solely grow MJ. So I hope everyone enjoys and gets something useful out of this small grow journal of my homegrown medicine! Also I hope I can find help with my few questions.(already had most questions answered by Mr Smith but I'm sure I will have more as I continue this since I just started to use the ebb and gro sets for everything (MJ and vegetables) and Ive never used them before)
Much respect to hear them words about your loved one.I can honestly say I know what you meen:peacetwo:
I noticed you were also doing tomatoes.I started some to get the feel for hydro but lately they seem like there lacking water.Not sure what it is.Using all fox farm with open secemy.drop super thive and teaspoon calmag.My ppm was 700 but I have lowerd it down to 470-530.They are about 20 inches tall.I am guessing its just to hot for them.temps are 80-90 but real humid.I have some picks if you would like to see they are in my gallerie.dont want to put tomatoes all over your journal lol.But if you have time if you could take a look I would much apreciate it.thanxs:goodjob:

Turttle from what I know tomato plants like it hot and dry.

Turttle from what I know tomato plants like it hot and dry.

Thanks reefa cheefa.Yah?I think its just to muggy and it beeing in bubblers isnt helping.There still growing thow.Nothing pretty lol but Im still lowering nutes and fanning them as much as possible.I wish I could just put them outside but hydro would surely not last long out there.Or I wouldnt need an air pump to produce bubbles any way.Thank you:peacetwo:

I took a look at your photo of the tomato plant and it looks fine accept perhaps a little lanky. Is it in full sun for most of the day? Cause if it isnt, that is the first change I would make. So long as you stay on the nutes and everything the sun will help shorten your node structure as well as promote more leaflet sites. And you can actually have hydro outdoors but its never as nice as indoors. You always have to make sure your rez doesnt overflow by covering any way for rain to leak in. Or you can always just water by hand with hydro nutes and that way when it rains its really just a natural flush, lol. And then when it dries up back to hand watering. It just depends on how much time you have every day and how often you can make it out to the garden.

On another note my wife is doing much better than she was so thats of course good news. She still has a lot of pain that the meds help with considerably. She as well as all the patients that are going to be growing in this garden need these meds and I feel like as a person who needs my own meds and has the expertise to design and build (with help) a garden its my duty to help. If you can help you almost always should and try to help those in need as much as possible,...or atleast try. In this case we were all in need. This garden is for all of us equally, and these patients need meds, and I needed to start a new forum, so here we are, lol.

Anyhow, the update should be in tomarrow evening. I ended up working more days than I had planned so all the rest of the building should be completed tomarrow. Thanks for tuning in everyone!

I took a look at your photo of the tomato plant and it looks fine accept perhaps a little lanky. Is it in full sun for most of the day? Cause if it isnt, that is the first change I would make. So long as you stay on the nutes and everything the sun will help shorten your node structure as well as promote more leaflet sites. And you can actually have hydro outdoors but its never as nice as indoors. You always have to make sure your rez doesnt overflow by covering any way for rain to leak in. Or you can always just water by hand with hydro nutes and that way when it rains its really just a natural flush, lol. And then when it dries up back to hand watering. It just depends on how much time you have every day and how often you can make it out to the garden.

On another note my wife is doing much better than she was so thats of course good news. She still has a lot of pain that the meds help with considerably. She as well as all the patients that are going to be growing in this garden need these meds and I feel like as a person who needs my own meds and has the expertise to design and build (with help) a garden its my duty to help. If you can help you almost always should and try to help those in need as much as possible,...or atleast try. In this case we were all in need. This garden is for all of us equally, and these patients need meds, and I needed to start a new forum, so here we are, lol.

Anyhow, the update should be in tomarrow evening. I ended up working more days than I had planned so all the rest of the building should be completed tomarrow. Thanks for tuning in everyone!

Nodes are 2 iches apart.I just started flowering and growth is good and starting to fatten up.Ive been growing indoor under 250 watt led and a couple t-5s.For a min I had her under HPS set to 250 watt when I was exchanging my leds.They are starting to look a little better.Leaves not so good.They seem to be rubbery and moldy then turn crisp like oak tree leef.Ive cut way back on nutes to like 300ppm.Ow and I also put them in the window seal for parts of the day.There is a lot of new growth and they have grown realy fast.IDK I thinks it to humid.Its over 100 degrees outside so cant put them out there.All the other plants are fine just these ferry morse beef stakes.Ow well not going to let it keep me up at night lol.Thank you for taking the time to look into that.:peacetwo:

Once again I somehow managed to delete my entire post right before I posted it. Damn computers!

Anyhow here we go again....

Nice to see you on board Butcher! Always glad to have you around!

So I started today with buying some paint and fans for the room. I wanted to paint the concrete floor so I dont stain it with soil and things of the sort. Also the paint makes the room look nicer, is easier to clean, is antibacterial, mold and mildew resistant plus helps with reflecting the light. The oscilating fans cost me $18 a pc at Walmart. I dont expect them to last long since nothing from walmart ever does but they were cheap and will do the job good enough for now...plus their white and thats sweet. And obviously the reason we need them is to keep the air moving as well as keep the plants from becoming weak. Also without the leaf moving the CO2 in the air around it gets used up in about 15 minutes, so no CO2 means no growing and thats bad. They will also help move around the cold AC air and the warm CO2 air from the generator. I think three is probably good enough to do all those things pretty well.

IMAG00772.jpg

IMAG00692.jpg

Ok and here are the new veg plants. They were all donated to us so the genetics on about half of them are unknown. Their either Herijuana, Blueberry, Millenium or Skinny Pineapple. I know for sure what half of them are, the others lost their labels but Im almost certain they are Herijuana from the looks. Ive never even heard of Skinny Pineapple or Millenium so I have no idea what to expect from those plants. Normally I wouldnt put un labeled plants in a garden but these were free and donated with love so Im very happy with them. Over the last 2 weeks I have sprayed them with azatrol 3 times and bombed them with pyrithium twice as well as a Sulfer burned them. I didnt see any bugs on them but its better to be safe than sorry, and Ive been sorry too many times. You can tell their a little upset with me for all the pest control and fungicide crap they got sprayed on them (notice the curled under leaves, and overall sheen?) but they will pop back and be just fine, AND with any luck be 100% bug, mold and mildew free for the rest of their lives. Just remember MITES SUCK and when they get in your garden the only thing that gets rid of them usually is starting over and doing this to your clones that you have left. Hopefully this preemptive strike will serve me well in the future. Theres 12 of them, and about the same number of seed sprouts. They are out of the garden for the night until the paint is done drying tomarrow. (...in case anyone was curious about what they were doing out of the garden.)

IMAG00782.jpg

I also got a few signs up as well. You cant really make it out to well cause of my crappy phone camera but thats the humate supreme logo in the backround and my custom metal sign on the reflector. Also you can see I have the first coat of paint down on the floor...just one more to go and its done, thank god! I hate painting...but love building gardens so I suppose its a trade off, lol.

IMAG00761.jpg

Ok so on another subject I got my humate supreme products today. Thank you Humate Supreme!! The only problem is that our US mail SUCKS and broke 3 out of 4 of the soil activator jars. Only one actually leaked out all over the place (mail guys truck, my mailbox, all over all the other products), it was a mess. The post office must have dropped it from a ten story building to break them cause they were packaged real nice and neat with padding and everything from Humate Supreme. Heres a pic...this was taken after I realized that 2 were actually cracked and not just one and before I realized there was actually a crack in the 3rd jar too! The only thing left in the one was the measuring cup and a little humate dust, damn USPS! The other two broken jars didnt actually start to leak out luckily cause they werent nearly as damaged. Stuff like this makes me wonder how we ever get seeds in one piece after usps handles it. Anyhow heres the pic of the damage usps did to the jars.

IMAG00761.jpg

IMAG00683.jpg

Now I want to be very clear that Humate Supreme packaged the hell out of this stuff; nice padding nice box,...everything. This is 100% on the postal service. The people down at Humate more than properly secured everything. Now as far as the post office goes, It really looks like someone just stomped the hell out of the box, or dropped it from the empire state building. Ive never seen any package so destroyed by usps in my life.

And now on another note here are a couple pics of nugs that Im gonna post in nug of the month. Figured I would showcase them here first. Its a special kind of Purple Diesel. Produces smaller than average nugs but the quality is astounding, as well as the high. Whats crazy is this plant never has or has ever had a green bud. To me this is new. Usually its a thing that happens when it gets cold, or when theres nute issues, or its just late in flowering, but this plant had none of that. As soon as the first small little hairs started to show the nodes were already all purple, as well as the stems and branches. The branches lost their purple tint and turned green when dried and cured but the buds stayed their fancy purple. Really a crazy plant, never seen a ONLY purple plant. Only the leaves were green!

102_23301.jpg

102_23291.jpg

Now I know I said I would get this post up yesterday but in my defense Ive been working on this post for some hours now, lol. So even though Im like 3 hours late with getting this post in on the 9th I really tried everyone. So sorry. I did stay up till 3 am (the time right now) to get this up as soon as possible.

Next post I will go into detail about how to emit CO2 properly in a room when you have no infrared CO2 sensor (CO2 ppm meter) or fuzzy logic controller. Its just a bit of math, fairly basic.

Thanks for reading everyone! Goodnight! :peacetwo::Rasta:

Ohhh and I almost forgot about you Turttle. 300ppm is like most peoples tap water in ppm. 300 is very low. I know people running tomatoes at 1800ppm right now (they are much much larger though) so you should be fine as long as your under 900. And as far as it being to hot out cause its 100 degrees thats not really an issue either cause tomatoes grow outside in those temps all the time. You cant just throw them outside when their used to being inside. You need to "harden" them off before putting them under the sun. Start like 1 hour out one day and then the next day increase an hour or two and so on until they are fully acclimated to being outside then you should be fine. Also tomatoes almost always look sickly compared to mj, thats just how they are. You may however want to double check what your PH is at. Either way 300ppm isnt giving them enough nutes to grow much for your tomatoes. Unless your flushing then its fine, just go back up afterwards. Hope that helps.:Rasta:

Real early this morning, late last night I thought I posted a vid of the garden but today it wasnt up so I must have messed something up.. anyhow.... Check it out. It gives you a pretty good idea of what the room is like. I ran the burner at full burn with all 5 lights on and the AC still cooled the room pretty darn fast so all seems pretty good.

YouTube - VIDEO0007.3gp

So I dont have a infrared CO2 ppm meter nor do I have the money for one so I will be timing the CO2 dispensed and tested to make sure its not over or under dosing. So when you want to try and calculate how much CO2 you need and how to dispense it you just have to do some simple math. If you have the extra cash its really, really worth getting a CO2 ppm meter/dispenser. But if you absolutely dont have the extra cash like me there is a way to dispense with a short cycle timer. So what you do is take the measurements of the room (height, width, length). So you multiply height x width x length. That gives you the cubic ft of your room. Now you want to enrich your garden to a percentage of .002 (2000ppm), between 1500-2000 is good. In the atmosphere already there is on average 300 to 400 ppm in the atmosphere. If you live in a populated city you can expect it to be on the higher side. If your garden is next to a gas water heater or furnace you can expect it to be a little higher as well. So now you need to take the ideal ppms of co2 which is .0015(1500ppm) to .002(2000ppm), well go with 2000ppm for this demo. So we have .00035 to .00039 on average already in the atmosphere so we need to take the "ideal" ppm of .0020 and subtract .00035 (CO2 already in the air) from that so you know how much more co2 you need to get to the desired amount of CO2 in the room. So you get .00165 as the amount you need to enrich your room. So for instance if you had a room that was 10ft x 10ft x 8ft you get a measurement of 800cubic ft for your room. Now multiply that by .00165 if you want to enrich to 2000ppms. You get 1.32 cubic ft of CO2 needed to enrich the garden to 2000ppms. A typical single burner CO2 generator unit produces 3 cubic ft of CO2 per hour, if you have more burners you multiply that by however many burners you have. So if you need 1.32 cubic ft of CO2 and you have a single burner unit thats producing 3 cubic ft of CO2 per hour you take 1.32 and divide it by 3 giving you .44 hours you need to run the burner before the room is at 2000ppms. So in case you dont know how to figure out how long that is its slightly less than a half hour or 26.4 minutes. A room will typically loose its CO2 in about 3 hours. If you vent the room it can lose its CO2 saturation a lot faster, thats why you dont want to vent the room when your releasing CO2, its a waste. If your room is very very sealed (which even if you think your room is it probably isnt unless its in a freezer or something VERY sealed) you can keep the saturation longer but eventually the plants will use it up. The bigger they are the more they use. So what I would do for the situation above is release CO2 for 24 minutes as soon as the lights turn on, to fully saturate the room to 2000ppms... then 2 hours later I would release for 12 minutes and then release for 8 minutes every hour there after (24min divided by 3 equals 8 minutes every hour so in every 3 hours that goes by you release for your 24 minutes that your supposed to. You can just release for 24 minutes every 3 hours but its better to release more often at shorter intervals so you dont have the high and low spikes of CO2. This is assuming you are loosing all of your CO2 every 3 hours which is pretty average.

Well I think thats it....lol... Hope that all makes sense! Stay high everyone, Im headed to bed!

I love the way your room looks and can't wait to watch this grow.

Great job G.I.

This grow is gonna be insane:blunt: Ill be here learning as much as I can :bong::reading420magazine:

Ok so heres the new update! I transplanted almost all the plants today into 7 gallon grow bags. Theres actually about 5 gallons of substrate in these bags right now. I filled these bags exactly as described by Humate Supreme.

Theres 10 % earth worm castings, 10% (high grade)mulch, 10% sunshine mix #4 organic ( which is basically an organic inert substrate with mulch type materials but also has a wetting agent, perlite, and peat moss). And then 70% topsoil (good topsoil). And of course I also added the humate supreme soil activator.

One thing I would like to add,... I went to home depot and their topsoil was absolutally horrid! It was like 70% SAND! That topsoil wouldnt grow anything,...simple as that.

Heres a pic of the soil, worm castings, and mulch.

humate_supreme_1_.jpg

humate_supreme_2_.jpg

humate_supreme_3_.jpg

humate_supreme_5_.jpg

Heres the soil activator right on top before it got mixed in.

humate_supreme_4_.jpg

Heres the humate supreme fertilizer pellets.

humate_supreme_7_.jpg

humate_supreme_6_.jpg

And heres the garden after I got it all cleaned up. As you can see I didnt have money for the 8 dollar pots and the 6 dollar trays that go under them so I got grow bags for $7 for 10 of them and these turkey baking trays at the dollar store. This is the ghetto grow of the century, lol.

humate_supreme_8_.jpg

I didnt get all the plants transplanted but that should happen here in a few days. Theres only three big ones left and all the smaller seedlings still that need to be transplanted. My hands are raw from mixing dirt:).

Thanks for tuning in! Ill include a short vid too... Goodnight everyone!

YouTube - VIDEO0008.3gp

Back
Top Bottom